Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Certainly the Democrats gave the Repubs a road map on how to leave a President guilty of perjury and obstruction in office !

http://home.bt.com/news/on-this-day/december-19-1998-president-bill-clinton-is-impeached-on-perjury-and-obstruction-charges-11363950551782

The topic is about trump. Not President Clinton. Desist from your endless obnoxious off topic DEFLECTIONS. 

1 minute ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Topic is impeachment. I'm pointing out that even impeached he could remain in power( as your guy did ). 

That's basic. Impeachment is in the house and conviction is in the senate. People discussing this would already know that. 

Back to topic, so hard for you it seems, trump enjoys a republican majority house until at least 2018. So any dirt on the clown potus will need to massively serious for them to impeach. Even after 2018 if the house flips, and the clown potus is impeached, the same issue in the senate where flipping in 2018 is very unlikely. 

9 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Topic is impeachment. I'm pointing out that even impeached he could remain in power( as your guy did ). 

Impeached for lying about a consensual affair is not the same as impeached for colluding with a foreign adversary to undermine the most basic institution of American government—free and fair elections. So in Trump's case, unlike in Clinton's case, impeachment would not be the end of the story. (In Clinton's case, it wasn't the end either—he lost his law license and other penalties).

But, Hey, kudos, because at least Trump supporters are slowly moving towards conceding that impeachment is a possibility. I guess that's progress.

My opinion is the same as it was in May, June, July, and August.

And it is the same as the opinion of the majority of Votes.

No !

Why is this thread still going? Has not the vote been done and the debate exhausted?

Oh - sorry - I wasn't thinking - some people just cant seem to deal with it and move on.

There will be no "See, I told you so" being stated in this thread.

The answer in May was No - and it is still No in September.

And it will be the same in another 4 months.

42 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

Resign or not, he is finished.  The concept of due process - which Trump supporters only like when it suits them - and the Republican held congress are the only things standing in the way to this rogue's impeachment and the indictments of those who are part of the Trump crime syndicate.

Interesting Hitch. 

you don't like Trump so wiretapping him during the campaign is OK

not what you believed when you were alive

https://www.aclu.org/other/statement-christopher-hitchens-nsa-lawsuit-client

Edited by funandsuninbangkok

1 minute ago, ELVIS123456 said:

My opinion is the same as it was in May, June, July, and August.

And it is the same as the opinion of the majority of Votes.

No !

Why is this thread still going? Has not the vote been done and the debate exhausted?

Oh - sorry - I wasn't thinking - some people just cant seem to deal with it and move on.

There will be no "See, I told you so" being stated in this thread.

The answer in May was No - and it is still No in September.

And it will be the same in another 4 months.

You're being silly. This likely doesn't get hard core until after the 2018 midterms. The topic will remain relevant as long as the clown potus in the oval. If you're bored with the topic, instead of obnoxiously trying to shut down free speech on it, may I suggest that you just not participate in it?

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's basic. Impeachment is in the house and conviction is in the senate. People discussing this would already know that. 

Back to topic, so hard for you it seems, trump enjoys a republican majority house until at least 2018. So any dirt on the clown potus will need to massively serious for them to impeach. Even after 2018 if the house flips, and the clown potus is impeached, the same issue in the senate where flipping in 2018 is very unlikely. 

Sooo, he's in till 2020?

Just now, funandsuninbangkok said:

Sooo, he's in till 2020?

Nobody knows yet, but odds of impeachment increase significantly after the midterms if the house is flipped, and if the crimes are serious enough, a conviction vote in the senate would be possible.  Also in the case of very serious evidence against the clown potus, he might also resign to avoid all that (as has happened before). 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're being silly. This likely doesn't get hard core until after the 2018 midterms. The topic will remain relevant as long as the clown potus in the oval. If you're bored with the topic, instead of obnoxiously trying to shut down free speech on it, may I suggest that you just not participate in it?

2018 is going to be more of the same for the Dems. Honestly I am worried about you guys. Take a vacation and come back for 2020. Then we can talk possible change(God I hate that word since Obama ruined it)

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/306210-10-senate-seats-that-could-flip-in-2018

5 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

2018 is going to be more of the same for the Dems. Honestly I am worried about you guys. Take a vacation and come back for 2020. Then we can talk possible change(God I hate that word since Obama ruined it)

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/306210-10-senate-seats-that-could-flip-in-2018

Desist from the moronic and condescending personal psychological advice. Stick to the topic.

Dissent and protest and opposition is something that happens in a democracy. It doesn't need to only be at election time. That is BASIC. Trying to crush dissent is something authoritarian leaders do. 

The trumpist true believer line seems to be SHUT UP and get on the trump train or get run over. Reminds many of us of so many other dark fascistic regimes in history. 

Edited by Jingthing

8 hours ago, iReason said:

Senate Cancels Meeting With Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen

"WASHINGTON — Senate investigators probing Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election canceled an interview on Tuesday with longtime Trump lawyer Michael Cohen because they believe Cohen broke an agreement by speaking with the media."

"The Senate Intelligence Committee will now subpoena Cohen, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told NBC News."

"The committee intended to pursue several lines of questioning with Cohen, according to congressional sources, with the goal of putting him on the record on key topics that have drawn scrutiny during the investigation, including potential direct contacts between Trump associates and people with close ties to the Kremlin."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-lawyer-cohen-answer-senate-questions-about-russia-n802321

Put him under oath. :thumbsup:

Either way, Federal statute makes any misleading or false testimony to Congress subject to criminal penalty.

Senate panel calls for public hearing with Trump lawyer after closed-door meeting scrapped

The leaders of the Senate intelligence committee said Tuesday they want President Donald Trump's personal attorney and longtime associate to testify in public after Michael Cohen released to the media his opening statement he planned to give at a closed door meeting.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/19/politics/michael-cohen-senate-testimony-russia/index.html

51 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Interesting Hitch. 

you don't like Trump so wiretapping him during the campaign is OK

not what you believed when you were alive

https://www.aclu.org/other/statement-christopher-hitchens-nsa-lawsuit-client

Once again, there is no evidence Trump was wiretapped.  You have trouble accepting reality.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Desist from the moronic and condescending personal psychological advice. Stick to the topic.

Dissent and protest and opposition is something that happens in a democracy. It doesn't need to only be at election time. That is BASIC. Trying to crush dissent is something authoritarian leaders do. 

The trumpist true believer line seems to be SHUT UP and get on the trump train or get run over. Reminds many of us of so many other dark fascistic regimes in history. 

Well I didn't think I've told anyone to shut up. 

If if you want to discuss democracy, great. Trump won the election. 

Will Trump resign or be impeached and convicted?    No I don't think so. In fact this Deep State coup d'etat will only harm the Dems even more. 

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/351495-it-looks-like-obama-did-spy-on-trump-just-as-he-did-to-me

even The Hill, a monster liberal rag is turning on you today. 

1 minute ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Will Trump resign or be impeached and convicted?    No I don't think so. In fact this Deep State coup d'etat will only harm the Dems even more. 

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/351495-it-looks-like-obama-did-spy-on-trump-just-as-he-did-to-me

Do you ever get any facts right?

Here's info about the author of the piece

Sharyl Attkisson (born January 26, 1961) is an American author and host of the weekly Sunday public affairs program Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson, which airs on television stations operated by the Sinclair Broadcast Group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharyl_Attkisson

Are you familiar with the Sinclair Broadcast Group? Compared to them, Fox is moderate.

Here is the disclaimer from the Hill:

BY SHARYL ATTKISSON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 09/20/17 08:30 AM EDT 1,476

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

11 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

You really do not post in good faith. 

Reminds me of trump. Changes his position in the middle of a sentence. 

No point in responding to you when your first sentence contradicts what I was responding to:

Take a vacation and come back for 2020. 

I do wonder if you're even CONSCIOUS of the tactics you use. Not that I care really. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

From your link:  

" By Sharyl Attkisson, opinion contributor — 09/20/17 08:30 AM EDT 1,476

The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill"

A somewhat biased opinion piece.  Yes, some of Trump's associates had activities recorded, either as targets or incidental to their associations with other people under surveillance.  As I've posted before, this wouldn't be an issue if Trump didn't include people who associate with Russian spies and mobsters in his campaign.

However it is pointless arguing with your conspiratorial mind.  As you stated in a now deleted post, absence of criminal charges during Democratic administrations is proof (in your mind) of even greater criminality.  The twisted logic of a conspiracy theorists can not be straightened out.

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Impeached for lying about a consensual affair is not the same as impeached for colluding with a foreign adversary to undermine the most basic institution of American government—free and fair elections. So in Trump's case, unlike in Clinton's case, impeachment would not be the end of the story. (In Clinton's case, it wasn't the end either—he lost his law license and other penalties).

But, Hey, kudos, because at least Trump supporters are slowly moving towards conceding that impeachment is a possibility. I guess that's progress.

Clinton lied about many unconsensual relationships and will always be remembered as a failed Democratic President that a Democratic congress would not toss. 

. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Trump has not been charged with any crime

10 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

In fact this Deep State coup d'etat will only harm the Dems even more.

A curious quote from your link:

"To date, the Trump Department of Justice — like the Obama Department of Justice — is fighting me in court and working to keep hidden the identities of those who accessed a government internet protocol address found in my computers."

So, you are stating the current White House is complicit with your "Deep State coup d'etat", correct?

3 minutes ago, iReason said:

A curious quote from your link:

"To date, the Trump Department of Justice — like the Obama Department of Justice — is fighting me in court and working to keep hidden the identities of those who accessed a government internet protocol address found in my computers."

So, you are stating the current White House is complicit with your "Deep State coup d'etat", correct?

Just the exec branch deep cover liberal fed employees commuted to overturning the election.  96% of Washington voted for Clinton. They hate the idea of fed layoffs and getting a real job. 

Just now, funandsuninbangkok said:

Just the exec branch deep cover liberal fed employees commuted to overturning the election.  96% of Washington voted for Clinton. They hate the idea of fed layoffs and getting a real job. 

D.C. does have a high percentage of federal workers.

38 percent.

Not 96 percent. 

You insult all federal workers. That is uncalled for but typical right wing claptrap. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

D.C. does have a high percentage of federal workers.

38 percent.

Not 96 percent. 

You insult all federal workers. That is uncalled for but typical right wing claptrap. 

Simply, deflection and blatant dissemination of disinformation.

It's a textbook, standard method of operation of the acolytes.

Very predictable.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the desperation they exhibit...

:coffee1:

22 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Clinton lied about many unconsensual relationships and will always be remembered as a failed Democratic President that a Democratic congress would not toss. 

It's funny how right wingers credit Trump for the state of the economy but not Bill Clinton who presided over one of the best economic performances ever by the USA and actually had virtually balanced budgets in his final years in office.

26 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Oh how I wish we could have a "failed Democratic President" like Clinton again.  Economic prosperity, balanced budget, no foolish wars....

Or perhaps you think the "deep state" engineered these things for some sinister reasons.

Only two countries think Trump is doing a better job than Obama did

Gllobal public opinion of President Trump and the United States has plummeted in 2017—and that was before Trump lectured global leaders at the United Nations Monday, saying the UN was a bloated and ineffective bureaucracy and suggesting American financial and military support was not a given.

Only two countries had improved views of President Trump compared to his predecessor: Russia and Israel. Only two nations had relatively unchanged views of U.S. favorability: Israel and Poland. Not surprisingly, the countries with the sharpest declines in confidence in the president and in American government are those that are our closest allies.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/only-two-countries-think-trump-is-doing-a-better-job-than-obama-did/#.WcI_BnrAwiM.facebook

1 hour ago, Skywalker69 said:

Only two countries think Trump is doing a better job than Obama did

Gllobal public opinion of President Trump and the United States has plummeted in 2017—and that was before Trump lectured global leaders at the United Nations Monday, saying the UN was a bloated and ineffective bureaucracy and suggesting American financial and military support was not a given.

Only two countries had improved views of President Trump compared to his predecessor: Russia and Israel. Only two nations had relatively unchanged views of U.S. favorability: Israel and Poland. Not surprisingly, the countries with the sharpest declines in confidence in the president and in American government are those that are our closest allies.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/only-two-countries-think-trump-is-doing-a-better-job-than-obama-did/#.WcI_BnrAwiM.facebook

Not so much a coincidence when you can consider how significant the Russian background is in Israel.