Four taxi drivers face detention charge for their seizure of Uber car in Pattaya

snoop1130

The other day I opened the Uber app in front of a couple of taxi drivers,  just to see their reaction I showed them the app . I pretended I would order a car, and the driver used his phone and called someone, probably his "mafiaboss" and looked at me in a strange way , Needless to say I  left the scene in a hurry  .  

i very happy  baout Grab or UBer

in malaysia last time makes my life happy to not argue with taxis

in pattaya i not used taxis for long...

due to massiv overprcing

since uber use  uber , and not drive by my self drunk

a 12 km ride  , on pattaya theyasking 500 at night , where real meter price is less 200

uber is 180

i except a slight overprice of taxis like 300 but not a tripple pricing

so for the last 5 years txis had 0  from me in pattaya  ..except the 10 baht

since uber   all is ok here

On 5/19/2017 at 11:35 AM, terminatorchiangmai said:

Good the Uber driver pressed charges.

Hopefully these regular taxi drivers will stop now taking these honest Uber drivers and their passengers hostage.

Very well worth the 1000 baht fine.

These 'Uber' drivers are not honest. They are criminals operating outside the law, without proper licencing or insurance cover. Even though we place as much value on a Thai driving permit as toilet paper, it's a fact.

Grabtaxi is an alternative - same service, licenced drivers, and no problems about the meter...

2 hours ago, ben2talk said:

These 'Uber' drivers are not honest. They are criminals operating outside the law, without proper licencing or insurance cover. Even though we place as much value on a Thai driving permit as toilet paper, it's a fact.

Grabtaxi is an alternative - same service, licenced drivers, and no problems about the meter...

the UBER drivers in Thailand are the most honest transport people one can find in the country.

GRAB in Pattaya is controlled by the Mafia too, and charging almost the same prices. yeah no problems about the meter, because GRAB TAXI in Pattaya charges a FLAT rate and do not use the Meter as it is common at any other place in Asia.

And GRAB CAR ? They never show up actually.... which comes to no surprise, at the entire GRAB system in Pattaya is controlled by the Mafia and they have no interest to let people use the slightly cheaper GRAB CAR system. It is all from my own personal experience.

UBER UBER UBER ALLES !!!

3 hours ago, THAILIBAN said:

the UBER drivers in Thailand are the most honest transport people one can find in the country.

GRAB in Pattaya is controlled by the Mafia too, and charging almost the same prices. yeah no problems about the meter, because GRAB TAXI in Pattaya charges a FLAT rate and do not use the Meter as it is common at any other place in Asia.

And GRAB CAR ? They never show up actually.... which comes to no surprise, at the entire GRAB system in Pattaya is controlled by the Mafia and they have no interest to let people use the slightly cheaper GRAB CAR system. It is all from my own personal experience.

UBER UBER UBER ALLES !!!

The UBER driver I got scared me - something that hasn't happened for a few years before using Taxis.

Sorry - I was unaware that Pattaya is different. The mobile app should give you the price - and that's what you should pay. I thought that was the whole point of Grab and Uber. I guess it's not much of a surprise - the times I visit Pattaya I don't feel free or safe as I do in Bangkok and find the police are much more severe when they do roadblocks whilst still not managing to catch any bad drivers (as it might seem rather impolite maybe).

I never actually see taxis around when I visit there... My experience with Grab in Bangkok is that the App sets the price. I know that in Bangkok, when you do Grabtaxi the only problem you might have is the driver calling back asking you if you can cancel the ride... something Grab needs to deal with.

Edited by ben2talk

I generally hire limousine services these days, where possible, as I know exactly what I'm getting, i.e. clean and spacious car, air-con, no surprises, plenty of boot space and Easy Pass invariably included in the price when in BKK.  More expensive?  Who knows.