Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 Trump loyalists who are completely melting down right now

It's not a good day aboard the Trump Train.

Three prominent Trump loyalists didn’t react well to the news that special counsel Robert Mueller has filed the first indictment stemming from the investigation of the Trump campaign for possible collusion with Russia.

After the news broke on Friday evening, Sean Hannity, Roger Stone, and Sebastian Gorka each had their own Twitter meltdowns.

https://thinkprogress.org/3-trump-loyalists-who-are-completely-melting-down-right-now-8c979dcd3a55/

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Horner, Fake News Writer Who Took Credit for Trump Victory, Dies at 38

Paul Horner, a writer who trolled the nation with his fabricated news stories and claimed that he was responsible for Donald J. Trump’s election victory, died last week. The cause was a suspected drug overdose, the authorities in Arizona said Wednesday.

Mr. Horner, 38, was found dead in his bed in Laveen, Ariz., on Sept. 18, according to Mark Casey, a Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office spokesman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/business/media/paul-horner-dead-fake-news.html?smid=fb-share

11 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

3 Trump loyalists who are completely melting down right now

It's not a good day aboard the Trump Train.

Three prominent Trump loyalists didn’t react well to the news that special counsel Robert Mueller has filed the first indictment stemming from the investigation of the Trump campaign for possible collusion with Russia.

After the news broke on Friday evening, Sean Hannity, Roger Stone, and Sebastian Gorka each had their own Twitter meltdowns.

https://thinkprogress.org/3-trump-loyalists-who-are-completely-melting-down-right-now-8c979dcd3a55/

Remember not too long ago when Trump supporters were asking where's the evidence and concommitant indictments? Now that the indictments have started coming in,  they've changed their tune to outrage at there being indictments. Just can't make these people happy.

17 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Remember not too long ago when Trump supporters were asking where's the evidence and concommitant indictments? Now that the indictments have started coming in,  they've changed their tune to outrage at there being indictments. Just can't make these people happy.

“The butcher’s knife cares not for the lamb’s cry”

32 minutes ago, Slip said:

I don't know what to make of Mensch, and I know she is not necessarily bulletproof as far as credibility goes, but this makes explosive reading if taken at face value:

https://patribotics.blog/2017/10/29/exclusive-mueller-has-dozens-of-sealed-indictments-including-on-donald-trump/amp/

OM<deleted>G!!

If only a tenth of that is true then the majority of the administration, including Trump, are going to be buried.

43 minutes ago, Slip said:

I don't know what to make of Mensch, and I know she is not necessarily bulletproof as far as credibility goes, but this makes explosive reading if taken at face value:

https://patribotics.blog/2017/10/29/exclusive-mueller-has-dozens-of-sealed-indictments-including-on-donald-trump/amp/

Implausible.  Mueller team has had no leaks to date.  Why would this chick-lit writer alone have all of this highly secret info?

Edited by CaptHaddock

16 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

Implausible.  Mueller team has had no leaks to date.  Why would this chick-lit writer alone have all of this highly secret info?

And Mensch does have form as a conspiracy theorist.  Strangely she is politically right wing. I hesitate to put any real faith into it, but I still find it odd that if it's all made up they would have the brassneck to publish it, but I guess that is one of the things that allow these theories to flourish.

3 minutes ago, Slip said:

And Mensch does have form as a conspiracy theorist.  Strangely she is politically right wing. I hesitate to put any real faith into it, but I still find it odd that if it's all made up they would have the brassneck to publish it, but I guess that is one of the things that allow these theories to flourish.

She is actually following a good strategy.  In the office contest to guess the number of gumballs in the big jar, the best strategy to to go very high or very low.  Especially when no one knows or has any basis to estimate, people tend to anchor on the first number they hear causing the guesses as a whole to cluster around a number that has no basis at all.  If Mensch has guessed correctly on one or two of these items she will because a blogging star overnight.  If not, it will all be forgotten quickly.

A very good strategy in the absence of information, actually.

10 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

She is actually following a good strategy.  In the office contest to guess the number of gumballs in the big jar, the best strategy to to go very high or very low.  Especially when no one knows or has any basis to estimate, people tend to anchor on the first number they hear causing the guesses as a whole to cluster around a number that has no basis at all.  If Mensch has guessed correctly on one or two of these items she will because a blogging star overnight.  If not, it will all be forgotten quickly.

A very good strategy in the absence of information, actually.

The old scatter-gun approach.

6 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

“I don’t get it. How is Manafort connected to Hillary’s uranium treason??”

Says every Fox viewer.

Not really connected, but who knows? Business people from Eastern Europe sounds strange and could of course include all sorts of deals. 

Mr. Gates is a longtime protégé and junior partner of Mr. Manafort. His name appears on documents linked to companies that Mr. Manafort’s firm set up in Cyprus to receive payments from politicians and businesspeople in Eastern Europe, records reviewed by The New York Times Mr. Manafort had been under investigation for violations of federal tax law, money laundering and whether he appropriately disclosed his foreign lobbying.

Attempts to reach Mr. Gates on Monday were not successful. A spokesman for Mr. Manafort did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Edited by jenny2017

Worth keeping in mind that the Watergate case did not really break open until the five burglars had been arrested, tried, convicted, and then given heavy sentences by Judge John "Maximum John" Sirica.  That was the moment that one of the burglars, James McCord, started singing like a canary, which eventually brought Nixon down.

Wait until Manafort and his minion are facing the imminent prospect of hard time and then we'll see what they have to say about Trump and the rest of the gang of crims in the White House. 

6 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

Worth keeping in mind that the Watergate case did not really break open until the five burglars had been arrested, tried, convicted, and then given heavy sentences by Judge John "Maximum John" Sirica.  That was the moment that one of the burglars, James McCord, started singing like a canary, which eventually brought Nixon down.

Wait until Manafort and his minion are facing the imminent prospect of hard time and then we'll see what they have to say about Trump and the rest of the gang of crims in the White House. 

Mr. Manafort has expected charges since this summer, when F.B.I. agents raided his home and prosecutors warned him that they planned to indict him. That warning raised speculation that Mr. Manafort might try to cut a deal to avoid prosecution.

"Cut a Deal" seems to be the solution for quite a few involved. But it's really time for rolling heads....

How many of these FBI and CIA agents are corrupt? Endless....

Edited by jenny2017

35 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

Nixon was not so brazen as to pardon the burglars.  Trump....who knows?

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, but Bush I was indeed brazen enough to pardon all the Iran Contragate criminals, including Oliver North, in the final days of his presidency. 

However, if Manafort failed to pay federal income tax on his pay from the Ukrainian dictator, then he certainly failed to pay state income tax in whatever state he has tax domicile.  A violation of state law would be beyond Trump's ability to pardon.

Edited by CaptHaddock

I don't know who's the bigger buffoon, Trump or Mueller.

Manafort fails to file FBAR's years ago, and that proves Trump's collusion with Russia?

I'm beginning to think Mueller is working for Trump.  They both probably had a big horse laugh over beers about this indictment thing.  Mueller teased us all weekend and then delivers....this?

There has to be more.

43 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Trump is thinking, "jeez, tax evasion. How silly.   I thought I made it clear on the campaign trail, only suckers pay taxes."

Ha! Lol.  I should point out to all that I have just seen commentary that suggests 'tax evasion' and ' conspiring against the US' could basically be the same thing, and that from an anti Trump guy.

9 minutes ago, Slip said:

Ha! Lol.  I should point out to all that I have just seen commentary that suggests 'tax evasion' and ' conspiring against the US' could basically be the same thing, and that from an anti Trump guy.

Doesn't seem to be the same.  Conspiring against the US has to do with failing to register as a foreign agent while engaging in activities requiring such registration.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Trump is thinking, "jeez, tax evasion. How silly.   I thought I made it clear on the campaign trail, only suckers pay taxes."

Anybody who claims to know what Trump is thinking is delusional.

Wasn't it Al Capone who got nailed for tax evasion, when nothing else would stick?

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Absolutely, Trump will hand out pardons like party favors at a 2 year old's b'day party.

Even if he's cornered so badly that he's forced to resign, Trump will wait for the last day, and issue a bunch of pardons.  He'll even give pardons before-trial & sentencing (which is unusual), ....as he did with disgraced judge Arpaio of Arizona (which pissed off a lot of Arizonians who had spent a lot of time and money trying to nail Arpaio for multiple law-breaking episodes).

4 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Absolutely, Trump will hand out pardons like party favors at a 2 year old's b'day party.

Even if he's cornered so badly that he's forced to resign, Trump will wait for the last day, and issue a bunch of pardons.  He'll even give pardons before-trial & sentencing (which is unusual), ....as he did with disgraced judge Arpaio of Arizona (which pissed off a lot of Arizonians who had spent a lot of time and money trying to nail Arpaio for multiple law-breaking episodes).

But I think that's what this bait is. Mueller WANTS Trump to pardon Manafort on this. From that point on Manafort can be called as a witness to ANY hearing on the Trumps and he must testify the truth. He cannot plead the 5th after he has received a pardon. Then when they have enough to nail Trump they will bring in round two of the charges and they will all go down. I hope they can get Huckerbee Sanders on something - just as a bonus for everyone that has to put up with her at the press briefings!!

Trump adviser George Papadopoulos pleads guilty to lying about Russia contacts – live

Papadopoulos has agreed to provide information in the criminal investigation, according to the indictment.

Email exchange detailed in the indictment suggest the Trump campaign was considering accepting a Russian invitation to travel to Russia. A footnote included in the document says an email between campaign officials said: “We need someone to communicate that DT [Donald Trump] is not doing these trips. It should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2017/oct/30/donald-trump-russia-inquiry-paul-manafort-robert-mueller-live-updates

Well, folks, here we go. 
Where this all ends, nobody knows.

Now begins the crisis stage of the Trump presidency

The Trump presidency has been an impeachment waiting to happen. Trump knows it, and is ready to start a scorched-earth protection of himself whenever needed. How do we know this? Have you been paying attention to who he is and how he behaves?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2017/10/30/now-begins-the-crisis-stage-of-the-trump-presidency/