Phuket cable thieves caught, down TOT telecoms services

webfact

Phuket cable thieves caught, down TOT telecoms services

Eakkapop Thongtub

1494822975_1-org.jpg

The men were caught on CCTV cutting down and stealing the cable on early on May 8. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Police have arrested three men for stealing more than 80 metres of telecoms cable worth more than B40,000 in Phuket, leaving TOT subscribers in the Pa Khlok area without phone services last week.

The thefts were reported to police by TOT representative Issaren Wongsukkasem.

The first incident saw 35 meters of cable valued at B15,195 cut from along the Paklangship – Baan Para Rd on the night of Sunday, May 7, reported Capt Pichit Thongtor of the Thalang Police.

“Then, on May 8, another 50 meters of cable worth B27,026.05 was stolen in Moo 3 Pa Khlok,” he added.

That, however, was when the the thieves came unstuck. The three culprits were caught on CCTV carrying out the theft just before dawn.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-cable-thieves-caught-down-tot-telecoms-services-62154.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-15

I recall a case of vandalism in UK which resulted in the whole town in a remote location losing their television signal. The culprits couldn't be found by the police, as the general response was "it wasn't my son/daughter and no one knows anything about it" however after the 3rd time it happened (on both previous occassions it had been up and running again within a couple of days) the answer however on the third occasions was the town was left without any television signal for almost a month. The tv tower was subsequently repaired and the town never had any further vandalism problems since that month without tv reception.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk