Proven Shipping agents list

DjSiN

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, is there a thread somewhere here that contains shipping agent/companies capable of worldwide house move shipping (20ft container), with positive proven results? 

Moving from Australia shortly and still can't decide on a trustworthy / affordable shipper. Will be shipping in my partners name, returning Thai. 

If no such thread exists, please feel free to list companies u have used for such a move. 

Many thanks. 

Rick. 

Try this one. It was recomended to me by a local Thai Resturant owner. They charged me a deposit of GBP65, delivered boxes the next day and collected the full boxes two days after I announced that they were ready. On recovry to their main depot they required a furthe GBP499 to ship all the way to Chiangmai.

The boxes, all 210Kg, sat in their depot in Kent for nearly six weeks and as a result the company missed their promulgated shipping time of 49 to 70 days by a full 20 days.. But, everything turned up intact with no extra fees.

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/en-au/

I used seven seas to move my gear over from Australia years ago and they were crap, I ended up with missing items, broken items etc plus it took them more than twice as long as they said it would. When I lodged a complaint they did a runner and refused point blank to answer my emails etc, I doubt they have improved and definitely do not recommend them. 

Use Allied Pickfords they have deports in Australia and one in Bangkok. Its good to keep with the same company all the way though the move.

Will be more affordable if you are prepared to share a container with other customers although that will take longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not use SevenSeas Shipping - they are the worst company I have ever dealt with, their staff stole our belongings from our boxes and even though we took extra insurance they had every excuse not to pay for their staff's theft, please use any other company.