legalizing prostitution

8 hours ago, sharktooth said:

I saw a documentary about prostitution in Germany. Because it is legal, they were sending unemployed women for job interviews in brothels. Mothers, wives and everything. Don't take the job, we stop your money. Figure that wan oot.

Figure what out? It is a job. If you want a job, there it is. Remember; it is not illegal and their is little social stigma.

28 minutes ago, swissie said:

Turn it around. Every Farang wanting to Bar Fine a Lady would have to present a certificate, indicating he is STD free. A certificate older than 3 days would be void.

It could have some beneficial effects. Farangs would have to spend their days in clinics, awaiting a new "clean bill of health". The clinics would thrive and the Farangs would not have time for Day-Time-Drinking-Sessions.

But there is a fly in the ointment. The "Ladies" on Beach-Road are not much into "Paperwork". So I was told.:saai:
Cheers. 

I think nobody is much into any paperwork in that business.

36 minutes ago, swissie said:

Turn it around. Every Farang wanting to Bar Fine a Lady would have to present a certificate, indicating he is STD free. A certificate older than 3 days would be void.

It could have some beneficial effects. Farangs would have to spend their days in clinics, awaiting a new "clean bill of health". The clinics would thrive and the Farangs would not have time for Day-Time-Drinking-Sessions.

But there is a fly in the ointment. The "Ladies" on Beach-Road are not much into "Paperwork". So I was told.:saai:
Cheers. 

Used to love it in Vietnam and in the PI--all the sex workers had to be tested. Had a buddy who had a little bar just across the street from the Balibago STD checkpoint--had a great time catching the girls as they exited with a clean slate.

Get Real! Country history and Buddhism culture will never allow legalized prostitution. Way too conservative and close-mindedness leadership throughout. Until a new generation takes charge, maybe in 40 years, some other liberal ideas might be allowed, similar to Canada's soon-legalized pot.

16 hours ago, Kabula said:

Interesting topic.

I've lived in several foreign countries and visited many over 50 years.

Having a legal background, I researched prostitution laws in many countries.

I discovered that all the counties I researched, even countries that were well known sex destinations where everyone felt prostitution was legal; it was in fact illegal to some degree.  The clever wording in the laws made the content intent confusing.

In my opinion, the clever wording made it possible for the governments to shut down prostitution at a moments notice if they had to.

It's impossible to shut down the oldest profession, however if you throw in, 'pimping is illegal,'  in the law, that allows countries more control of the industry. 

The truth of the matter is, prostitution generates trillions of dollars for the governments from visas, taxes, income tourists spend and small business profits as well, as visitors utilize most services. The profits have turned 3rd world countries into developed countries over the last 50+ years.

The income also allows hungry, disadvantaged families to be able to buy food, vehicles, own their own home, and start small businesses.

It's all good, but it has to be controlled.

I think more "tricky wording" is appearing in laws all the time. In some countries if you demonstrate and "disrespect" the police its off to the gaol. 

18 hours ago, ulfson said:

If I am mistaken,  please correct me. In Sweden it is legal to sell sex. But it is illegal to buy it. Sorry, slightly off topic

Something like:

"It is mandatory that every house must be equipped with a toilet, but it's against the law to use it!"

Thankfully, such absurd regulations would never be implemented in Thailand.
Cheers.