Super quick UK visa application - worth doing?

Visitor: supporting documents guide
This guidance explains the documents you may need to provide in support of your application to visit the UK. 
All documents must be originals and not photocopies

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

Yes, but as experience has shown, print-outs of bank statements have been accepted. Hopefully the OP will update the thread with his result.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, but as experience has shown, print-outs of bank statements have been accepted. Hopefully the OP will update the thread with his result.

My wife's friend had a UK Visitor Visa refused 2 months ago, because her boyfriend sent online printouts of his bank statements.

(He was sponsoring the trip)

The refusal notice made reference to the fact they were copies and not original documents, along with copies of other documents.

They made another application, last month with his original documents posted from the UK. The Visa was granted.

I cannot explain why you were successful with copies, I can only quote that the guidance notes stipulate all documents must be originals.

My wife's friend had a UK Visitor Visa refused 2 months ago, because her boyfriend sent online printouts of his bank statements.

(He was sponsoring the trip)

The refusal notice made reference to the fact they were copies and not original documents, along with copies of other documents.

They made another application, last month with his original documents posted from the UK. The Visa was granted.

I cannot explain why you were successful with copies, I can only quote that the guidance notes stipulate all documents must be originals.

Thanks. It would be interesting to know if others have been successful using printed out copies. As I said, my now wife's application was successful last year and she's applying again next month. Hopefully as they know we all live in Thailand, copies of UK bank statements will continue to be acceptable. God knows how long it would take to get originals sent from the UK!

I never had an issue with online printouts for my wife's two visit visas back in 2015 but I did get them stamped by Santander for her settlement visa and for FLR.

It depends what it says on the statements I think. With Santander I can download transactions for a set period and the full account and my name and address don't appear. If I download the full statements they have the full account number and my name and address on. On my old statements from 2014 and 2015 there was an "online statement" watermark running through the back of each PDF. My latest statements have got rid of them and there is only a small piece of text stating that they are online.

I printed mine on my laser printer and you wouldn’t know the difference between the originals and the copies without that small "online" text that appears.

• Like 1

I have done 10 VV applications for my partner, each time I have printed out statements from my online banking app.Never had a single query(or application rejected, apart from the very first one, which was rejected due to length of relationship).

These are not photocopies, so perhaps they are treated as originals.

• Like 1

I agree that online bank account print outs should be acceptable.  I also submitted 3 years P60's and 6 months wage slips that are all printed from online documents as that is the only format they exist. If I wanted to forge a document I could do it just as easily from an original as from an online print out so I don't see the point.

Visa application was submitted Friday so I will let you know the outcome asap. If it is successful we won't know it the bank statements were ok or if they were not but the combination of financial documents was deemed acceptable. 

SUCCESS

The wife now has a nice shiny new UK visa in her passport. 

Big thanks to everyone here for their excellent advice.

One more question : It appears to say the visa is a multiple entry visa. Is this correct?

If so then we may pop over to Europe for a few days.

SUCCESS

The wife now has a nice shiny new UK visa in her passport. 

Big thanks to everyone here for their excellent advice.

One more question : It appears to say the visa is a multiple entry visa. Is this correct?

If so then we may pop over to Europe for a few days.

Congratulations. Good to know that copies of bank statements are still accepted.

Unfortunately the visa is only multiple entry for the UK so popping over to Europe won't work unless she gets a Schengen visa.

Hope she enjoys the trip.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Most if not all UK Visas are multi entry which does mean you can pop over to Europe, don't forget the UK is in Europe..

For the vast majority of countries she will need to apply for a Schengen Visa, best to apply for it, via the Consulate for the country you hope to visit, before you leave Thailand. 

Most if not all UK Visas are multi entry which does mean you can pop over to Europe, don't forget the UK is in Europe..
For the vast majority of countries she will need to apply for a Schengen Visa, best to apply for it, via the Consulate for the country you hope to visit, before you leave Thailand. 

"does mean"?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

"does mean"?

Yes, but I worded my reply badly.

The UK is indeed in Europe but as the UK isn't in the Schengen Area the the OP's wife will need a separate visa if she wants to "pop over Europe", but more importantly she can return.

Sorry if my reply was confusing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RC8 said:

Usually valid for 6 months, multi entry, 180 day maximum stay.

Your wife can spend 180 days in the UK in one visit, or she can have multiple visits of lesser periods up to the 'until' date.

I have found some threads about schengen visa for spouse of uk national.  They are free (my favourite price) and quick. There seems some confusion over whether you can just turn up on the eurostar in Paris and gain entry. If possible that would be ideal. 

Is this a viable proposition ?

5 hours ago, RC8 said:

I have found some threads about schengen visa for spouse of uk national.  They are free (my favourite price) and quick. There seems some confusion over whether you can just turn up on the eurostar in Paris and gain entry. If possible that would be ideal. 

I intend trying it with my wife soon.

In our case we were married in the UK so have a UK marriage certificate. We also have EHIC cards that allow us to access healthcare when in the EU.

The following was used to go to Amsterdam a few months ago. Apparently it's even easier on Eurostar.

We boarded the flight to Amsterdam and i thought of what i was going to say to the immigration officer on arrival. I decided i would give our evidence incrementally and only if it was required so i could advise you all what is and is not accepted.

We had our marriage certificate, translation of marriage cert, bank statements, council tax bills and driving licences with us to show that we were married and living at the same address. I also had the Directive 38 both in English and Dutch ready to show them of our rights.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-family/index_en.htm

5 hours ago, RC8 said:

It is indeed possible a number of people have done so, however I take the view that it's sometimes less stressful to get a Schengen Visa in advance.
We're planning a side trip to the Schengen Area whilst visiting in the UK in December, my wife applied for a visa via the Danish Consulate on Wednesday of last week, it was issued on Friday, valid for a year and free of charge.

My wife just got her 3rd UK visa.

6th October I submitted a letter of sponsorship  with copies of my passport/visa pages and copies of my bank statements.

A letter offering accommodation during the trip from my parents.

Copies of marriage certificate,house book,chanote,ID card,copy of letter from wifes employer stating salary

her old and new passports..as we need to be in the UK by the 15th

I paid the extra 8549 baht  for "Priority" service   :sad:      got an SMS on the 9th October to come collect passport. crikey that was quick !!

All documents I submitted where copies and none in Thai where translated to English.

the staff at VFS did ask some questions but there was no questioning from the Embassy.

40 minutes ago, johng said:

All documents I submitted where copies and none in Thai where translated to English.

the staff at VFS did ask some questions but there was no questioning from the Embassy.

So in reality the IO's aren't following their own guidance then;

If you submit a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office.  Each translated document must contain:  

-confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document  

-the date of the translation  

-the translator's full name and signature  

-the translator's contact details

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

Maybe they didn't need any of the Thai language documents ?
I dont know but find it hard to believe they would have just excepted her passports.
Also I forgot to mention that I also submitted copies of my parents council tax and phone bill even though it specifically says not to in the guidelines document. The only documents signed where offer of accommodation,support letter and the actual visa application.