how to stop annoying AIS messages

Hardly get any, only alerts when my plan renews or I add money.

Got my TGF to tell them to stop messaging me with adverts perhaps 10 years ago, and have been on their website and done the same myself. Give it a go....

Providing you have someone who speaks and understands Thai then dial *137# and work your way through the various messages telling you which number to press, takes about 24 hrs to become fully active. I was getting 5-6 per day now 1 occasionally.

There's no need to phone anyone.  If you're using a SmartPhone, then you install the "My AIS" app from the play store if you're on 1-2-Call or AIS proper.  Loads of useful things on there and you can change most settings.  The app does start in Thai but simply look for the settings "Cog" on the left, click on that and the only thing in there is to select English as its language.  You can also get your free 15 GB of AIS cloud storage!

If you haven't got a smartphone or don't want another app, you can also use the free e-Service for the SIM card on a PC (or smartphone browser) by following this link:  https://eservice.ais.co.th/eServiceWeb/

Make sure that you click on "EN" to get English and then put your Thai phone number in (e.g. 09 1234 5678) to get an SMS OTP (One Time Password) sent to you.  Type that in and when the menu comes up, click on "Other services".  Then click on "SMS Preference/Cancellation"   Put a tick in "No Thanks" for messages from other providers, Privileges, New products and services and events and activities.  I changed language to English and put a "Yes" tick in "All SMS from AIS".  It stopped the flood of messages and messages I need to see are readable in English now.  It's all there ready for you to use.

Go or call any AIS office and get a code to dial in and "call".... that will do it for you. You can also get a code to receive all messages in English. In fact you can get a code to do many things.

2 hours ago, DiDiChok said:

There's no need to phone anyone.  If you're using a SmartPhone, then you install the "My AIS" app from the play store if you're on 1-2-Call or AIS proper.  Loads of useful things on there and you can change most settings.  The app does start in Thai but simply look for the settings "Cog" on the left, click on that and the only thing in there is to select English as its language.  You can also get your free 15 GB of AIS cloud storage!

If you haven't got a smartphone or don't want another app, you can also use the free e-Service for the SIM card on a PC (or smartphone browser) by following this link:  https://eservice.ais.co.th/eServiceWeb/

Make sure that you click on "EN" to get English and then put your Thai phone number in (e.g. 09 1234 5678) to get an SMS OTP (One Time Password) sent to you.  Type that in and when the menu comes up, click on "Other services".  Then click on "SMS Preference/Cancellation"   Put a tick in "No Thanks" for messages from other providers, Privileges, New products and services and events and activities.  I changed language to English and put a "Yes" tick in "All SMS from AIS".  It stopped the flood of messages and messages I need to see are readable in English now.  It's all there ready for you to use.

Easy and fast.  I'll find out in 24 hours if it worked.

3 hours ago, DiDiChok said:

Golden post, many thanks!

Just did my adjustments and also found out I can link my phone to my creditcard for bill payments.

That will be one less trip to the AIS store each month.

5 hours ago, al007 said:

go to their office    s   i   m   p   l   e

Much more simple to dial 1175, listen to instructions in English and press a couple of buttons. Only took me about half minute to do.

Archived