Driver denies trying to flee after killing pedestrian in Nonthaburi

webfact

Driver denies trying to flee after killing pedestrian in Nonthaburi
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A motorist allegedly attempted to flee the scene after hitting and killing a pedestrian in Nonthaburi’s Bang Bua Thong district on Friday morning, but his car then hit a motorcyclist before crashing into a power pole 500 metres away.

The pedestrian, Preecha Buttawong, 29, died at the scene. His body was hurled into the roadside on impact.

Samatcha Somboon, 27, denied trying to flee after his Nissan Almera car crashed into the power pole.

Seconds before, his car hit motorcyclist Laddawal Niemthaisong, 32. She was taken to Bang Bua Thong Hospital.

Samatcha claimed he became unconscious briefly and when he came to, he found that he had hit a man, a motorcycle and the power pole.

Police said they would interrogate the motorist.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315015

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-12

it he has a verifiable medical condition then he might be telling the truth but that then leads to another issue, why was he driving a vehicle if he is prone to blackouts or seizures.

Personally I think he is telling porkies ..................... check his phone  

"Samatcha claimed he became unconscious briefly..."

Unconscious and was still able to drive a half a kilometer,  wake up and then become unconscious again just in time to hit someone else. Wake up and claim to remember nothing. 

Right out of the book "1001 Lame and Successful Excuses to Use After Killing Someone With Your Auto". Of course if he were heir to a billion dollar fortune he would just have to say "<deleted> You, I'm rich, can skip the country, and buy a foreign passport. What are you going to do about it.?"

he had one eye open 

lets not forget that one person died and a few more were injured in this incident

it again comes down to law enforcement and punishment 

Drivers here will continue to do what they can get away with ......................... as long as they think they can

you can never reduce accidents to zero while humans are in control

Driving 500 metres unconscious, and he expects the police to believe that.

Just another case of not my fault, you must believe me.

Far too many drivers here cause accidents/ fatalities then lie about it.

I have never met a Thai who will accept responsibility for their own actions, ( my wife included)

16 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Good 1. 

Claimed he became "unconscious". :cheesy:

So that makes it not his fault ? 

The way some people go around being unconscious would be a reasonable explanation. 

16 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Great Excuses, you can sure count on them around here, so much talent in this department.

Hit and Run should be minimum 5 years in jail.

The excuses come quite easily here in LOS because that is how they are raised. They are just copping their government officials that they grew up with .And they are not taught any morals in the home or schools.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Driving 500 metres unconscious, and he expects the police to believe that.

Just another case of not my fault, you must believe me.

Far too many drivers here cause accidents/ fatalities then lie about it.

I have never met a Thai who will accept responsibility for their own actions, ( my wife included)

when I first set foot in Thailand one of my first observations was that Thai people in general have the mental attitude of children, this has not changed