NCPO: Our biggest achievement is peace

webfact

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

So you think it's ok for the Shins to force a government out so they can hold an election because they're confident of winning, by whatever means? And it's ok for a convicted crook on the run to address rioters by video link from his bolt hole? He egged them on, promising to be "shoulder to shoulder" when the first shots were fired. Only he had a prior shopping trip to Paris. How convenient.

Who was responsible for the 3k plus murders in the war on drugs? Who was responsible for the murders of many Muslim men through suffocation while be transported? Remember who instigated the war on drugs and whose watch these occurred on?

Who reprimanded them? Only after some very bad publicity did Yingluck, after 2 or 3 days, come out with a bland sort of reprimand. Do you remember the articles questioning why she remained silent? Some were put on TVF. If you think she cared two figs then your're living in a dream world. All she cared about at the time was hanging on until dear brother's dubious amnesty was rigged.

yes - democracy even a patronage third world version is a messy business involving compromise ,horse trading and dubious methods. It's the stage of a birth of nation that you need to go through if you want to grow as a nation and take your rightful place in the world. These clowns hold the country back with menace , thwart hope and operate purely in their own interests.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

What about all those missing reforms??!!

Well, they wrote a constitution that neuters any future semi-elected governments, had it approved in a sham referendum, changed it after it had been 'approved', and are now talking about elections next year (they've been talking about elections 'next year' since the coup).

Does that count as 'reform'?

Before I came to Thailand there were a couple of things I knew about the place. The first is that it had beautiful women (as does all south east Asia) and second it had a terrible history of the "authorities" murdering Thailand people by the hundred if not the thousand.

Look back through the history of Thailand and you will see just how democracy - as we know it in the west - has been deliberately and ruthlessly suppressed down the years.

Isan had very little T Shin got in power. Where there were buffaloes there came tractors; where there was no running water there was water on tap; where the roads were impassable there was maintenance. A decent school system was put in place. People were made to feel they had a voice. Unlike ever before!

The war on drugs was with the people's approval. Virtually every village was over run by druggies.

Suthep  had said a couple of times that he had discussed "things" with C-o-Ch. The whole recent thing was a stitch up from the army generals through to the courts.

I refrain from saying more as I feel this post might be deleted as it is.

The truth is out there people; seek and you will find.

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Before I came to Thailand there were a couple of things I knew about the place. The first is that it had beautiful women (as does all south east Asia) and second it had a terrible history of the "authorities" murdering Thailand people by the hundred if not the thousand.

Look back through the history of Thailand and you will see just how democracy - as we know it in the west - has been deliberately and ruthlessly suppressed down the years.

Isan had very little T Shin got in power. Where there were buffaloes there came tractors; where there was no running water there was water on tap; where the roads were impassable there was maintenance. A decent school system was put in place. People were made to feel they had a voice. Unlike ever before!

The war on drugs was with the people's approval. Virtually every village was over run by druggies.

Suthep  had said a couple of times that he had discussed "things" with C-o-Ch. The whole recent thing was a stitch up from the army generals through to the courts.

I refrain from saying more as I feel this post might be deleted as it is.

The truth is out there people; seek and you will find.

You missed out it's role as a runway so the US could bomb SE Asia back to the stone age (that worked didn't it) a place where the tired GI's could forget their misery for a few days in that umwinnable war and a military class the US stuffed with cash. Add Disneyesque 'fairy story'  historical spin to garnish the witches brew and voila we have Amazing Thailand - amazing indeed and testament that you can fool most of the people most of the time and shoot the ones you can't !

You wish....Under the blanket the fire is burning. Thailand is neither united nor there is peace. In the South bombings are increasing but the Press is not allowed to write about. Young students are opposing the so called government. Freedom is still missing. Unless you can't say what you want there will be no reconciliation.

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Feel sorry for those who lost their lives taking part in the demonstration. What disturbed me most is the wanton and reckless shooting of foreign journalists, nurses, activists and the overwhelming fatalities of civilians in the hands of the military who swear by oath to protect their own people and the cowardice in granting themselves an amnesty.

Quick Eric, let's change the subject back 4 years. Pathetic.

7 hours ago, halloween said:

Admit it, your conspiracy theory sucks. How do you secretly intimidate thousands of survey respondents and keep it a secret?

You don't know much about surveys, do you (retorical question).

Admit it, your urge to defend the junta against even a hint of criticism sucks.

I mean, come on! Even you should blush when some of the more otherworldly "survey" results are published.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Why? You can't defend the topic? I feel sorry for you that most posters think you are a joke. 

You posted that everything was fine in 2014, and I produced evidence to the contrary. Your response was to cite events of 2010.

If you think it was funny that people were being killed in 2014, you have a moral deficiency. Actually your constant defence of the Shinawatras, their failed policies and corruption made that evident some time ago.

14 minutes ago, halloween said:

You posted that everything was fine in 2014, and I produced evidence to the contrary. Your response was to cite events of 2010.

If you think it was funny that people were being killed in 2014, you have a moral deficiency. Actually your constant defence of the Shinawatras, their failed policies and corruption made that evident some time ago.

Those are not evidence but pathetic and embarrassing excuses from you kissing up to the military seizing power. 

Accomplishment: Nasty old plaque replaced with shiny new one.

Not sure if this qualifies as an accomplishment?

POLICE ARREST PARENTS OF 2010 TEMPLE SHOOTING VICTIMS

BANGKOK— Eight people were taken into police custody Friday at a downtown Bangkok temple after they staged a mime performance in memory of six people killed there in 2010.

Parents of those killed May 19, 2010, during a crackdown on Redshirt protesters were among the performers taken to the Pathum Wan Police Station at about 3pm after they finished their performance inside Wat Pathum Wanaram.

“Police were trying to say it was a political assembly,” said student protest leader Sirawith “Ja New” Seritiwat, who was among those arrested and still waiting at Pathum Wan Police Station as of 5pm.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/05/19/police-arrest-parents-2010-temple-shooting-victims/

Accomplishment:

Three, count 'em, three Constitutions:

Interim, with extra Article 44 on top (bonus points awarded)

Attempt #1 - oops, give yourself a passing grade for 'effort'

Attempt #3 - mission accomplished

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Throughout modern history, there have bee a few cases of so called benevolent dictators.  Rare, but it has happened. 

Benevolent dictators and their underlings (especially their underlings) have a habitof stopping being benevolent when a serious challenge to their power arises.

Watch this space, sadly I'm sure that is how t will end here...

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You missed out it's role as a runway so the US could bomb SE Asia back to the stone age (that worked didn't it) a place where the tired GI's could forget their misery for a few days in that umwinnable war and a military class the US stuffed with cash. Add Disneyesque 'fairy story'  historical spin to garnish the witches brew and voila we have Amazing Thailand - amazing indeed and testament that you can fool most of the people most of the time and shoot the ones you can't !

Yes sir how right you are!! I am always aware that posts can be too long. I didn't want to write an essay so I put things down for a comfortable read. That inevitably means omitting copy.

Of course you are correct about Thailand allowing the US to use as a launch pad. but this goes hand-in-hand with the Thai thinking then and now. You have to read between the lines here, but the US trying to halt communism! Why was the Thai gov so willing to comply?

I lived in north Isan for some years and there is a BIG incidence of deformed children there. All that 'agent orange' (and other deadly stuff) had/has a huge effect on the populous within range. That chemical was stored in Udon Thani among other places by the way. Might still be there!!?? 

There was also the fact that UK took control of Thailand after WW2. We needed money and the US lent on us not to pursue the conquered 'cause they wanted to use Thailand for their own ends. Part of the 'war loan deals'!! The UK gave the Thais their freedom for 2 million tons of rice.

It is with credit that TVisa is allowing this discussion. Although we are all aware that too much truth is not a good thing in Thailand.

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

Whatever they may delude themselves into thinking they have achieved, it cannot last.

In true Tragedian style the means with which they have achieved (and with which they seek to maintain) the acquiescence that they refer to as "peace" ensure that.

They have, once again, merely "sown the wind".

Edited by Enoon

20 hours ago, halloween said:

Well, yes. That's how it works in a civilised society. Which is a better situation than thugs being allowed to run amok without fear of prosecution.

At least with thugs you know they are scum and as for being allowed to run amok without fear of prosecution.

Have you read TV in the last 24hrs?

it happening in front of your eyes

Is this civilised, not in most country's I want to visit in the world.

hang on some one just cut a hole in my motor bike seat, what is this guy up to as I think he is trying to rape my motorbike, must go.

But the people behind the the NCPO were the ones sponsoring the last round of conflict! Of course it's quite peaceful now, how couldn't it be? The NCPO backers' goons have been put back in their box, and their opponents' goons are being heavily suppressed, along with most of the rest of the population.

17 hours ago, halloween said:

Everything was fine in 2013, it only stopped being fine when a minority of the population, led publicly by the criminal godfather of the south and backed privately by the old establishment decided to break multiple laws by taking to the streets to wreak havoc and violence against the Thai people and the Thai economy.

Thailand has a history of its citizens being slain the streets and anyone with an ounce of sense knows where the fault lies (from 1976 onwards). Those that don't are allowing their prejudices and bigotry (and I dare say a healthy dose of self hatred and feelings of inadequacy and personal failure) cloud their views.

The Shinawatra's are not devils incarnate, only the bozos who drink the Junta Kool Aid believe this. The fact that they are far from perfect but still preferred by a super-majority of Thais over their opponents tells you everything you need to know about the forces aligned against democracy in this land.

Moral deficiency indeed!