Police are always police wherever they are: RTP deputy spokesman

rooster59

Police.jpg

The Royal Thai Police is ready to come under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice as proposed by a police reform subcommittee in the coordinating committee of the National Legislative Assembly and the National Reform Steering Assembly.

Pol Maj-Gen Songpol Wattanachai, deputy spokesman of the RTP, said Friday that police, as the guardians of the people, are ready to accept whatever status decided by the government “because we are still the people’s guardians”.

The police reform subcommittee’s proposal on the status of the RTP will be submitted to the whips of the NLA and NRSA for consideration

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-always-police-wherever-rtp-deputy-spokesman/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-20

Funny thing about police, they never there when you need them, but

here they're when you least expect them to be......

( pretty much the same with the missus )

Edited by ezzra

So next time they are caught red handed shaking someone down (in clear violation of the law), are caught being involved in drug trafficking, child prostitution, human trafficking, spraying bullets at their ex or some other such ill deed then they are still a part of the wonderful family that is the RTP... Or do they still become an inactive part of it after being caught showing the organization's true colours?

The police reform subcommittee’s proposal on the status of the RTP will be submitted to the whips of the NLA and NRSA for consideration

Consider this then

Sack the lot of them and employ Monkeys it will be cheaper and safer for everyone as Monkeys cannot make up stories like the current BIB do and they are often seen moving about

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pol Maj-Gen Songpol Wattanachai, deputy spokesman of the RTP, said Friday that police, as the guardians of the people, are ready to accept whatever status decided by the government “because we are still the people’s guardians”.

I guess you have told the government by now that you are "the guardians of the people" and the status you are ready to accept is "the guardians of the people". I just call you "GoP" ("frog" in Thai), because you sit around croaking loudly.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

You could say the same in most places ... especially US, Mexico, Africa, ME ....

Thank you.

Someone who lives in the real world and not stuck in an armchair unhappy with his lot and needing someone to blame

All you have to do is ask any Thai whether they believe that the police are "guardians of the people" and you will find out the truth, but don't publish your findings on social media as you will probably find yourself physically under the protection of the guardians of the people.

Some posters on here clearly believe that it is only we old farang gits who are not in love with the RTP, but the disillusionment with the RTP's activities and interpretation of the laws extends much further than that.  Just ask around and you will discover the truth. 

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Is the term "guardian" part of the authorities' double-speak dictionary collection? What is the real meaning of the word - will police still man traffic spots in out of the way places to collect their B100 tributes from the people they profess to protect, or demand payment before considering if they should take any action on complaints about crimes presented at police stations. I'm also sure the sex-slave traffickers, drug dealers and kingpins of other illegal trades that thrive in Thailand (and their patrons/sponsors) would appreciate cheaper illicit licences to operate while they exploit those law-abiding citizens the police claim to guard or care for.

The authorities can't seem to help creating a Keystone Cop image for the force.

In the star Wars Movies "May the Force be with you" was a blessing.  In Thailand, it's a curse.

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

as the guardians of the people, are ready to accept whatever status decided by the government “because we are still the people’s guardians”.

Almost wants to make one break out with tears of joy. 

34 minutes ago, sandemara said:

Is the term "guardian" part of the authorities' double-speak dictionary collection? What is the real meaning of the word - will police still man traffic spots in out of the way places to collect their B100 tributes from the people they profess to protect, or demand payment before considering if they should take any action on complaints about crimes presented at police stations. I'm also sure the sex-slave traffickers, drug dealers and kingpins of other illegal trades that thrive in Thailand (and their patrons/sponsors) would appreciate cheaper illicit licences to operate while they exploit those law-abiding citizens the police claim to guard or care for.

The authorities can't seem to help creating a Keystone Cop image for the force.

In the star Wars Movies "May the Force be with you" was a blessing.  In Thailand, it's a curse.

The force will never be with you your on your own. 

9 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Not the kelloggs brand? Surely not!

That only happened in Australia

Pssst its happening here to and I keep searching for the toy inside the box as well. I keep looking for my Captain Midnight launch ring with plane (my favorite as a kid) but there is none to be had. I think it was 4 box tops and 25 cents return postage included.  

Edited by elgordo38

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yeap, even when they've been caught committing serious crimes they still continue to always be police. It's amazing. 

Inactive Police are always inactive, forever they are.

And that's Thailand biggest issue to deal with.