Request advice on alternatives to ThaiExpat and Expat Premium TVT

Delight

50 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I do hope you're wrong. My PulseTV is a post-Truevisions lifesaver for a technophobe like me!

BB, you are doing yourself and any others who have this service any favours by keep mentioning them by name. It only takes someone to read it, that shouldn't be reading it, if you get my drift. Careless talk cost lifes, remember crossys message a while back. My service from my provider is fine, and I think if I keep quiet about it, it has more chances of staying that way. This post is sent in good faith and is not in anyway a go at you.

BB, you are doing yourself and any others who have this service any favours by keep mentioning them by name. It only takes someone to read it, that shouldn't be reading it, if you get my drift. Careless talk cost lifes, remember crossys message a while back. My service from my provider is fine, and I think if I keep quiet about it, it has more chances of staying that way. This post is sent in good faith and is not in anyway a go at you.

You may be right, although there is already a separate thread running about this particular service, which has been allowed to run by the Mods. The staff of this company have assured me that it is legal. I'm reassured by this, even if I don't quite believe it.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You may be right, although there is already a separate thread running about this particular service, which has been allowed to run by the Mods. The staff of this company have assured me that it is legal. I'm reassured by this, even if I don't quite believe it.

I'm sure Niche Cars also assured their customers that the spend their millions on a legally imported super car.

If you would look just a little further you would know that it is impossible for this service to be legal.

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My provider also said that their service is legal, but this is the message they sent (part of)

Our offices and servers are located outside Asia but, the Data Centres our servers are located in, provide good connectivity anywhere in the world.

We would ask people not to recomend or publicise our service on online forums or social media within Thailand. If you like our service just tell your friends by Word of Mouth.

Up to you.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

I'm sure Niche Cars also assured their customers that the spend their millions on a legally imported super car.

If you would look just a little further you would know that it is impossible for this service to be legal.

As I said, I also believe that.  But as the service is, currently, continuing, I will be happy to be proved wrong!

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Mooner said:

I used them for a month. Had no issues.

I also tried them alongside Pulse and found them to be great. 7 day catch up and no buffering. My only concern is in paying money to a bank account without knowing if I will get what I paid for. I much prefer credit card/paypal or pays buy but this is not an option with them.

Hello all, although I joined Thai Visa years ago  I have not used the forums much, slap on the wrist for me. :)

I come to Thailand for a month at a time twice a year, November and February roughly.

For the past couple of years I have subscribed to Thai Expat TV each time for a month and I have found the product quality excellent for watching UK TV with hardly any buffering at all.

It was possible to watch Sky News etc virtually live, plus catch up on the good dramas as required.

So, as you can guess I am very down hearing that Thai Expat TV has been shut down, I always felt the service was very business like and had no problems at all.

I am not going to ask for recommendations etc at this stage as I will not arrive until November 1st, but it is my intention to use Thai Visa forums regularly and keep up to speed as my 3 other Thai forums have passed their sell by date.

Chok Dee.

• 7 months later...

Found this in Google Search and thought I would add my 2 cents. 

To answer a question about legality.....

The law may be different in Thailand and you are in their jurisdiction but you may have broken a law abroad from your original country. 
For example USA or UK.

Even when live streaming you are still downloading data as it is stored in a cache on your device before being played.

Of course, they don't normally go after the user. They normally go after the supplier as they can convict them for profiting from the proceeds of crime and often these people are not paying taxes too. 

Although some people, especially professionals in their industry, don't want to commit any crime of any description.

I watch some TV abroad on boxes, ETC, but the people doing the outward streaming are risking imprisonment back home.

Some channels are worse than others. For example, Sky Sports. However, the UK, for example, has made all copyrighted streaming illegal now.
There used to be a law that said it was ok if the stream was delayed so that shows on Live TV at that moment were OK to stream but the law has been updated to say that it is not OK to distribute streams that are copyrighted at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Any reason why Pulse costs 3 times more than Flawless? 

No idea and I haven't tried Flawless.  Pulse works well and is set up simply for technophobes like me!  As an ex-Truevisions Platinum subscriber, I think it's good value.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, longball53098 said:

Does PulseTV require a set top box or can a PC run the app they have. How many channels do they have and from where primarily? I looked at the web site and the channel list is not very extensive

Yes it works on a PC. They have lots of channels. All Uk and sports channels.

Also series and movies VOD.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, Mooner said:

Maybe cause you can use it on 4 devices at the same time

Sounds like a great promo. I always wanted to pay 3 times more to watch it on 4 different screens at same time.

I suppose really it is just a way to catch more money of the technophobes for a service that is no different.

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

Sounds like a great promo. I always wanted to pay 3 times more to watch it on 4 different screens at same time.

I suppose really it is just a way to catch more money of the technophobes for a service that is no different.

It's good when your wife wants to watch Thai TV, your son wants to watch Nick Junior and you want to watch the football!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

When you dont understand the idea but slate it anyway.

4 connections able to watch different things. Could share it with a neighbour.