BREAKING: Small bomb explodes in Bangkok - 2 injured

I hope this is not the case: Extremist Muslims having discovered, that detonating bombs in the deep south of the country dosn't shake up the world and not Thailand. But detonating bombs in BKK may have a bigger impact. I hope not...

Cheers.

1 minute ago, swissie said:

I hope this is not the case: Extremist Muslims having discovered, that detonating bombs in the deep south of the country dosn't shake up the world and not Thailand. But detonating bombs in BKK may have a bigger impact. I hope not...

Cheers.

Indeed... this has long been a concern of mine.  I really do hope this violence does not spread up to Bangkok and that this is something unrelated

6 minutes ago, swissie said:

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed... this has long been a concern of mine.  I really do hope this violence does not spread up to Bangkok and that this is something unrelated

It wouldn't take rocket science for any terrorist to figure out the obvious...:ph34r::whistling:

They are not saying much.

Perhaps they simply do not have valid information.

As I type this it is 2:30 am and it is raining in Bangkok with a thunderstorm.

Beyond that, I can not say.

Incidentally moderator please remove the message by someone called James Caroll above on this topic

They are apparently offering  Drugs and such foe sale.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
Added a comment

Metropolitan police chief says no explosion, just ad sign falling
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan chief Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahathavorn said Monday night the loud noise in front of the National Theathre was caused by an advertisement sign falling down and shattering.

He said bomb disposal officials checked and did not find trace of explosives at the scene.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315336

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-16

Explosion at Sanam Luang wounds 2

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

S__5996632-696x521.jpg

Policemen stand guard Monday by the scene of an explosion at Sanam Luang.

BANGKOK —  An explosion reportedly injured two people Monday night in Bangkok’s historic quarter, though police said it was not a bomb attack.

A loud bang was heard at about 8:40pm in front of the National Theatre, opposite to the Sanam Luang, where cremation rituals for His Majesty the Late King Bhumibol are being prepared. Chanasongkram police station chief Col. Pitak Sutthikul said two people suffered minor injuries. He said the explosion was caused by lighting equipment failure, not a bomb.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2017/05/15/explosion-sanam-luang-wounds-2/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-16

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Ohh i see, no worries then...just some exploding lighting equipment....i've also seen huge transformers explode infront of malls so i guess it's the same family of incidents.

I am sure this is a disappointment to the RTP. Now they won't be able to offer up a bounteous taxpayer funded reward for the capture of some hapless individual and then collect the reward themselves in front of a huge media audience. 

RUBBISH! I just watched this on the news. Anybody doesnt agree it was a kid with a firecracker? Maybe not but mostlikely. I can go take a video of a firecracker in a pvc pipe if need be. What is this talk of pressure and gas. Thebpipe was a frame for a sign. Even biological possabilities of creating gas dont exist. The police need to be sacked. All of them for lying to the public and wasting my time with fake news. They are making them, their government and country look stupid by being such. Call it what it is and deal with. Cover ups for a fircracker... Oooohhhh someones paranoid!

27 minutes ago, rkidlad said:
Very confusing. Isn't there some law about confusing the public with disinformation and misinformation? I thought it was quite serious. 

Lolz don't tell the Junta about that law!

<<<<Troll comment removed>>>>

Edited by metisdead
Continue posting that comment and your posts will be removed.

7 hours ago, MaxLee said:

It wouldn't take rocket science for any terrorist to figure out the obvious...:ph34r::whistling:

Well, these are Thai terrorists we're talking about. How many years have they been blowing crap up down south yet they still are not blowing up things in other areas?

12 hours ago, Farang hunter said:

Why and for what? because violence will never solve problems, free speech does.   Look at the west people.

Free speech in the west is no longer the case Islam has seen to that.

On 5/15/2017 at 10:09 PM, Farang hunter said:

Why and for what? because violence will never solve problems, free speech does.   Look at the west people.

Right, in the West talk is cheap. All the power and wealth is now controlled by the elite.

As anyone who doesn't have vast quantities of wealth surely knows, Terrorism is the most effective form of politics.

Edited by ben2talk

4 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Right, in the West talk is cheap. All the power and wealth is now controlled by the elite.

As anyone who doesn't have vast quantities of wealth surely knows, Terrorism is the most effective form of politics.

Yes talk is cheap and if we all over the world try to make fun of each other (terrorists, governments and people in between) I think we might have a chance to lower the damages caused by violence.

3 hours ago, Farang hunter said:

Yes talk is cheap and if we all over the world try to make fun of each other (terrorists, governments and people in between) I think we might have a chance to lower the damages caused by violence.

Not sure about that, but sometimes it's great to be able to talk and it's definitely frustrating having to think twice before you say anything which might be offensive... Sometimes a good joke and then a bit of truth talk to follow can take a lot of stress out of a situation.