Request advice on alternatives to ThaiExpat and Expat Premium TVT

Delight

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Global providers don't use True money, so this is definitely a server inside Thailand.

Website appears to be hosted in Singapore, cannot comment on stream origins.

Obviously, if they are using True Money there is a Thai payment gateway which could be a risk point (for them).

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Website appears to be hosted in Singapore, cannot comment on stream origins.

Obviously, if they are using True Money there is a Thai payment gateway which could be a risk point (for them).

How do you even get on the website, because it ask me for login right away.

From their FB page it looks as if it was created less than 1 month ago.

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

How do you even get on the website, because it ask me for login right away.

From their FB page it looks as if it was created less than 1 month ago.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Open the spoiler and you have 10 minutes to live.

Spoiler

I didn't, I pinged it then did an IP lookup on the IP address that ping returned :smile:

• Like 1

Yes you have to create an account to move to a next stage

This website was recommended to me via a representative of ilike HD

He also advised that that site will finish at the end of this month

5 minutes ago, Delight said:

He also advised that that site will finish at the end of this month

That would worry me, shell 4.5 grand, end of the month where do you go to complain your streams have all vanished (along with the website)?

14 minutes ago, Crossy said:

That would worry me, shell 4.5 grand, end of the month where do you go to complain your streams have all vanished (along with the website)?

Same place where you can complain about loss associated with Thaiexpat Tv and Expat premium. No place I suspect

I lost Baht 10K

The representative of ilikeHD implied an affiliation with hdprime .tv

Maybe your money will be transferred

Edited by Delight
Spelling

1 minute ago, Delight said:

Same place where you can complain about loss associate with Thaiexpat Tv and Expat premium. No place I suspect

I lost Baht 10K

The representative of ilikeHD implied an affiliation with hdprime .tv

Maybe your money will be transferred

From your second post it became clear the IlikeHD is affiliated with this site, and knowing the person behind IlikeHD he has a history of transferring money.

Not to customers accounts though.

Just now, janclaes47 said:

From your second post it became clear the IlikeHD is affiliated with this site, and knowing the person behind IlikeHD he has a history of transferring money.

Not to customers accounts though.

Sad -very sad

My view is that the 10K Baht personal loss  that I suffered will not change my life

Not having UK TV will.

So hopefully hd prime.tv will be the suitable fix

At worst ,as things stand ,I can only lose a further 500 Baht

Rather suspect that my money is safe

• Like 1

Have been using iLIKEHD for a couple of years and a week ago was chatting to them and they transferred all my accounts VoD,Mod, etc over to hdprime . Has catchup 3 days for sky sports,  not sure if others have. So far so good. Live Tv ,VOD,MOD XXX  1month 570 baht

The recent censorship of my preferred TV suppliers has made me rethink how I get my TV delivered.

Like many of us I, initially tried to find a service that offered the same levels of quality, both in the pictures received and in the user friendly interface. Briefly, a free option for Freeview channels looked promising, before that too was shut down.

I then read about a service that offered more than I had before with regard to the number of channels, but the catch-up service is pretty unreliable and is poor to navigate through the programme. For watching live TV (primarily live rugby for me) it is pretty good, especially considering I'm now only paying 1/3 of my previous suppliers asked for.

This left me still needing a good source for 'catch up' TV and I thought back a few years to how I survived before, using torrents. There are a number of ways to set up your device (I'm using a mini PC for torrenting) to download your favourite shows automatically so they're waiting on the HDD in the morning. Due to our time zone the morning is the earliest I'd be able to watch a show broadcast in the evening, UK time, anyway. Best of all, it's better quality than streaming (except for Netflix which most are the same 1080 or sometimes lesser 720) and no buffering.

I hope this helps some others to realise that all is not lost and I'm happy to answer specific questions via PM if I can.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

16 hours ago, Delight said:

Sad -very sad

My view is that the 10K Baht personal loss  that I suffered will not change my life

Not having UK TV will.

So hopefully hd prime.tv will be the suitable fix

At worst ,as things stand ,I can only lose a further 500 Baht

Rather suspect that my money is safe

I certainly need a regular injection - CBEEBIES is essential, along with a few other bits n bobs - but I go for downloading through a private tracker (TVC) - use RSS to grab regular stuff. I prefer to keep the cost down to monthly internet and a little extra storage in my CoolerMaster box - the beauty being that, once it's down, it's available on every device in the house for as long as it's not deleted... 

Edited by ben2talk
grammar
  • Like 1

While I am trialling Pulse.Can you use HDprimetv through a Minix Box, which I had for Expat TV, if not best alternative please.

Best to ask Pulse. I just bought their box, plugged it in and connected it to my TV. PulseTV is internet TV for non-techies like me. But I'm they can advise you.

I would have thought that you can download the APK and use it on your Minix Android box the same as you did with Pulse or any other IPTV.

I have a few on my Minix Box.

BTW anyone know how you actually pay subscriptions to Pulse?

Edited by Phuket Man

On 2017-5-22 at 5:26 PM, Phuket Man said:

I would have thought that you can download the APK and use it on your Minix Android box the same as you did with Pulse or any other IPTV.

I have a few on my Minix Box.

BTW anyone know how you actually pay subscriptions to Pulse?

I paid last week by Visa Credit Card on their website when ordering subscriptiin. I think you can also use debit card.

5 hours ago, tugman said:

I paid last week by Visa Credit Card on their website when ordering subscriptiin. I think you can also use debit card.

I was given a Kasikorn Phuket accoun last week and told credit/

debit facility was not yet available,doesnt exactly inspire confidence as the service is down this morning

I was given a Kasikorn Phuket accoun last week and told credit/
debit facility was not yet available,doesnt exactly inspire confidence as the service is down this morning

There's a separate thread running, dedicated to PulseTV.

It's back up and running again now.

On 5/19/2017 at 9:08 PM, skippy121 said:

I know a much cheaper alternative that I have mentioned before but dont want to risk falling foul of the temp rules till it all calms down.

So all I am going to say is when I lived in Dubai I used this

https://goo.gl/coE0J4

Thank you so much, I won't say any more, other than it works fine in other countries! You've made my day.

On 5/20/2017 at 4:08 PM, skippy121 said:

Guys

you will need to be more creative when looking for new suppliers, no one is going to advertise openly that sell this is Thailand till it calms down.

Also most of them are probably busy moving the financial transactions for there products to banks and sites outside of thailand.

https://goo.gl/coE0J4

This guy is based in Dubai , I think, the system is good and he is offering a intro offer of 90 days for 1200 baht.

just dont sign any subs over 6 months in length , 

Just contacted him and he would not give me a free trial.

He won't be getting my money.

1 hour ago, Phuket Man said:

I think they are the same organisation as Thai Expat, and for obvious reasons don't give a trial to customers in Thailand.

By the way, I thought you were so happy with club-iptv, so why looking to spend more money for the same content?

I think they are the same organisation as Thai Expat, and for obvious reasons don't give a trial to customers in Thailand.

By the way, I thought you were so happy with club-iptv, so why looking to spend more money for the same content?

They advertise free trials and use a different system to ThaiExpat.tv

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

On 2017-5-24 at 11:27 AM, Phuket Man said:

he must have had period pains when you contacted him, I have sent loads of people his way and they all get a free trial,

try him again when he is not busy, mon or thurs

Like so many others I was disappointed to lose ThaiExpat TV, which had been giving good service for over two years.  Fortunately I only ever paid monthly so lost only a few Baht when it went t*ts up.  I have taken out a 380 Baht sub on HD Prime for their Live TV package and it isn't bad.  There is quite a lot of buffering, but it's manageable.  My main gripe is a lack of any programming information and - as many of you point out - virtually no catch up.  However, in the absence of Thai Expat TV this will do me for the time being and one can always look on the internet for most programme schedules.

3 hours ago, RodB said:

HDPrime has just shutdown indefinitely this afternoon.

And so will the others that take your money and are mentioned on this forum.

Do you guys really can't read between the lines?

Quickly move on to an alternative, as in another that will take your money, then close shop.

And so will the others that take your money and are mentioned on this forum.

Do you guys really can't read between the lines?

Quickly move on to an alternative, as in another that will take your money, then close shop.

I do hope you're wrong. My PulseTV is a post-Truevisions lifesaver for a technophobe like me!
  • Like 1