Video shows foreign-looking man robbing Singaporean tourists

webfact

Video shows foreign-looking man robbing Singaporean tourists
By The Nation

e776a0a2e2c25ef515e0fd685fc4c094.jpeg

PHUKET: -- A Phuket restaurant owner has sought the help of Facebook users to help locate a foreign-looking thief seen on CCTV footage stealing a bag from a Singaporean couple inside his business.

The restaurant owner, identified on Facebook as Tanaphat Nuansakul, on Wednesday posted on Facebook that the theft happened inside his Tu Kub Khao restaurant on Phang Nga road in Tambon Talad Yai in Phuket’s Mueang district a t 6.40pm.

Tanaphat said in the post that anyone seeing a foreign-looking man wearing a light yellow T-shirt and shorts and carrying a black backpack should alert police.

Tanaphat also posted a 1.43-minute video clip.

The clip showed a man coming into the restaurant and waiting for waiters to clear a table. He placed his own bag on a table and when he saw a couple talking to a waiter as they were paying their bill, he grabbed their bag and his own and left the restaurant.

Tanaphat told Thai Rath Online that the couple were Singapore tourists. He helped them file a complaint with police at the Muang Phuket police station as they reported that they had lost cash, credit cards and their passports.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30315600

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-18

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Never ever let your valuables out of your site, this sort of thing happens everywhere.

fasteddie you are right - particular care should be taken of the passports as these documents are vital for mobility in an out of the country.

Anybody traveling should have what is called a "tile" with you. It is a very small transmitter that will allow you to find anything. All cell phones will be tracking your item and letting you know exactly where it is...just like GPS map...go to Google and search "tile security" or "tile tracker"... 

17 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Never ever let your valuables out of your site, this sort of thing happens everywhere.

Agree it happens a lot and it does happen everywhere.

Years back I lost an expensive almost new camera from a compartment in a locked filing cabinet in my apartment in Bangkok and the key to the cabinet also missing.

I couldn't understand at all how it had happens until months later I bumped into a farang I thought was my best buddy from work with his Thai gf, he had been to my apartment many times.

We sat down to have a snack and his gf pulled an expensive camera out of her bag, my camera which I could prove because of a small scuff mark. Questions to the lady indicated it was a gift from bf and also indicated she knew nothing about it's origins.  

The lady went walking around and I accused the farang of stealing my camera and he admitted it, his excuse was that he wanted to make his gf happy.

He insisted he would reimburse me in several payments over the next few months. Never got one payment, end of friendship. And I became much more vigilant about my property.

That appears to be 100% opportunistic, better to steal the bag than feed his fat face.

These people are everywhere so be careful out there and look after your valuables.

17 hours ago, Tilacme said:

might want to clean the camera lense, close proximity but cannot even make out a face

Cameras are also always placed too high indoors. They should be just above eye level. Outdoors they need to be higher.