NCPO: Our biggest achievement is peace

webfact

56 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

but the thugs are running amok without fear of prosecution... 

:passifier:

There are thugs are there are real thugs. I will take the ones in green shirts any day, they aren't killing as many people, nor propping up a Shinawatra criminal conspiracy pretending to be a government.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, halloween said:

Well, yes. That's how it works in a civilised society. Which is a better situation than thugs being allowed to run amok without fear of prosecution.

I agree, amazing how Suthep and his thugs got away with it, the right contacts perhaps?

But only if you feel that protesting is not an expression of a peaceful society. And that is the catch - the elite see social unrest as a sign of conflict (perhaps they feel threatened) as opposed to an opportunity for discourse to address social issues that need addressing. 

Not just social unrest. As the OP makes clear, having a different opinion is something that is being actively opposed by the current regime.

There are thugs are there are real thugs.

I don't think it's fair for you to call the Yellow Shirts, and Orange-clad militia "Thugs". Only they (along with the Army) know what's best for Thailand, and if they have to exercise unlawful activity to force their ways on the masses then so be it. They've been doing it repeatedly for 70-ish years so they must be right.

48 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The country was pretty civilised and normal during the Bangkok shutdown. Were there thugs running amok or uncontrollable mobs raging through the cities or countryside; the blood was not running in the streets; there was no destruction of buildings or homes; there was no rioting or looting; the government, courts, medical establishments were kept open for business and functioning adequately; telecommunications, social media facilities were active and normal. Protests not widespread but confined to limited areas in Bangkok. Rest of Bangkok and the upcountry continue life as normal and the Bangkok famed traffic was just as horrific as usual. Pretty civilized to me and my company was functioning without disruption. Still they stage a coup claiming to bring peace. Baloney, I say. Matters were worse in 2009 and no coup. Because the chosen one was PM then?

I'm so glad it wasn't members of you family murdered by the red shirt thugs. Their family members possibly remember it differently. I'm OK Jack?

"..... killed in the country's recent political unrest, which has claimed at least 20 lives and injured more than 700 since November. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/thailand-political-violence-leaves-3-children-dead/

13 minutes ago, halloween said:

There are thugs are there are real thugs. I will take the ones in green shirts any day, they aren't killing as many people, nor propping up a Shinawatra criminal conspiracy pretending to be a government.

It takes real thugs to rule by suppression.  Regarding a criminal conspiracy pretending to be a government, that's why the first order of business of the junta was to grant themselves pardons.

4 minutes ago, halloween said:

I'm so glad it wasn't members of you family murdered by the red shirt thugs. Their family members possibly remember it differently. I'm OK Jack?

"..... killed in the country's recent political unrest, which has claimed at least 20 lives and injured more than 700 since November. "

And of course there was not way to prevent the violence other than a coup. Well, I suppose the military could have made it clear that they supported democracy and there would be no coup, taking all the wind out of Suthep and his minions.  Or the military could have helped ensure elections.  Or the military could have let the protests die of apathy, which they were well on there way to doing.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

And of course, all those who claim the military and Suthep colluded to make Bangkok ungovernable to justify the coup are just crazy conspiracy theorists.

No . everybody knows that Military and Suthep collided to justify the coup.

32 minutes ago, halloween said:

Thaksin was narrow-minded merely trying to get influence through elections, trying to get amnesty by votes in parliament, trying to circumvent laws written to by others, etc....

The real guys take power by force, cancel elections when they feel their political faction will not win, grant themselves amnesty and design laws in a way that is beneficial to them..

Edited by candide

Admit it, your conspiracy theory sucks. How do you secretly intimidate thousands of survey respondents and keep it a secret?

You're the one who raised the idea of a conspiracy theory, youre the one talkling about secrets.

There is no secret. Everyone knows what might happen if you give the wrong answer.

Admit it, the claims of popular approval, and enthusiasm for their "success" are based on their interpretation of surveys they commissioned.

And of course there was not way to prevent the violence other than a coup. Well, I suppose the military could have made it clear that they supported democracy and there would be no coup, taking all the wind out of Suthep and his minions.  Or the military could have helped ensure elections.  Or the military could have let the protests die of apathy, which they were well on there way to doing.

So many inconvenient truths eh?

47 minutes ago, halloween said:

Feel sorry for those who lost their lives taking part in the demonstration. What disturbed me most is the wanton and reckless shooting of foreign journalists, nurses, activists and the overwhelming fatalities of civilians in the hands of the military who swear by oath to protect their own people and the cowardice in granting themselves an amnesty.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He stressed that the NCPO’s reconciliation process have decreased political conflicts or difference of opinions within a time frame, said the spokesman. 

Oh I think I am going to be sick. With article 44 and the LM and computer crimes act the masses are truly silenced. Reconciliation hm yes under their terms and conditions. There is no difference of opinion only their opinion. Smelling salts please 

5 hours ago, wump said:

Democracy will never work if people sell their votes for a measly 500 Baht. It's not like a lot of people are going to bed hungry in this country. Merely shows that a lot of people don't care about the fate of it.

You have opened the door to a good idea lets take a hunger poll. Being hungry rather blocks the idea of caring about fate and many other of life's pleasures. Your right Democracy will never work as it is not nurtured or allow to grow. Its similar to a plant

1 hour ago, halloween said:

I like this part of your avatar 

• Raised on BS, can smell it a mile away

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

I agree, amazing how Suthep and his thugs got away with it, the right contacts perhaps?

You must have played in an orchestra a one time. You recognize the leader, the brass, the fiddle, trumpet etc.

Edited by elgordo38

1 hour ago, halloween said:

No treat for you. Time for you to peel back the layers of the onion that rules now. 

Edited by elgordo38

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Whatever they may have achieved, and I dispute some of their claims, it has not been worth it. Bad Government. Freedom of speech and Democracy are what people need and want.

People also want a robust fair equal justice system, free of favor, corruption and undue influence; and a society in which wealth, connection, political rank and hierarchy, do not put people above and beyond the law.

Might as well whistle Dixie.

46 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Feel sorry for those who lost their lives taking part in the demonstration. What disturbed me most is the wanton and reckless shooting of foreign journalists, nurses, activists and the overwhelming fatalities of civilians in the hands of the military who swear by oath to protect their own people and the cowardice in granting themselves an amnesty.

Whilst those deaths were extremely regrettable, whoever caused the shooting and took part, no one would have died had the deal accepted by the Red Shirt leaders not been suddenly rejected. Presumably their boss didn't want a peaceful solution and getting his thugs to fire grenades at a BTS station certainly provoked things. Seems some hiso rich families regard the peasants as expendable pawns.

What disturbed me most is innocent children being killed by indiscriminate grenade throwing, and then PTP politicians, red shirt leaders and those attending their rally applauding and cheering when the news was announced. Something very very wrong with those people. And I doubt very much that they really give a rat's arse about democracy, "the people" or justice.

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Whilst those deaths were extremely regrettable, whoever caused the shooting and took part, no one would have died had the deal accepted by the Red Shirt leaders not been suddenly rejected. Presumably their boss didn't want a peaceful solution and getting his thugs to fire grenades at a BTS station certainly provoked things. Seems some hiso rich families regard the peasants as expendable pawns.

What disturbed me most is innocent children being killed by indiscriminate grenade throwing, and then PTP politicians, red shirt leaders and those attending their rally applauding and cheering when the news was announced. Something very very wrong with those people. And I doubt very much that they really give a rat's arse about democracy, "the people" or justice.

Ahbisit could have stepped down and hold an early election and there will be no hired thugs throwing grenades or civilians gunned down ruthlessly by snipers and soldiers. 

Now who were responsible for the Trat shooting now that the court acquitted the accused. You know? 

Agreed that it was wrong for red shirts to cheer and was rightfully reprimanded by the leaders and by Yingluck. That contradict your assumption that don't care. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Ahbisit could have stepped down and hold an early election and there will be no hired thugs throwing grenades or civilians gunned down ruthlessly by snipers and soldiers. 

Now who were responsible for the Trat shooting now that the court acquitted the accused. You know? 

Agreed that it was wrong for red shirts to cheer and was rightfully reprimanded by the leaders and by Yingluck. That contradict your assumption that don't care. 

So you think it's ok for the Shins to force a government out so they can hold an election because they're confident of winning, by whatever means? And it's ok for a convicted crook on the run to address rioters by video link from his bolt hole? He egged them on, promising to be "shoulder to shoulder" when the first shots were fired. Only he had a prior shopping trip to Paris. How convenient.

Who was responsible for the 3k plus murders in the war on drugs? Who was responsible for the murders of many Muslim men through suffocation while be transported? Remember who instigated the war on drugs and whose watch these occurred on?

Who reprimanded them? Only after some very bad publicity did Yingluck, after 2 or 3 days, come out with a bland sort of reprimand. Do you remember the articles questioning why she remained silent? Some were put on TVF. If you think she cared two figs then your're living in a dream world. All she cared about at the time was hanging on until dear brother's dubious amnesty was rigged.

13 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So you think it's ok for the Shins to force a government out so they can hold an election because they're confident of winning, by whatever means? And it's ok for a convicted crook on the run to address rioters by video link from his bolt hole? He egged them on, promising to be "shoulder to shoulder" when the first shots were fired. Only he had a prior shopping trip to Paris. How convenient.

Who was responsible for the 3k plus murders in the war on drugs? Who was responsible for the murders of many Muslim men through suffocation while be transported? Remember who instigated the war on drugs and whose watch these occurred on?

Who reprimanded them? Only after some very bad publicity did Yingluck, after 2 or 3 days, come out with a bland sort of reprimand. Do you remember the articles questioning why she remained silent? Some were put on TVF. If you think she cared two figs then your're living in a dream world. All she cared about at the time was hanging on until dear brother's dubious amnesty was rigged.

What a Kellyanne Conway off tangient diversion. Shopping in Paris and the old chestnut war on drugs !!! What that got to do with my post? 

36 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So you think it's ok for Suthep and his minions to obstruct an election using violence and intimidation because they're confident they won't win?