Money transfer

What is the source of the money? Do you have a Work Permit?

If you have a WP you can set it up on internet banking, takes a few days to get approved but once it's set up it takes a few hours for transfers to arrive at the far end. Cost is 1500 Baht IIRC.

Otherwise you'll have to go to your branch, here be dragons :sad:

I would personally be doing that manually exchanging the 600,000 back to sterling at any of the big exchangers keeping documentation and walking it through customs making declaration back in the uk.

You are going to get walloped on the international transfer on rates 100%

17 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I would personally be doing that manually exchanging the 600,000 back to sterling at any of the big exchangers keeping documentation and walking it through customs making declaration back in the uk.

You are going to get walloped on the international transfer on rates 100%

how much is walloped

54 minutes ago, splodger said:

how much is walloped

An hefty walloping on the spread for sure if it hits your UK account in Baht...normally around 10 baht spread if bought/sold in uk at post offices banks etc

You could convert the 600,000 thats in your thai account to sterling and let them send in sterling back to uk.....spread will be much much closer at your thai bank but It wont be if it lands in uk still in baht.

Personally I'd take to vasu yenjit or superrich  and let them convert into sterling and walk the money into the uk.....keep documentation with you just in case you get a tug from uk customs.

You'd be above the 10,000 euro declaration limit for cross border carrying so technically you should declare at customs....they will get shitty if you get tugged with no documentation as to where it came from but not if you're carrying documentation

Edited by Chivas

you can set up international transfer via bkk bank online. The fee is 300baht to transfer up to 20,000USD/mo. The receiving bank if in the USA will charge USD $20.

This is if you have a work permit, and falls under repatriating funds earned overseas. I do it literally every few days into my trading accounts.

Never pay the 1500baht fee as mentioned above as often the receiving bank will also charge you. Just pay the 300THB.

Edited by xvend