Nonthaburi official arrested for alleged sex with minor

webfact

Nonthaburi official arrested for alleged sex with minor

By The Nation

acf9f8058e487512d92474e4d6269d5c-sld.jpe

BANGKOK: -- A Nonthaburi tambon official has been charged in connection with the Mae Hong Son forced-prostitution scandal.

Chuchat Poungchin, a member of the Tambon Ban Mai Administrative Organisation in Nonthaburi’s Bang Yai district, was arrested on Friday for allegedly buying sexual services from a minor involved in a prostitution ring in the northern province. Several prominent figures have been implicated in the scandal.

Chuchat was arrested in Bang Yai at 9am by investigators from Provincial Police Region 5 who were accompanied by deputy national police chief Srivara Ransibrahmanakul and local officers.

Investigators said Chuchat confessed to paying for sex with a minor, but denied ever drunkenly claiming to be the governor of Mae Hong Son.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315671

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-19

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

confessed to paying for sex with a minor, but denied ever drunkenly claiming to be the governor of Mae Hong Son.

I'm honestly not sure which would carry the harsher punishment here.

Engaging in child prostitution.

Or claiming to hold a government position higher up than you.

From his admission, I suspect the latter. 

5 minutes ago, DLang said:

Maybe he just does not want that governor to escape free. Because if he admits this.. the governor can say that he was never there but someone impersonating him. That is my take on it.. could be wrong. 

This is not a prostitution ring if the girls are underage. It's a 'paedophile ring'. Having sex with children doesn't only make you a paedophile - it also makes you a rapist. This is absolutely abhorrent behaviour by people who absolutely should know better. This is a national scandal.

If the people entrusted to bring the perpetrators to justice are not doing their jobs and are not being held accountable, the whole country should hang its head in shame. 

Edited by rkidlad

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

They figured their "hi-so" positions would protect them.

In those circles it is not done to get caught or confess to any crime simply because of implicating others from those circles.

Hence, your mistake is having been caught, not that you have done it.

A lot of egg is now being spread on a lot of people.

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

This is not a prostitution ring if the girls are underage. It's a 'paedophile ring'. Having sex with children doesn't only make you a paedophile - it also makes you a rapist. This is absolutely abhorrent behaviour by people who absolutely should know better. This is a national scandal.

If the people entrusted to bring the perpetrators to justice are not doing their jobs and are not being held accountable, the whole country should hang its head in shame. 

It is still a prostitution ring, it is not paedophilia unless the girls are prepubescent, and the offence is Statutory rape - an offence which can be committed by consenting partners. Other than that, I agree.

Laughing here Omg This guy is small fish compared the big boys at the top He was accused of impersonating  the governor W hat a lot of rubbish the police made up He does not even look like the governor Here we go folks watch this space The Governor will walk free because this guy is going to take the wrap Corruption in full swing  folks

6 hours ago, DLang said:

RIGHT ON THE MONEY DLang...!

2 hours ago, halloween said:

It is still a prostitution ring, it is not paedophilia unless the girls are prepubescent, and the offence is Statutory rape - an offence which can be committed by consenting partners. Other than that, I agree.

The UN's definition of a child is anyone under 18. Some countries define a child as under 16. I've taught 15 year old Thai kids and they're definitely children. If two 15 year olds have sex, that's up to them. But a 15 year old being sold to adults for sex, that's paedophilia. No 15 year old girl wants sex with some middle aged man. Even if she did, it wouldn't be for the same reason they'd have sex with a fellow 15 year old. It's a paedophile ring and should be severely condemned as such. 

Yes, statutory rape. A 15 year old girl being sold to adults for sex is rape. She's not old enough to be able to make an informed enough decision in this context. 

There are plenty of women out there to have sex with. I don't understand why people feel the need to test the boundaries. The definition of a paedophile is someone who is sexually interested in 'children'. 

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Sorry, but you are so wrong. A pedophile is described as a person who has sexual action with a child generally prepubescent, I believe that the age is considered as 12 years old.I dont remember in this topic any of the girls being aged as under 12. These men are guilty of sex with a girl under the legal age of the country concerned. All you people who know nothing about this subject, always yell "pedophile" when i was 16/17 i was having sex with girls of 15 up.Does that make me a Pedo? What about the guy, say 22, who goes to a club and and picks up a girl who tells him she is 19. Takes her home, and the next day the mother is banging on his door shouting that she only 15. Guy goes to court, girl turns up in School uniform, no make up. There are now cases where the sensible judge, in this day and age tells the parents to bring the girl to court, in the clothes she wore that night.You want to be very careful, yelling "pedo" when you are not in full possession of the true facts. There is a vast difference between Pedophilia, and under age sex. Neither are palatable, but they are vastly different.

54 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Sorry, but you are so wrong. A pedophile is described as a person who has sexual action with a child generally prepubescent, I believe that the age is considered as 12 years old.I dont remember in this topic any of the girls being aged as under 12. These men are guilty of sex with a girl under the legal age of the country concerned. All you people who know nothing about this subject, always yell "pedophile" when i was 16/17 i was having sex with girls of 15 up.Does that make me a Pedo? What about the guy, say 22, who goes to a club and and picks up a girl who tells him she is 19. Takes her home, and the next day the mother is banging on his door shouting that she only 15. Guy goes to court, girl turns up in School uniform, no make up. There are now cases where the sensible judge, in this day and age tells the parents to bring the girl to court, in the clothes she wore that night.You want to be very careful, yelling "pedo" when you are not in full possession of the true facts. There is a vast difference between Pedophilia, and under age sex. Neither are palatable, but they are vastly different.

An underage person who has sex with an underage girl is not a 'pedo'. A 20 year old who sleeps with a girl from a nightclub who says she's 19 but is 15 is not a 'pedo'. We can't always tell people's ages. 

If you see a girl who you know is 15 and you find yourself being aroused, then yes, you have a problem. If you've ever had kids or worked with them, you'll know why. 

Like I said in a secondary post - there are plenty of women out there. Let kids be kids. When I was 15, I thought I was madly in love and never wanted to leave my small town in the south of England. As I got older, I realised that when I was 15, I didn't know <deleted> all. 

44 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

An underage person who has sex with an underage girl is not a 'pedo'. A 20 year old who sleeps with a girl from a nightclub who says she's 19 but is 15 is not a 'pedo'. We can't always tell people's ages. 

If you see a girl who you know is 15 and you find yourself being aroused, then yes, you have a problem. If you've ever had kids or worked with them, you'll know why. 

Like I said in a secondary post - there are plenty of women out there. Let kids be kids. When I was 15, I thought I was madly in love and never wanted to leave my small town in the south of England. As I got older, I realised that when I was 15, I didn't know <deleted> all. 

No, a person over the age of consent who has sex with an underage girl is guilty of underage sex. A person who has sex with a prepubescent child  is a pedophile. A man who stands outside junior schools playing grounds harbouring sexual intention is a pedophile. A man who watches high school girls playing net ball,with the same intentions  is a man who has a predilection for young girls, but is not necessarily a pedophile.Pedophilia can also be extended to very young girls who are prepubescent or are mentally unable to consent to the sexual activity either forced upon them or that they joined in, seemingly willingly, because they were unable to understand the act that they were participating in.

As for me having kids!. i was the single parent to my daughter for 13 years,Having no help at all. I am fully aware of the dangers of peculiar men, watching from outside the wire fence.

Your comment about "if you see a 15 year old girl and find yourself getting aroused,then you have a problem" is complete balderdash, some 15 year old's can be very grown up for their ages and full aware of the effect they can have on older men.Have you ever stood out side the entrance to a secondary school and seen the 14/18 year olds coming out of the gates with their hastily administered make up and having mad 'adjustments' to their uniform? I dont know what planet you live on, but you are making accusations in entirely the wrong direction.

3 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

No, a person over the age of consent who has sex with an underage girl is guilty of underage sex. A person who has sex with a prepubescent child  is a pedophile. A man who stands outside junior schools playing grounds harbouring sexual intention is a pedophile. A man who watches high school girls playing net ball,with the same intentions  is a man who has a predilection for young girls, but is not necessarily a pedophile.Pedophilia can also be extended to very young girls who are prepubescent or are mentally unable to consent to the sexual activity either forced upon them or that they joined in, seemingly willingly, because they were unable to understand the act that they were participating in.

As for me having kids!. i was the single parent to my daughter for 13 years,Having no help at all. I am fully aware of the dangers of peculiar men, watching from outside the wire fence.

Your comment about "if you see a 15 year old girl and find yourself getting aroused,then you have a problem" is complete balderdash, some 15 year old's can be very grown up for their ages and full aware of the effect they can have on older men.Have you ever stood out side the entrance to a secondary school and seen the 14/18 year olds coming out of the gates with their hastily administered make up and having mad 'adjustments' to their uniform? I dont know what planet you live on, but you are making accusations in entirely the wrong direction.

"if you see a 15 year old girl and find yourself getting aroused,then you have a problem" is complete balderdash"

Like I said, if you've had kids or worked with them, you'll know why. 

If you know someone is underage, don't go there. There's no reason to be arguing nuances. It's a very simple and moral premise. 

You have your opinions and I have mine. 

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

"if you see a 15 year old girl and find yourself getting aroused,then you have a problem" is complete balderdash"

Like I said, if you've had kids or worked with them, you'll know why. 

If you know someone is underage, don't go there. There's no reason to be arguing nuances. It's a very simple and moral premise. 

You have your opinions and I have mine. 

You are so completely out of touch with this argument, that your comments are now reversing your original post. If you are working with kids and are unaware of the simple facts, then i question your ability to do your job. I would worry about your ethics if you were responsible for a child of mine.You need to google some facts and you need to step into the 21st century.Morals are useless when a child is attacked.Your comment about, if you know a child is underage, dont go there. How would you know if some one is under age unless you are familiar with them. This is the reason that these kids get raped/assaulted, because the perp has no idea or interest of their age, its the vision that they see, and the power of control over them. Did you not know that many rapes are not sex crimes, but crimes of power? Where have you been man?

3 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

You are so completely out of touch with this argument, that your comments are now reversing your original post. If you are working with kids and are unaware of the simple facts, then i question your ability to do your job. I would worry about your ethics if you were responsible for a child of mine.You need to google some facts and you need to step into the 21st century.Morals are useless when a child is attacked.Your comment about, if you know a child is underage, dont go there. How would you know if some one is under age unless you are familiar with them. This is the reason that these kids get raped/assaulted, because the perp has no idea or interest of their age, its the vision that they see, and the power of control over them. Did you not know that many rapes are not sex crimes, but crimes of power? Where have you been man?

Again, it's very simple. If you 'know' they're underage, don't go there. This couldn't be more simple. 

If you see a girl and think "she looks young but could well be of a legal age" don't go there. Why would you? 

I really don't know why you feel the need to argue the nuances of having sex with girls that may or may not be legal. 

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Again, it's very simple. If you 'know' they're underage, don't go there. This couldn't be more simple. 

If you see a girl and think "she looks young but could well be of a legal age" don't go there. Why would you? 

I really don't know why you feel the need to argue the nuances of having sex with girls that may or may not be legal. 

This is a simple case of trying to reverse the loss of an argument that has already seen you losing. You try to use little comments about why i would feel the need to argue the nuances of having sex with girls that may or may not be legal.That makes me think that either you have posted facts that you have drawn out of a hat, without understanding their contents,or have met your match in someone who is able to argue with you and has more of an understanding of real life than you do.

Let me remind you, my forgetful foe, that it was you who mistakenly called This group of men Pedophiles, having absolutely no knowledge of the meaning of the word. Not me. It was you who remarked about feeling aroused over a 15 year old girl, not me. There are vast holes in your posts, big enough to sink the Titanic.

I think i understand why you are doing this, and i am suspicious about your reasons. I therefore suggest that we do not continue this conversation. I would also suggest that next time you read up on a subject before you post about it.I dont know if you are knowledgeable of "the parting shot" or how it got its name

but i will not let you have it. Continue on if you wish.

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

This is a simple case of trying to reverse the loss of an argument that has already seen you losing. You try to use little comments about why i would feel the need to argue the nuances of having sex with girls that may or may not be legal.That makes me think that either you have posted facts that you have drawn out of a hat, without understanding their contents,or have met your match in someone who is able to argue with you and has more of an understanding of real life than you do.

Let me remind you, my forgetful foe, that it was you who mistakenly called This group of men Pedophiles, having absolutely no knowledge of the meaning of the word. Not me. It was you who remarked about feeling aroused over a 15 year old girl, not me. There are vast holes in your posts, big enough to sink the Titanic.

I think i understand why you are doing this, and i am suspicious about your reasons. I therefore suggest that we do not continue this conversation. I would also suggest that next time you read up on a subject before you post about it.I dont know if you are knowledgeable of "the parting shot" or how it got its name

but i will not let you have it. Continue on if you wish.

Okay, Dave. I'm trying to get a point across and not win an argument. I don't care about winninng arguments or bickering over semantics. I'm trying to relay my thoughts and not boost my ego.  

I stand by statement that this is a paedophile ring. You think it's not. All the reasons for my opinions are there to be read. As are yours. 

22 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Okay, Dave. I'm trying to get a point across and not win an argument. I don't care about winninng arguments or bickering over semantics. I'm trying to relay my thoughts and not boost my ego.  

I stand by statement that this is a paedophile ring. You think it's not. All the reasons for my opinions are there to be read. As are yours. 

What a great reply.I see you have spent the last few minutes boning up on Arthur, lord Wellintons , paper on ' how to defend an indefensible situation' A collection of tactics after my own heart.This ' ring' are not pedophiles, unless it can be proved that the 'girl/girls in question were of prepubescent age.Until then, it remains a case of men having sex with underage girls, until proved otherwise, and then it becomes very, very different, and far more serious.I simply cannot see,  how you cannot see this.

The upshot of all this, is that the vile people in this scenario, will not be punished for their crimes, because they are far too powerful. We will never be told the facts of this case. The rich will always be able to walk away from their indecencies. You should also be aware , that should these posts ever be made available to the powers that be,there are laws of defamation in this country that protect them.I for one, would not like to be involved, but then, i wasn't the one who yelled 'Pedophile'.I am always here around at this time of night, and would be more than happy to oblige you in more written dueling. Anyway, i'm off for a fag and a cup of coffee, so i wish you a pleasant evening and a good weekend.

Mene mene tekel upharsin.

The moving finger writes, and having written moves on.

Edited by Khon Kaen Dave
additionalcontent.

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

What a great reply.I see you have spent the last few minutes boning up on Arthur, lord Wellintons , paper on ' how to defend an indefensible situation' A collection of tactics after my own heart.This ' ring' are not pedophiles, unless it can be proved that the 'girl/girls in question were of prepubescent age.Until then, it remains a case of men having sex with underage girls, until proved otherwise, and then it becomes very, very different, and far more serious.I simply cannot see,  how you cannot see this.

The upshot of all this, is that the vile people in this scenario, will not be punished for their crimes, because they are far too powerful. We will never be told the facts of this case. The rich will always be able to walk away from their indecencies. You should also be aware , that should these posts ever be made available to the powers that be,there are laws of defamation in this country that protect them.I for one, would not like to be involved, but then, i wasn't the one who yelled 'Pedophile'.I am always here around at this time of night, and would be more than happy to oblige you in more written dueling. Anyway, i'm off for a fag and a cup of coffee, so i wish you a pleasant evening and a good weekend.

Well done, Dave. You've completely outsmarted me. 

8 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

Did he file a defamation charge already?

No, but he is a pedo-file and probably de-filed 1 or more innocent youg girls and should have a serious criminal file...Off with his tiny dangley bits!!!!

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Well done, Dave. You've completely outsmarted me. 

Brilliant banter from you two guys. Very informative and entertaining!

Rkidlad, you said something to the effect of, if you see a young girl and you think she is under age don't go there. Why would you? I have been told by several of my Thai work mates, guys and gals that many of these old blokes are inadequately equipped to satisfy a grown woman so look for younger sweeter grass. "Wua gaa chob kin yaa on" 

2 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Oh come on sadly anything goes here, as for morales the word does not exist

I think you may be refering to morals. However, your point is bang on!