Thailand Post sets up postal machines at Suvarnabhumi Airport

rooster59

Automated postal machines set up at Suvarnabhumi Airport

By The Nation

65d80e82c157e57f6120e0e717eef347-sld.jpeg

Thailand Post has introduced Automated Postal Machine (APM) service at Suvarnabhumi Airport to enable air travellers to dispatch by post any items prohibited from being carried on board. 

Thailand Post president Smorn Terdthumpiboon said on Friday that the introduction of the new service by Thailand Post would allow travellers to send items to addresses in Thailand and to other countries by post. 

She said the service would help air travellers barred by airlines from carrying with them any items or those who want to mail things in rush hour and do not want to wait in a long line at post offices.

The APMs have been installed at the airport's departure hall on the fourth floor before departure for international flights in the east zone and at the end of check-in counters row D, M, T, and B. The service is available all 24 hours.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30315102

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-13

"However, prohibited items such as sharp items with or without protection, explosives, live animals, pressurised items, and inflammable items cannot be sent using this facility. "

So I guess this means there is an honour system that everybody would totally respect.

Seems to me that many folks would have no hesitation whatever to use this machine mail a handgun or a mobile phone with batteries that are known to explode.

2 minutes ago, BangkokNicky said:

I thought  you had to show some sort of id when sending parcels out of Thailand..  

"Users must enter their citizen ID number or passport number into the machine to identify themselves"

Honesty system.

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

"However, prohibited items such as sharp items with or without protection, explosives, live animals, pressurised items, and inflammable items cannot be sent using this facility. "

So I guess this means there is an honour system that everybody would totally respect.

Seems to me that many folks would have no hesitation whatever to use this machine mail a handgun or a mobile phone with batteries that are known to explode.

You mean, IF all parcels were not xrayed ?