North Korea says will have dialogue with U.S. under right conditions - Yonhap

rooster59

North Korea says will have dialogue with U.S. under right conditions - Yonhap

640x640 (2).jpg

FILE PHOTO - A North Korean flag flies on a mast at the Permanent Mission of North Korea in Geneva October 2, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse/File Photo

SEOUL (Reuters) - A senior North Korean diplomat who handles relations with the United States said on Saturday Pyongyang would have dialogue with the U.S. administration if conditions were right, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported.

Choe Son Hui, North Korea's foreign ministry director general for U.S. affairs, made the comment to reporters in Beijing as she was travelling home from Norway, Yonhap said.

"We'll have dialogue if the conditions are there," she told reporters when asked if the North was preparing to hold talks with the Trump administration, according to Yonhap.

When asked if North Korea was also preparing to talk with the new government in South Korea, of liberal President Moon Jae-in, Choe said: "We'll see."

The comments by Choe, who is a veteran member of the North's team of nuclear negotiators, came amid stepped up international efforts to press North Korea and ease tension over its pursuit of nuclear arms.

U.S. President Donald Trump warned in an interview with Reuters in late April that a "major, major conflict" with the North was possible, but he would prefer a diplomatic outcome to the dispute over its nuclear and missile programmes.

Trump later said he would be "honoured" to meet the North's leader, Kim Jong Un, under the right conditions.

Choe was in Norway for so-called Track Two talks with former U.S. government officials, according to Japanese media, the latest in a series of such meetings.

A source with knowledge of the latest meeting said at least one former U.S. government official took part but the U.S. administration was not involved.

South Korea's Moon, elected this week on a platform of a moderate approach to North Korea, has said he would be willing to go to Pyongyang under the right circumstances and said dialogue must be used in parallel with sanctions to resolve the problem over North Korea's weapons.

North Korea has conducted five nuclear tests in defiance of U.N. and U.S. sanctions and is also developing long-range missiles to deliver atomic weapons.

It says it needs such weapons to defend itself against U.S. aggression.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-05-13

They're stalling. Don't let em pay lip service. NK's ultimate goal is to have workable nukes; it guarantees their survival. Any alternative in their eyes is just not good enough + they can't be trusted. Regime change is the only sure way of sorting this. It might be messy, but better now before they have the capability to hold the world to ransom and cause mayhem. Free North Korea!

And Trump will ultimately do nothing because there's really not much he can feasibly do. The Chinese are already bribing him with an avalanche of trademark approvals and hints of controlling North Korea in exchange for American acquiescence of China's island grabs in the South China Sea. What's more, Trump has now agreed to send reps to attend China's silk road conference. 

from the OP:   Trump later said he would be "honoured" to meet the North's leader, Kim Jong Un, under the right conditions.

I'm sure the N.Koreans and everyone else know by now: Nothing, I repeat NOTHING Trump utters or tweets can be accepted as truth.  He is to truth what a guppy is to pole vaulting. So, for N.Korean leaders to think Trump would like to meet with them, just because he said so, is mistaken.  Trump has told thousands of lies in recent months, not least was, "I would love to release my taxes, believe me."  

4 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I'm sure the N.Koreans and everyone else know by now: Nothing, I repeat NOTHING Trump utters or tweets can be accepted as truth.

So when Trump said that he would go to war with NK, We can accept that isnt true and he wouldnt actually go to war with NK ?

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

As usual  the   game  has  cards  being played  under the  table. All players  are waiting  for the flush  hand  but a  joker  is the  rogue  card in the  pack.

I play cards, and i dont understand what you have said, but i will defend, until death, your right to say it.:wacko:

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

:huh:

It does make sense. The DPRK do NOT want war. However they will not - cannot afford to be seen as backing down so they will continue to bristle. Cool things down and so will they.

N.Korean leaders are doing what the American people are doing:  They're taking what Trump says seriously.  Unfortunately, all of us have to take what he takes seriously, because he controls the most powerful military arsenal in history.  

Just as it's tough for Americans to gauge what's coming down the tubes from the WH, it's tough for N.Koreans to gauge whether Trump will fire missiles tonight or make another statement like, "I would be honored to meet with Kim."    

Trump thinks he's smart by being so unpredictable.  Will we think he's so smart, when Seoul is a smoldering heap of glowing metal, glass and concrete?   .....due to N.Koreans taking Trump at  his word when he says something like, "I will bomb them tonight, believe me."

38 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

due to N.Koreans taking Trump at  his word when he says something like, "I will bomb them tonight, believe me."

When did Trump say that ?

Did he mean it literally, or was it meant as a figure of speech ?

Did Trump categorically state that "tonight" he would bomb NK ?

Careful Donald get the price of admission to the talks first. What do you have to confess to?. In the end they want more oil and food for the starving masses and that should buy you a 6 month reprieve on their nuclear ambitions after that be prepared to pony up again. 

On 5/14/2017 at 9:43 AM, sanemax said:

When did Trump say that ?

Did he mean it literally, or was it meant as a figure of speech ?

Did Trump categorically state that "tonight" he would bomb NK ?

I preceded it with the phrase, "when he says something like....."

Note:  Trump stated as fact, a few weeks ago, that the Carl Vinson group was headed straight to Korean waters.  That's saber rattling, my friend.  Trump  has shown, 1,000 times, that he's the loosest of loose cannons, and his word isn't worth a dried piece of dog shit.    It wouldn't matter if he was just a greedy NY businessman.  Yet it matters now, because he can single-handedly start major wars.  You can opine that generals and admirals around him may restrain him.   They might make some noises/grunts, but there's not one person or group of people in the world who can stop Trump from being Trump (and starting wars) if he so chooses.

He's mentally sick.  Combine that with a man who likes to launch powerful bombs, and you've got a catastrophe waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

I preceded it with the phrase, "when he says something like....."

Note:  Trump stated as fact, a few weeks ago, that the Carl Vinson group was headed straight to Korean waters.  That's saber rattling, my friend.  Trump  has shown, 1,000 times, that he's the loosest of loose cannons, and his word isn't worth a dried piece of dog shit.    It wouldn't matter if he was just a greedy NY businessman.  Yet it matters now, because he can single-handedly start major wars.  You can opine that generals and admirals around him may restrain him.   They might make some noises/grunts, but there's not one person or group of people in the world who can stop Trump from being Trump (and starting wars) if he so chooses.

He's mentally sick.  Combine that with a man who likes to launch powerful bombs, and you've got a catastrophe waiting to happen.

OK, so he didnt actually say what you quoted him as saying .

When you put made up quotes in quotation marks , it appears like the person actually said those things

So everything that Trump says is a lie and your made up quotes, we should believe ?

BTW , the Carl Vinson group did go to NK , its just that they stopped off in Australia first , so, that wasnt a lie .

Going straight there or taking a quick detour on the way , there really isnt much difference 

Donald Trump thinks North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un has been in power since the nineties

"Trump insisted in his Fox News interview that “this gentleman” in North Korea has outplayed both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama over the years."

"But current North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un is barely thirty years old, and he didn’t come into power until 2011 when his father Kim Jong-Il died."

"By Trump’s own admission, he believes the guy currently in charge of North Korea is the same guy who was in charge a quarter century ago."

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/donald-trump-thinks-north-korean-dictator-kim-jong-un-and-his-late-father-are-the-same-person/2341/

Yup. It's real.

This ignorant fool believes Pres. Bill Clinton was dealing with a teenager.

No, you buffoon, it was his father:

The guy is senile...

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

OK, so he didnt actually say what you quoted him as saying .

When you put made up quotes in quotation marks , it appears like the person actually said those things

So everything that Trump says is a lie and your made up quotes, we should believe ?

BTW , the Carl Vinson group did go to NK , its just that they stopped off in Australia first , so, that wasnt a lie .

Going straight there or taking a quick detour on the way , there really isnt much difference 

Trump and all his people stated the Carl Vinson was headed straight to Korean waters.  For at least 50 hours, everyone in Trump's inner circle, including his spokespeople and Sec. of State, and VP, backed the story.  Then later, we found it was false.  

Similarly, for at least 50 hours, all the same goons vehemently backed Trump's story of why Comey was fired.  It was only days later that the truth came out of Donald's sly mouth.  When the Comey story first broke, I knew right away that Trump had directed the Deputy AG and Sessions himself (who should have kept to his recusal pledge) to each write reasons why Comey was a bad guy - in order to craft an excuse for Comey's firing.  It's was very clumsily done.   Many news commentators and journalists are now openly saying that Trump is not only a liar, but he's a very dim-witted one.

As for quotation marks:   there are millions of books, magazines, and online pages which use quotation marks - where it's somewhat obvious it's either drama, a novel or satire.  Sorry if you got put off.

50 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Trump and all his people stated the Carl Vinson was headed straight to Korean waters.  For at least 50 hours, everyone in Trump's inner circle, including his spokespeople and Sec. of State, and VP, backed the story.  Then later, we found it was false.                     

As for quotation marks:   there are millions of books, magazines, and online pages which use quotation marks - where it's somewhat obvious it's either drama, a novel or satire.  Sorry if you got put off.

As stated previously , its not important as whether they went straight there or whether they went somewhere else along the way , when you state that youre going straight somewhere , that doesnt literally mean that you will be going in a straight line, you could quite possible stop off along the way, even making a detour, to get to the place where you are going .

Foe example , if a friend telephoned you and asked you to come around and you said  , OK , I will be straight around and when you got there he said , You liar, you said that you were coming straight around, but you went to 7/11 first, which is not coming straight here .

Anyway , Im getting quite tired of pointing out the obvious to you .

BTW , Quotation marks

"Quotation marks, also called quotes, quote marks, quotemarks, speech marks, inverted commas or talking marks,[1][2] are punctuation marks used in pairs in various writing systems to set off direct speech, a quotation, or a phrase." 

You have said something else that isnt true .

Im quite tired of pointing out your mistakes and untruths , so, I will just let you carry on in the future

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

As stated previously , its not important as whether they went straight there or whether they went somewhere else along the way , when you state that youre going straight somewhere , that doesnt literally mean that you will be going in a straight line, you could quite possible stop off along the way, even making a detour, to get to the place where you are going .

Foe example , if a friend telephoned you and asked you to come around and you said  , OK , I will be straight around and when you got there he said , You liar, you said that you were coming straight around, but you went to 7/11 first, which is not coming straight here .

Anyway , Im getting quite tired of pointing out the obvious to you .

BTW , Quotation marks

"Quotation marks, also called quotes, quote marks, quotemarks, speech marks, inverted commas or talking marks,[1][2] are punctuation marks used in pairs in various writing systems to set off direct speech, a quotation, or a phrase." 

You have said something else that isnt true .

Im quite tired of pointing out your mistakes and untruths , so, I will just let you carry on in the future

Spoken like a true Trump apologizer.  It's been a busy several months for y'all, hasn't it?

Trump and all his spokespeople, plus the VP (who is also always wrong about things) and Sec.of State Tillerson, and all the top brass around Trump said clearly that the Carl Vinson was heading to Korean waters at that time.  They all kept saying that for at least 2 full days and nights, until the top officer on the Vinson called in and told the press corps HE WAS NOT HEADED FOR KOREAN WATERS.  

Only one of the two following things can be true about that episode:  Either Trump and all his people were flat out lying to everyone, or they didn't know where the carrier group has headed.   I think it was the latter.  Trump mistakenly thought the carrier group was going to Korean waters.  Since Trump can never admit he was ever wrong about anything (Thaksin has the same character flaw), and Trump is a habitual liar, the general public will never know.  It doesn't matter about the carrier group, but it reinforces the fact that Trump is not only a habitual liar, he's inept at it.  

He's building up dump truckloads of bad karma which will come back and dump on him.  Will it be weeks or months, I don't know.  It won't be soon, because of the phalanx of Republican who will protect Trump, no matter what.  Republicans would rather see the USA go down the drain, and become a laughing stock of the rest of the world, than do anything that would break ranks with their massively stupid prez.