Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, amvet said:

I'm not a gopher.  Try google. "clinton bragging about funding steele dossier" 

About 194,000 results (0.61 seconds) One of them should work for you.

I googled "trump tinfoil hat bestiality" and got 1400 results.  What's your point?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, 348GTS said:

CNN report the facts?  That is the most laughable portion of your post. The rest of it is Trump Derangement Syndrome at it's finest. It is clear where you get your "news" from.

Let's have a contest.  I'll post lies/fake news from Trump, and you post lies/fake news from CNN.  Whichever of the two put out the most lies is the fake news king.  Wanna play?

5 hours ago, 348GTS said:

I believe it was Harvard who did some research recently, and determined that Fox News (yes, you read that correctly) provided the fairest and most balanced news coverage. The blatantly pro Clinton / anti Trump media scored something like 92% negative coverage. The mainstream media are mostly left leaning and more like a Clinton / Democrat PR arm than an objective organisations reporting the news.

I believe you have been challenged to provide sources for your ridiculous claims and you never did.

Prove me wrong, provide a source for you "believe it was Harvard" claim.

46 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

Then why is he at 33% in the polls?  Because this is meaningless or rubbish or has nothing to do with him.  Next.

Lol....  Surely you would have learned by now that polls are meaningless??  Surely you would have learned this lesson last year on the run up to and the eve of the election?? Are these the same polls that had Clinton winning the election and every debate? Surely you cant be serious??

36 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

Surely you would have learned by now that polls are meaningless??

Ya, you're right, all polls all the time are meaningless, b/c you cherry picked one and made a generalization from it.  I'll take my cue(s) and all the statistical probabilities of error inherent with polling before I listen to someone who gets his or her news from far right-wing propaganda mills.

36 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

Surely you would have learned this lesson last year on the run up to and the eve of the election?? Are these the same polls that had Clinton winning the election and every debate? Surely you cant be serious??

The Gallop poll was fairly accurate within a few percentage points and correctly predicted the overall result of the vote count but not the college outcome fyi.  The college was won with less than 50,000 votes in four states.  Regardless, Hillary is not the president and your comment is a red herring.  If you want to discuss the accuracy of polling, which is the point you're trying to make, let's open another thread and you and I can debate it there.  Otherwise, try to stay on topic, will you?

Edited by EvenSteven

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I believe you have been challenged to provide sources for your ridiculous claims and you never did.

Prove me wrong, provide a source for you "believe it was Harvard" claim.

The source was provided in the very next post by another poster.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/983993-do-you-think-trump-will-be-impeached-or-forced-to-resign/?page=286&tab=comments#comment-12415851

30 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

How far did you go in school?  The onus is on your to substantiate your claim(s) with a citation others can source.  Otherwise it's rubbish.

You must have seen the substantiation of his claim that was provided in the very next post by another poster, as you "reacted" to it.

6 hours ago, alocacoc said:

April 5. 2017

US-Mexico illegal border crossings fall to 17-year low

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39505999

October 31. 2017

US consumer confidence hits 17-year record in October

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/us-consumer-confidence-hits-17-year-record-in-october-9362890

November 3. 2017: The unemployment rate fell to 4.1%, its lowest level since 2000. (for the liberals, lowest level in 17 Years)

http://uk.businessinsider.com/jobs-report-october-2017-11?r=US&IR=T

I guess that's what the President calls MAGA ":)

More achievements by Trump?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/what-trump-is-actually-accomplishing/535458/?utm_source=nl-atlantic-daily-080217

Why would a sane person impeach him? Makes no sense ;)

US-Mexico illegal border crossings have been falling for years.  Way before Trump came around.

The US economy has been rocking for years.  Way before Trump came around.

You can thank Obama for that.  I guess Obama MAGA? LOL

Why would  a sane person impeach Trump?  Because he's a lair....and a whole long list of other things you'll just deny.

That article lists some real softball stuff.  Nothing major has been accomplished.  A few things yes, but they are overshadowed by the chaos he's creating.  As that article states.

The actual government, the administration of Donald Trump, is coming off the worst week of his presidency, although there haven’t been any smooth weeks. Trump’s top legislative priority, repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act, seems dead for the moment. (Tax reform? Forget it.)

But hey!  MAGA! :bah:

8 hours ago, amvet said:

1 | HuffingtonPost
149 - eBizMBA Rank | 80,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | *45* - Quantcast Rank | 203 - Alexa Rank | 199 - SimilarWeb Rank | Last Updated: July 1, 2017.
The Most Popular Political Websites | eBizMBA

Breitbart2 | Breitbart
298 - eBizMBA Rank | 60,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | *65* - Quantcast Rank | 236 - Alexa Rank | 592 - SimilarWeb Rank | Last Updated: July 1, 2017.

Drudge Report3 | DrudgeReport
366 - eBizMBA Rank | 30,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 186 - Quantcast Rank | 723 - Alexa Rank | 189 - SimilarWeb Rank | Last Updated: July 1, 2017.

Good gosh.  Those are terrible sources for news.  Horrible.  It comes out in your posts.  You need to utilize better sources.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/drudge-report/

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED

8 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Here's a broader picture from a new report from the Pew Research Center for perspective:

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-your-preferred-news-outlet-says-about-your-political-ideology-2014-10

PewRpt.JPG

Perfect chart.  My news sources are MSNBC, CNN and the WSJ.  Sometimes BBC.  Rarely look at the rest.  Though the NY Times does have some good articles.  As does the Economist and Al Jazeera International from time to time.

2 hours ago, 348GTS said:

Lol....  Surely you would have learned by now that polls are meaningless??  Surely you would have learned this lesson last year on the run up to and the eve of the election?? Are these the same polls that had Clinton winning the election and every debate? Surely you cant be serious??

A comment like this makes sense from somebody who only reads Breitbart and the like.  They spin this to say polls are meaningless.  When they are not.  They are not perfect and only used to help analyze something.  To say they are meaningless is not true and just said to spin things.  You've been punked.

10 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Report: amid Trump-Russia arrests, Donald Trump begins inquiring about resignation

Now that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has begun arresting and flipping people in Donald Trump’s Russia scandal, it seems just a matter of time before Trump’s presidency topples, and his freedom and fortune come under great risk.

Trump initially used two allies to float the idea that he may not seek a second term, sending a signal that he may be trying to find a way out. Now comes a report that he’s begun inquiring about resignation.

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/resign-trump-inquiring/5829/

Trump will offer his resignation or agree not to run for a second term in return for a huge blanket amnesty. He may get some of what he requests.

(On a separate issue, this thread is being hijacked by a very determined bunch of posters who want to make it about who paid for the Steele dossier. That is not the topic of the thread and it is best not to take the bait)

13 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

A comment like this makes sense from somebody who only reads Breitbart and the like.  They spin this to say polls are meaningless.  When they are not.  They are not perfect and only used to help analyze something.  To say they are meaningless is not true and just said to spin things.  You've been punked.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I would suggest becoming more informed if you wish to discuss this matter. Until that day arrives, I will not waste my time engaging with you. Anyway I'll just leave this reminder here for you as to how effective and meaningful polls are....

nytimeslol.jpg

30 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I would suggest becoming more informed if you wish to discuss this matter. Until that day arrives, I will not waste my time engaging with you. Anyway I'll just leave this reminder here for you as to how effective and meaningful polls are....

nytimeslol.jpg

You proved my point.  You're been punked. 

P.S. I studied stats in college.  Undergrad and quite a bit in graduate school.  I understand stats quite well and have crafted many polls.  Many.

11 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Report: amid Trump-Russia arrests, Donald Trump begins inquiring about resignation

Now that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has begun arresting and flipping people in Donald Trump’s Russia scandal, it seems just a matter of time before Trump’s presidency topples, and his freedom and fortune come under great risk.

Trump initially used two allies to float the idea that he may not seek a second term, sending a signal that he may be trying to find a way out. Now comes a report that he’s begun inquiring about resignation.

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/resign-trump-inquiring/5829/

I would not put much credence into this Palmer Report. He uses a few nuggets of facts and spins them into a yarn that sounds very journalistic, but isn’t. He never outright lies and is careful with his words, bust this isn’t journalism, or even responsible punditry.

I read it occasionaly to admire his skills, but not for actual news.

45 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

Anyway I'll just leave this reminder here for you as to how effective and meaningful polls are

The issue of why polls got the prediction wrong for who will win the election has been studied by numerous sources.

From one it was - "Long story short: Statistical power is important, and any misrepresentation of the population in the sample or weights can lead to unusable results."

Some problems with defining the population was technology with smart phones outnumbering landlines and outdated congressional district representation that is only reapportioned every 10 years.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/what-went-wrong-polling-clinton-trump/507188/

All said, the polls were accurate for the popular vote but wrong for the electoral vote.

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

The issue of why polls got the prediction wrong for who will win the election has been studied by numerous sources.

From one it was - "Long story short: Statistical power is important, and any misrepresentation of the population in the sample or weights can lead to unusable results."

Some problems with defining the population was technology with smart phones outnumbering landlines and outdated congressional district representation that is only reapportioned every 10 years.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/what-went-wrong-polling-clinton-trump/507188/

All said, the polls were accurate for the popular vote but wrong for the electoral vote.

One of my favorite classes was stats when we went through the chapter "How to lie with statistics". LOL. What a hoot developing polls to get the results we wanted.

Polls are incredibly hard to setup and the results can easily be predetermined by the questions you ask, how you ask them, and in what order.  Sadly, hard core Trump supporters don't understand what polls are all about.  They just take the spoon fed BS from alternate new websites.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

One of my favorite classes was stats when we went through the chapter "How to lie with statistics". LOL. What a hoot developing polls to get the results we wanted.

Polls are incredibly hard to setup and the results can easily be predetermined by the questions you ask, how you ask them, and in what order.  Sadly, hard core Trump supporters don't understand what polls are all about.  They just take the spoon fed BS from alternate new websites.

To start with.  It's also sometimes the case that polls are manufacturing the sentiment they claim to be measuring.  Don't know that this particular fault was alleged in the case of last year's election, but the deepest possible skepticism about polls may be justified.

1 minute ago, CaptHaddock said:

To start with.  It's also sometimes the case that polls are manufacturing the sentiment they claim to be measuring.  Don't know that this particular fault was alleged in the case of last year's election, but the deepest possible skepticism about polls may be justified.

Not in this case.  The poll was pretty straightforward.  The results just changed over time, as all presidential polls do.  Especially when emails are leaked and fake news from Russia and other places comes out.  It had an effect for sure.  Reflected in the polls.

Please read this.  Seems these announcements did have an impact on voters.  Did they change the result?  Nobody will ever be able to prove it, but they did have an impact.  Much to the dismay of Trump and his supporters. LOL

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/politics/state/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-election/

For Clinton, “email” pops out of the word cloud, the most frequently mentioned word or topic by far. For Trump, there is no dominant word or theme.

Breaking it down by week, the dominance of the email scandal throughout the Clinton campaign is jaw-dropping.

I like what they said in this article.  The problem wasn't the polls, it's how they were used to tell the story of the campaign.

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

348GTS posted:

" I believe it was Harvard who did some research recently, and determined that Fox News (yes, you read that correctly) provided the fairest and most balanced news coverage."

Fox news attempted to spin a Harvard study that showed the obvious; that Trump, the president so fond of hating and bating the press, doesn't get treated nicely by the press.  One can debate the "chicken or egg" aspects of this, but the study does not in any way support the claim.

6 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

What case is that? The only case I see in your post is a basketcase. Make sense please. Please enlighten me as to what I quoted about "highest consumer confidence", and in future learn how to quote in context so that people understand what you're blabbering on about.

You mock the unreliability of polls. Yet when you want to shower praise on your cult leader you cite a poll—“highest consumer confidence”—as an accomplishment of your cult leader. This trait is, not coincidentally, emblematic of your leader, a prolific liar, who call every one else liars—unless they’re saying something he likes, even if what they’re saying is demonstrably a lie.

23 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Not in this case.  The poll was pretty straightforward.  The results just changed over time, as all presidential polls do.  Especially when emails are leaked and fake news from Russia and other places comes out.  It had an effect for sure.  Reflected in the polls.

Please read this.  Seems these announcements did have an impact on voters.  Did they change the result?  Nobody will ever be able to prove it, but they did have an impact.  Much to the dismay of Trump and his supporters. LOL

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/politics/state/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-election/

I like what they said in this article.  The problem wasn't the polls, it's how they were used to tell the story of the campaign.

Well, as is often the case, it's the unexamined assumptions that blow you up. 

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

348GTS posted:

" I believe it was Harvard who did some research recently, and determined that Fox News (yes, you read that correctly) provided the fairest and most balanced news coverage."

Fox news attempted to spin a Harvard study that showed the obvious; that Trump, the president so fond of hating and bating the press, doesn't get treated nicely by the press.  One can debate the "chicken or egg" aspects of this, but the study does not in any way support the claim.

I'm not going to debate any of it, but I'm not sure what your Fox News reference is. The poll was conducted by Harvard and the media source we're discussing is the Chicago Tribune.

29 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

who call every one else liars—unless they’re saying something he likes

Reminds me of what Trump said as a nominee regarding his claim that the election was rigged: “I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election — if I win,”

http://time.com/4560707/donald-trump-election-loss-rigged/