A Retiree's Choice of Partner

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You obviously cannot have it both ways. My criteria was speak some English, no kids and no work. Sometimes over the years the no work part has bothered me a bit. She seems to have fallen into a work of sorts being on the mobile all day. 

10 minutes ago, OmarZaid said:

I know of three faithful Thai ladies who take exquisite care of their farang hubbies in this category.

One has to be approaching the end of the line to understand this comment. Experience is a great teacher. 

Just now, elgordo38 said:

You obviously cannot have it both ways. My criteria was speak some English, no kids and no work. Sometimes over the years the no work part has bothered me a bit. She seems to have fallen into a work of sorts being on the mobile all day. 

As I pointed out earlier, my partner loves her garden and can spend hours a day toiling away, but I have seen cases where the wife starts drinking or gambling (or philandering) to fill the boredom. Unfortunately, not everyone, myself included, has a passionate hobby. I do love to read though, and I have been retired 15 years, so have adjusted quite well to idleness.

1 hour ago, jayceenik said:

Yes. What you bring her (financial security) and she brings you (companionship) is what it's all about.

I've found a companion for my golden years without even thinking or looking for one. She is less than 30 and I'm more than (never mind !).

I first met her when she was freelancing at a Tipp Plaza beerbar in Pattaya some seven years ago.

First worked as assistant nurse in Ubon, then hostess on Isaan-Rayong VIP busses, then freelanced in Pattaya. She has a couple years Uni.

We spent only two nights together at this first time. She then went back to her Isaan village for a couple years and then we met again by chance later five years ago and decided to spend more time together.

Our relationship started as open at first but then got stronger and stronger. After a year or so I made her my only inheritor. While with me she worked one year as dental assistant in a Buakhaw practice the was trained at ChaengWattana to make Thai passports at the Thai Consular Avenue office. Her salary was around 10000b at both places.

The idea of living with me permanently during my Golden Years came up rather progressively.

We now live together in the new house I bought for her in Ubon.

She expects financial support from me and I her companionship.

Things working well for me. I'm very happy. No going back, ever!, to home country (Belgium).

perfect arrangement!!!  smart

it's all an exchange and if you are fair and respect each other your situation is heaven

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm always suprised at how so many people (the VAST majority) need a live-in partner once they've retired - especially as they've (likely) already been through bad relationships!

Nobody wants to be sick, or die alone.

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm always suprised at how so many people (the VAST majority) need a live-in partner once they've retired - especially as they've (likely) already been through bad relationships!

Why are you surprised, when as you say, so many people need a partner? Part of it is genetic and part conditioning, and just because you had one failure doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. 

It is a delimma. I had 3 1/2 wonderful years being with my Thai girl. Together 24/7/365. Traveled, shopped (hey! Big C), I gave her a monthly stipend so she did not have to work. Unfortunately, her family obligations and increased financial needs proved a breaking point. Now I am seeing a girl from Bangkok who...as stated, she having her own shop, works morning to night. Relationship? Well, we will see. I am thinking of moving her and her Daughter here but then her only working 3-4 days a week (mostly for daughter's school costs). Either in her own shop or for someone else. Coming to me means I would offset financial losses and I would have the attention of another wonderful Thai girl. (She sees herself as an old lady at 44. I had to point out that she is a pretty, young Thai girl in my eyes as she is 26 years younger). Trying to find the balance? Granted, it can be a challenge.

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

On TV the top reading site in the country? Your one of the better contributors. You have not used the baseball bat approach that some do here. 

Oh, occasionally someone will get under my skin enough to fire me up, but thanks for the kind words.

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Why are you surprised, when as you say, so many people need a partner? Part of it is genetic and part conditioning, and just because you had one failure doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. 

No need to go out because the Frig is full vs different foods available outside... Shoot...

15 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Nobody wants to be sick, or die alone.

You're wrong.

When I'm sick I prefer to be alone - and everyone dies 'alone'.

Although to be fair, its quite possible that (when close to death) everyone may prefer to have someone they care about/have lived with for a few years holding their hand.

You're wrong.

When I'm sick I prefer to be alone - and everyone dies 'alone'.

Although to be fair, its quite possible that (when close to death) everyone may prefer to have someone they care about/have lived with for a few years holding their hand.

That's kinda what I meant.

17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm suprised because I don't have that need.

But everyone to their own :smile:.

7 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Puzzled or bemused would be more apt than surprised.

Edited by giddyup

Me too it's a co-dependency that some humans grow out of and some don't. All good, everyone's free choice , usually.

It is a delimma. I had 3 1/2 wonderful years being with my Thai girl. Together 24/7/365. Traveled, shopped (hey! Big C), I gave her a monthly stipend so she did not have to work. Unfortunately, her family obligations and increased financial needs proved a breaking point. Now I am seeing a girl from Bangkok who...as stated, she having her own shop, works morning to night. Relationship? Well, we will see. I am thinking of moving her and her Daughter here but then her only working 3-4 days a week (mostly for daughter's school costs). Either in her own shop or for someone else. Coming to me means I would offset financial losses and I would have the attention of another wonderful Thai girl. (She sees herself as an old lady at 44. I had to point out that she is a pretty, young Thai girl in my eyes as she is 26 years younger). Trying to find the balance? Granted, it can be a challenge.

I'm the same, mines 26 yrs younger than me too,,mind you am only 42, que Mr giddyup....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Trying to find the balance? 

Sorry I only used a little of the post: but it is such a good point.

Unless you want to start a family (you might inherit a couple of kids or even G-kids) go for the more mature woman. So lust is now tempered and the rough and tumble of a relationship has diminished but it is replaced by 'togetherness' and 'caring' and 'growing old together'.

Balance leads to a good life!

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

And bingo wings so you can fly. Listen oldboy bottom line everything you just said applies to you in your Mrs head. Straight up Giddyup that's how it is. That musty old man smell for her gotta be hell. Shower a lot and consider getting your family to send you a load of lynx Africa and maybe you can shave 5 years off the odour. Lovely speaking to you anyway, goodnight.

Know what you mean about the 'old people smell' - but to look on the bright side its only obviously apparent in very confined spaces.

I can still remember the shock of putting on hubby's diving mask (for some reason that escapes me), and immediately being shocked at the smell :sad:.

Edit - Just remembered, we were trying on dive masks in a shop.  Hubby tried the mask first and had it on for a while as he liked it.  He then passed it to me to try on and the 'old person' smell hit me immediately :sad:.

Edited by dick dasterdly