Anyone live at Wararom Kaewnawarat (off Outer Ring Road)? Considering buying a home there.

CrashTestDummy

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

Hmmm! No upfront payment I can understand but not monthly payments, after all, a lease holder would make a lease payment every month and that's not viewed as anything odd.

Any chance you can PM me with the contact details of your lawyer.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

The flip side is that properties in some areas are so cheap that it negates the risk.  Last year I bought a house and land for circa 410K all in and then spent about 180K to tidy it up.  I currently rent it for 6K per month.  You do the math on the ROI.

It is in my girlfriend's name with a usufruct in my name on the deed.  Is there some risk.  Sure.  But most investments with a yield of above 10% usually come with risk.

Are you renting the property as a registered company? I`d bet money you are not, but that`s not my business and couldn`t care less.

Sorry, but I think it is you who should do your maths.

What it does mean is that you have no power or jurisdiction over your tenants, any problems and your GF has to front it, including to constantly having to look over your shoulder in case the police or immigration come around asking questions about you, that they do on occasions on spot checks. No thanks, I don`t think I could enjoy living like that even for 6000 baht or more per month. It cost you a total of almost 600000 baht and you`re earning 6000 baht a month in rent. That means it will take you over 8 years just to break even not including the periods when you`ll have no tenants and maybe some decorating and maintenance work required in-between for a property you can never own. I would not consider that as a smart investment and doubt your usufruct is valid because you`re not even living there.

I seriously wish you good luck with your tenants and investment in your GFs name. Believe me, I would not want any part of your business even if you offered it to me for free.

Edited by cyberfarang

On 5/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, LannaGuy said:

San Sai is a really nice place to live but you will get FAR greater value not buying in a Moo Baan

Why is value better than buying in a village?

Maybe try to stay a little bit on topic , considering topic is about one particular moobahn - Wararom Kaewnawarat, and not about property ownership and all its formats.

Not much useful info. for the poor OP so far :sad:

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I am a retiree expat in Thailand and have been with my Thai girlfriend for many years. She wants us to officially marry and buy (with my money of course) her brother`s land and house. No way. I would never put my money into a project whereas others would benefit and I would always be vulnerable relying on the goodwill and trust of other people.

You're wise. There are many ripoff cases where the 'wife' kick off the farang owner once the house is in her name. Search for cases in Youtube.

There are many money diggers in Thailand who is only after your money

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why is value better than buying in a village?

The price of village houses are known from the outset because of the price the builders sells them for, over time the price increases based on what nearby  (almost identical) properties sell for, as the price of one increases so they all increase at the same rate, +/- 2% or so. Individual properties are stand alone items and the price of one can almost never be compared to its neighbour, there is therefore much greater flexibility in the pricing.

Sorry, back on topic, please feel free to delete if necessary.

Edited by simoh1490

Just now, cmsally said:

Maybe try to stay a little bit on topic , considering topic is about one particular moobahn - Wararom Kaewnawarat, and not about property ownership and all its formats.

The location of Wararom Kaewnawaratoff is excellent and near to Warorot compared to a lot of places.

The houses are excellent and beautiful.

If you can afford it, please go ahead as it is a lovely place.

Like what others said, as foreigners we can't own land in Thailand, how is he going to buy one?

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The location of Wararom Kaewnawaratoff is excellent and near to Warorot compared to a lot of places.

The houses are excellent and beautiful.

If you can afford it, please go ahead as it is a lovely place.

Like what others said, as foreigners we can't own land in Thailand, how is he going to buy one?

Read the thread from the beginning Eric.

2 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

Interesting.  Never heard of anyone using that solution.

Is the tabien ban in your girl's name?

And what province are you in?

It's standard... my Chanot has my name on it and I detailed earlier about the 3 Steps to Heaven

step 1...  you find a house to love...  and take out a Usufruct for Life with your name on chanot

step 2...  the house falls in love with you... and you get a Will in your favour

step 3... you kiss and hold it tightly... and get a pre-signed PoA undated

that sure seems like heaven to me...

(apologies to Eddie Cochran)

16 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

It's standard... my Chanot has my name on it and I detailed earlier about the 3 Steps to Heaven

step 1...  you find a house to love...  and take out a Usufruct for Life with your name on chanot

step 2...  the house falls in love with you... and you get a Will in your favour

step 3... you kiss and hold it tightly... and get a pre-signed PoA undated

that sure seems like heaven to me...

(apologies to Eddie Cochran)

When your dream ends up in court, you will surely be disappointed. :sad: All of the advice given by people in a similar vein is absolutely dancing around the law. Quite frankly, judges HATE when people think they are more clever than they are; especially farangs who can't own property here in the first place. :sleep:

2 minutes ago, elektrified said:

When your dream ends up in court, you will surely be disappointed. :sad: All of the advice given by people in a similar vein is absolutely dancing around the law. Quite frankly, judges HATE when people think they are more clever than they are; especially farangs who can't own property here in the first place. :sleep:

haha you think you know it all give me ONE case where this has happened and you know loads of judges do you?  :passifier:

28 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

because Moo Baans are always smaller plots and 30% at least more expensive 

But don't you have more security in a Moo Baan than as a stand alone house and also use of the Moo Baan facilities? I like the idea of buying a standalone with the greater area of land that comes with it, but I also have concerns about security. 

4 hours ago, GarryP said:

But don't you have more security in a Moo Baan than as a stand alone house and also use of the Moo Baan facilities? I like the idea of buying a standalone with the greater area of land that comes with it, but I also have concerns about security. 

Exactly. And in my experience Thais will want that security. My girlfriend will not consider a standalone house. And her family definitely don't want her to live outside a moo baan.

So now we live in a condo in Nimman.

With something that resembles 'security', ie. a dude with some sort of uniform who sits on a chair outside the building. 

Just make sure you don't end up in a moo baan where they've brought the security budget back to such low levels that it's pretty much non-existent. 

That will ruin your day.

Edited by Bassosa

On 5/22/2017 at 10:49 AM, steven100 said:

so your relationship isn't very rock solid  ......:whistling:

I see another possible angle: why is she saying buy her brothers land with house (in her name and your money)? Is it a long-term plan for her clan to own numerous properties. After all there are hundreds of land with house for sale in the greater CM muang area.

A farang buddy here in CM had a twist of this, he was willing to buy land and house (not cheap) but suddenly his wifes' family claimed strongly that by Thai law the chanut had to be in the name of her eldest brother.

They pushed for the farang to pay for the property quickly with the eldest brothers' name on the chanut.

Farang got some legal advice indicating there is no such law or any similar law and no past tradition in Thailand like this, Farang's wife and her brother insisted that the lawyer was wrong.

End result, farang divorced from his wife with the minimum possible settlement. Luckily no kids. 

On 5/21/2017 at 2:11 PM, LannaGuy said:

San Sai is a really nice place to live but you will get FAR greater value not buying in a Moo Baan

Depends on how you define "value."  While it's certainly cheaper to buy some random piece of land to build a house on, you're taking some risk.  Some guy next to you can decide to open a karaoke bar or a fertilizer plant and you're screwed.  At least in a residential moo baan, you can be reasonably sure that it stays a residential moo ban. 

Edited by Berkshire

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Depends on how you define "value."  While it's certainly cheaper to buy some random piece of land to build a house on, you're taking some risk.  Some guy next to you can decide to open a karaoke bar or a fertilizer plant and you're screwed.  At least in a residential moo baan, you can be reasonably sure that it stays a residential moo ban. 

"At least in a residential moo baan, you can be reasonably sure that it stays a residential moo ban." Wrong!

7 hours ago, elektrified said:

"At least in a residential moo baan, you can be reasonably sure that it stays a residential moo ban." Wrong!

correct, many of them struggle and fail to succeed at it

13 hours ago, Berkshire said:

indeed and I did not buy some piece of 'random' land myself... research, research and more research.

On 5/23/2017 at 10:58 AM, GarryP said:

have you ever lived in a mooban?  I have and there are some very top end expensive moo baans (land and house) with great gate security but 90% moo baans have some old guy sitting in a  box opening the gate. Facilities yes it's true you can get a pool and gym and maybe even a club house but all my houses have pools anyway and i hate gyms. I live on over 400 wah and it was the same sort of price as living on 120 wah plot in a moo baan where you are meters from the next house - you choose

a song for you:

Edited by LannaGuy