Nonthaburi official hits back at police probe

webfact

Nonthaburi official hits back at police probe

By The Nation

a74b1e96d576b7ff08972ef46a96e69e.jpeg

Wasu Phan-ngern, president of the Tambon Ban Mai Administrative Organisation in Nonthaburi’s Bang Yai district

BANGKOK: -- A tambon chief in Nonthaburi plans to sue police for implicating him in the Mae Hong Son child-sex scandal.

Wasu Phan-ngern, president of the Tambon Ban Mai Administrative Organisation in Nonthaburi’s Bang Yai district, complained on Friday morning that Provincial Police in Region 5 had severely tarnished his reputation and that of his fellow tambon officials. 

Wasu and the other officials had been summoned for questioning about a field trip they’d taken to Mae Hong Son last September. Insisting his group had been involved in no wrongdoing, Wasu said he would have his lawyer file suit.

Police quizzed the Nonthaburi officials about their stay at a resort in the northern province that was known to be used for prostitution involving girls under 18. 

Wasu claimed there had been a “big party” at the resort on the night of September 22, “possibly a provincial-level event”, but police had not investigated what was involved or who attended. 

Claiming to possess video of official state vehicles parked outside the party venue, Wasu urged the Royal Thai Police to discipline the five local investigating officers for neglecting to investigate the nature of the gathering.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314993

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-12

16 hours ago, rkidlad said:

You can sue for being summoned to answer questions about a crime? Can poor people do this or only the rich and powerful?

Yes, Mr PM, everyone is equal in the eyes of the law. 

Yep, in theory at least ... 

I am sorry but I do not understand this justification.  You have been accused.  Go to court and prove your innocense.  If proved innocent then sue for wrongful accusations.    I do not understand suing beforehand.

Edited by oneiron

5 hours ago, oneiron said:

I am sorry but I do not understand this justification.  You have been accused.  Go to court and prove your innocense.  If proved innocent then sue for wrongful accusations.    I do not understand suing beforehand.

To understand how things work in LOS, you first need to learn how to walk backwards with your head buried up your ass, then you will fit in and all will become clear.

14 hours ago, rkidlad said:

You can sue for being summoned to answer questions about a crime? Can poor people do this or only the rich and powerful?

Yes, Mr PM, everyone is equal in the eyes of the law. 

Yes, Mr PM, everyone is equal in the eyes of the law blind. 

Remember, if you are a criminal, the CCA and the defamation laws are absolutely your best friend.

In fact the laws are so bad, that you can almost convict people of what they are charged with, simply because they try to use them.

It is only AFTER you have proved your innocence, that you should feel the need to take legal recourse.

Imagine the mayhem, if every person arrested and charged, or even simply questioned, sued for defamation?

Edited by darksidedog

To deny is the first reaction, nothing new there, the next reaction is to threaten to sue, nothing new there too . The next reaction is move to Cambodia or Laos, nothing new there.