Immigration Mobile Service

Immigration commander Pol.Lt.Gen. Chanwut Wacharaphuk, the commander of the Immigration Office, arranged a mobile immigration service centre on April 21, 2004. in front of the Buddy Lodge Hotel on Khao Sarn Rd. in Bangkok. Foreign tourists can conviently get temporary visa extensions allowing them to stay in the kingdom on a short term basis. Residence regsitration can also be done at the mobile one stop service car.

761.jpg

R761-1.jpg

any comment click: http://www.imm3.police.go.th/webboard/view.php?No=761

Seems to me this is counter-evidence to those who claim that Thai immigration is trying to get rid of foreigners, etc. Here we have a clear case of accommodating foreign tourists/residents. Yes you could argue they're trying to 'catch' overstayers, etc, but to do that they wouldn't need to set up a mobile station - they could simply raid guesthouses (as they've done in the past).

In Pai they're doing something similar. Mae Hong Son immigration sends a couple of officers to Pai once a week (Thursdays last I checked) where they occupy a rented room and do visa extensions, etc.

Immigration commander Pol.Lt.Gen. Chanwut Wacharaphuk, the commander of the Immigration Office, arranged a mobile immigration service centre on April 21, 2004. in front of the Buddy Lodge Hotel on Khao Sarn Rd. in Bangkok. Foreign tourists can conviently get temporary visa extensions allowing them to stay in the kingdom on a short term basis. Residence regsitration can also be done at the mobile one stop service car.

Can i get the 1 month permit to stay stamp in this mobile immigration centre ? What is the opening hr ? open everyday ?

:o Wow...is it April 1st again....????

But, seriously, a brilliant & constructive idea...... (or once).

I don't need the service (have work permit etc.) but still, best bit of news I've seen for weeks... months.... Could keep some innocent people who are just having fun from getting into trouble through laziness.

Or is it a joke!?

Any countries in this world have their own rules and regulation on the immigration.

Thailand is torelate in this area and we should thank the Thai imigration for having this type of arrangements.

If you want to overstay then pls apply the extension visa by all means.

This is very fair to all the visitors in Thailand.

You are welcome back to Thailand if have a valid visa.

Thailand Welcome all peoples from all over world.

Please have a valid visa or extension Visa.

This must be a joke?

It is bad enough trying to keep up with the changing Immigration rules

- thanks to all who contribute to this forum!! -

BUT now we have the immigration office moving around as well?

Give it a break

How are we supposed to know where the office is from

DAY to DAY, or MONTH to MONTH?

Where is the schedule?

Another half cocked Thai idea.....................

Quoting Astral:

How are we supposed to know where the office is from

DAY to DAY, or MONTH to MONTH?

Where is the schedule?

Another half cocked Thai idea.....................

Why not CONTACT IMMIGRATION and find out what the schedule is, instead of moaning at this forum??

I think it seems like a really good idea.

And as you can see in the background of the second picture, the booth's first customer is a neatly dressed farang who knows the proper way to present himself to Thai Immigration Authorities.

:o

kenk3z

And as you can see in the background of the second picture, the booth's first customer is a neatly dressed farang who knows the proper way to present himself to Thai Immigration Authorities.

kenk3z

Yeah, I can see the backpack clear enough, but where are the dreads? :D

is short term the same as short time

Seems to me this is counter-evidence to those who claim that Thai immigration is trying to get rid of foreigners, etc. Here we have a clear case of accommodating foreign tourists/residents. Yes you could argue they're trying to 'catch' overstayers, etc, but to do that they wouldn't need to set up a mobile station - they could simply raid guesthouses (as they've done in the past).

In Pai they're doing something similar. Mae Hong Son immigration sends a couple of officers to Pai once a week (Thursdays last I checked) where they occupy a rented room and do visa extensions, etc.

As I've been saying since the Millennium, if you act / dress / speak respecfully, it's NOT Immigration causing the hassles, but another dept closely linked to the annual registrations.

Since early 2001, the problems have not been issued by individual departments either, but from a more central "authority".

I've had nothing but praise for Immigration's approach to foreigners since the leading lights switched from being Democratic - they seem to be one of the few departments exercising good sense towards foreign currency contributors to the treasury.

I think this mobile service illustrates that Immigration are a forward looking and helpful bunch. Don't knock them for fairly enforcing easily accessible laws and rules - we all know what they are, if we obey them, we get no problem.

The only people who get problems are those that break them, or who push the envelope too far regarding non-immigration issues.... consider the following -

The Foreign Business Act says we can operate as Accountants, Lawyers & Architects - The Royal Decree still prohibits it.

The Cultural Artefacts Act states we cannot export more that 5 images of Buddha and must present them to Fine Arts for inspection and certification before export - what about what's offered at all markets, bazaars and souvenir shops nationwide, or even on postage stamps and postcards?

There are much more concealed "gotcha's" in laws that have no bearing on the Immigration Dept than anything in their manuals and the rules they enforce.

This question has probably been answered time and time again but here it goes again.

Im british and have just returned from thailand, my American buddy is still out there and wants to come to england for a couple of months, hes something like 35days overstayed on his Tourist Visa. What does he need to do to get out the country safely, i know i read some where that u just have to go to the airport with the money to pay for the maximum overstay fine, but with all these changes i could be wrong. Also will there be any trouble at the airport i.e cos hes overstayed he wont be able to come back or anything like that???

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

This question has probably been answered time and time again but here it goes again.

Im british and have just returned from thailand, my American buddy is still out there and wants to come to england for a couple of months, hes something like 35days overstayed on his Tourist Visa. What does he need to do to get out the country safely, i know i read some where that u just have to go to the airport with the money to pay for the maximum overstay fine, but with all these changes i could be wrong. Also will there be any trouble at the airport i.e cos hes overstayed he wont be able to come back or anything like that???

Regards

There'll be an overstay penalty of 200 baht per day payable at departure. He should leave Thailand asap because if he is caught by Immigration, the daily penalty is not an option. It is detention and probable deportation and blacklisted.

"Now all we need is a border immigration bus that comes to Pattaya or wherever instead of us going to the border every 3 months."

This is the best idea I have heard in years!

Are they listening though?

Now this would be really helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kenk3z

LOL. yes that dude is granted the visa of his choice. no documentation needed. what a class act

Regards

He can head to airport and fork over 7000 or more baht charge. they will be happy to receive his cash. No need to worry about scare hype

What's wrong with these clueless travellers, don't they ever bone up on the basics of Thai or Asian culture?

Send him back to wherever..... Grrrr! :o

Now all we need is a border immigration bus that comes to Pattaya or wherever instead of us going to the border every 3 months.

Better to bring the Imm bus to Pattaya and save everyone the trip to the border.!!

I have just been to Suan Plu this morning and signed on for my 90 day extension a couple of days early.

I am staying in Bangkok and go up country to see my wife at the weekends and when I explained this to the lady she said that if I went up there to live I can just post my stuff to them and that there would be no problem at all, at least from Immigration.

When I renewed my Thai Wife visa in January they would only give me an 8 month visa because my passport would expire then. I spoke to another lady at Suan Plu this morning and she said that when I get another passport she would give me the extra 4 months without any problems at all.

When I go there I am usually neatly dressed, polite and quiet and cause the staff no hassle at all and in return I get good polite service and any information and help that I need.

If you think that Thailand gives you a problem consider that a friend of mine wanted to marry his Thai lady friend who was pregnant with his child at the time in the UK. After the baby was born she had to leave the UK and go back to Belgium where she was living before and it took them 3 years to get permission to live in the UK and in that time she could only see her son outside of the UK.

I love Thailand and intend to spend the rest of my life here with my wife.

As for the mobile immigration van opening times, if you need to know what they are, telephone the Immigation Department or go and see for yourself.

Don't bitch about it as the Thai authorities are trying to help you.

Rmemeber it is their country, their rules and if you want to stay here, accept that fact.

If not then leave. It is your choice.

:o:D

Wether or not the mobile service will be a success, time will show. At least give credit, they do try to please.

ka12345: Has anyone ever tried to extend a visa in any European country or in the US?

I like this question. Yes, I live outside my own country for the last 35 years and always had to deal with immigration people, foreign police or whatever they call themselves. Both in Europe and in Asia.

Thailand is not worse than others and once you deduct the language and mentality barrier the boys and girls down at Suan Plu are quite helpful.

Now all we need is a border immigration bus that comes to Pattaya or wherever instead of us going to the border every 3 months.

Better to bring the Imm bus to Pattaya and save everyone the trip to the border.!!

get a valid long stay visa and save yourself a trip to the border :o