Rats

pumpjack

Funny how topics start then suddenly theres a rat explosion. With the 4 days of heavy to moderatly heavy to down right biblical extreme downpours we are having (and its still coming down). My dogs have been having a field day with the rats coming onto our raised land from the low lying surrounding fields. Locals are also having a field day plentyfull supply of food for them.

Ps our land is free from  rubish bird seed ect but rats love fruit as well. So the poster who blames peoples dirty habits is  not all together correct. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Funny how topics start then suddenly theres a rat explosion. With the 4 days of heavy to moderatly heavy to down right biblical extreme downpours we are having (and its still coming down). My dogs have been having a field day with the rats coming onto our raised land from the low lying surrounding fields. Locals are also having a field day plentyfull supply of food for them.

Ps our land is free from  rubish bird seed ect but rats love fruit as well. So the poster who blames peoples dirty habits is  not all together correct. 

I've no idea what the rats eat where I live as there are so few people about, and consequently little rubbish - but there used to be one hell of a lot of them around.  I'd see them running across the patio roof girders during the evening and hear their 'parties' in the roof during the night!

A year or so ago (?) a few started coming into the kitchen during the night, which resulted in an 'entertaining' few weeks of trapping and releasing/ensuring no food available/trying to get every possible access point blocked.  The rat population then disappeared, and I could only assume that they'd been decimated by the rat snakes.

The population seems to be recovering again, as I've started seeing a few running down a patio roof girder to the garden during the evening - and have one in the house again.  Has to be said that the small rat in the house is providing better entertainment than the TV as he dashes out to grab kibble from the dog bowl and dashes back to cover - whilst the dogs sleep peacefully and don't even notice :laugh:.

No doubt the cycle will repeat - with the rat snakes 'moving in' to decimate the rats once the population grows too large.

22 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I don't have any babies or older children... but have lots of friends and family with babies and I don't know any which have been bitten by a rat.  I would not leave my children in your care if you let them get bitten by rats on a regular basis.

If you can't do much harm to a human with a home made gun... and you think the police should know... why don't you go to the police station and inform them about their ignorance?

As for rats attacking you chickens.... I can only assume you were not looking after your birds properly... they need a predator and vermin proof coop and run... and you should not have rats running about anyway, unless you have spilt feed and other garbage laying around you place.. which is also a sign of negligence. 

Lazy, dirty, messy people are the reason there are so many rats about.  Keep everything clean, tidy up, don't leave food and garbage everywhere, and you will have ZERO rats to worry about.  Surely that's easier, cheaper and less time consuming than going to the trouble of making home made guns and nailing live rats to wooden boards?

But, maybe it's less fun for you to get perverted pleasure our of shooting animals heads off and torturing them to a slow death? 

When I die all these killing & torture of animals (be they harmless or harmful animals) create bad karma. Karma is like small dust particles you cannot see. These bad karma particles all settle on me during the time I die and i won't have peace of mind. They bogged me down and I will reincarnated and appear on earth as an ugly animal.

You cannot run away from karma they follow you relentlessly . In my past life I had done bad things that's why today I have this BPD problems, it all boils down to karma.(BPD- borderline personality disorder).

Karma=action,  bad action and bad thoughts attract bad karma particles following you all the time. I must go find buddhist scripture read them and chant the holy script, eat only vegetarian foods to salvage my soul and have  wholesome kind thoughts of animals. No God punish me, I punish myself by my bad karma.

Edited by madusa
add word

2 minutes ago, madusa said:

When I die all these killing & torture of animals (be they harmless or harmful animals) create bad karma. Karma is like small dust particles you cannot see. These bad karma particles all settle on me during the time I die and i won't have peace of mind. They bogged me down and I will reincarnated and appear on earth as an ugly animal.

You cannot run away from karma they follow you relentlessly . In my past life I had done bad things that's why today I have this BPD problems, it all boils down to karma.(BPD- borderline personality disorder).

Karma=action,  bad action and thoughts attract bad karma particles following you all the time. I must go find buddhist scripture read them and chant the holy script, eat only vegetarian foods to salvage my soul and have  wholesome kind thoughts of animals. No God punish me, I punish myself by my bad karma.

I belive  the nut house is in Bangkok.

12 minutes ago, madusa said:

Hey jeab you think I have gone nut have you? BPD is a borderline case you could be nut one day and normal the next.

I have absolutley no idea what you are talking about sorry

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:19 AM, ResandePohm said:

Rat is good eating only if it is a rural rat from the rice fields. They are clean and not disease ridden like the urban rats living in the sewers. I have noticed that the rats here are much larger than the ones at home.

Big Thai Rat.jpg

a European rat.......

3478652506.jpg

34 minutes ago, madusa said:

Karma=action,  bad action and bad thoughts attract bad karma particles following you all the time. I must go find buddhist scripture read them and chant the holy script, eat only vegetarian foods to salvage my soul and have  wholesome kind thoughts of animals. No God punish me, I punish myself by my bad karma.

Madusa, here is more about karma....

post-26779-0-90598900-1404291491.jpg

15 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Madusa, here is more about karma....

post-26779-0-90598900-1404291491.jpg

No, it's never like that, because what the picture shows is like Kentucky Fried Chicken,  buy this you get this free, buy this you get this at 50 percent discount.

Karma is rather complicated. People come up with all kinds of imaginations about karma.

14 minutes ago, madusa said:

No, it's never like that, because what the picture shows is like Kentucky Fried Chicken,  buy this you get this free, buy this you get this at 50 percent discount.

Karma is rather complicated. People come up with all kinds of imaginations about karma.

Your right karma is complicated and hard work so i binned her. Problem then was beacuse i binned rubish i got more rats.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, connda said:

''What can be done about all the rats in Thailand?''

"What's this?"
You like!!!  Taste like chicken!!!

New Farang Food Menu

Kaow Dtom Nuu
Nuu Tawt

Pat Pak Ruam Nuu Rat Kaow

Nuu Satay
Bamii gap Nuu Dang
Luuk Chin Nuu

Delicious!!!  Arroy arroy!  

I don't like those outlandish recipes..... What is wrong with good old fashioned Rat - a - Touille?

iuOTCD5K5S.jpg