Van crashes into street sweeper on Bangkok tollway, 2 dead

webfact

Van crashes into street sweeper on Bangkok tollway, 2 dead

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

VANCRASH-696x517.jpg  

Photo: JS100Radio / Twitter

BANGKOK — At least two died at about noon on Monday when a public transportation van crashed into a street sweeper on a Bangkok tollway.

The van was en route from the Navanakorn Industrial Estate in northern metro Bangkok to the Victory Monument when it struck the street sweeper on the Don Mueang Tollway near the Din Daeng exit. At least two people in the van were killed in the crash, and several were injured.

Full story:   http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/05/22/van-crashes-street-sweeper-bangkok-tollway-2-dead/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-22

But.. wasn't the seatbelts the number one cause of accident and road deaths ? .. how strange that even with this new legislation accidents and deaths still happen ..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Two killed, several injured after passenger van crashes into truck

By The Nation

a2e7ce831068edcfd400d3cbbd9c39a7.jpeg

Photo from Twitter @A_Pluem:

BANGKOK: -- A passenger van crashed into a road-cleaning truck on the Don Muang-Din Daeng Tollway at just after midday on Monday, killing two passengers and injuring several others.

The accident happened on the Din Daeng-bound road, about one kilometre before the Din Daeng exit.

Police said a female passenger was hurled through the windscreen of the van and died at the scene. A male passenger who was trapped inside the van also died.

The injured were treated at nearby hospitals.

The accident caused traffic gridlock on the inbound tollway.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315935

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-22

Looking at the other photo (on the linked site) I'm amazed anyone got out in one piece.

Those sweepers travel relatively slowly with just the large warning lights on the back, no cover vehicle. The warning signs on the road do (usually) show a lane closed but how many take notice of them?

And of course it was a van, so travelling at Mach-3.

kind of shuts up the van drivers saying none of the new rules were needed, here we see the deaths caused by an idiot van driver  and not wearing seat belts as prescribed in the new law. The driver needs to have the book thrown at him, driving dangerously and not making his passengers wear seat belts thats if they were even fitted

"A passenger van crashed into a road-cleaning truck on the Don Muang-Din Daeng Tollway at just after midday on Monday, killing two passengers and injuring several others."

Didn't I just read how lowering the speed limit was going to save lives? 

Let's face it. These drivers are dangerous at any speed. 

Edited by jaltsc

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Looking at the other photo (on the linked site) I'm amazed anyone got out in one piece.

Those sweepers travel relatively slowly with just the large warning lights on the back, no cover vehicle. The warning signs on the road do (usually) show a lane closed but how many take notice of them?

And of course it was a van, so travelling at Mach-3.

and they often show the WRONG LANE CLOSED, seen this many times, sign says left hand lane  closed and when you get there its the right or  vice versa..............guess having 2  choices confuses the operator

Another idiot van driver on the roads. If you want to stay alive avoid the minivans .  

Did he fall asleep ? Overspeeding ? Drugs ? Pick your choice . 

Last week my gf asked me to visit her brother at the Ramathibodi Hospital, against my better judgement we took a van and the exact same route, Navanakorn to Victory Monument.

It's been six months since I've been in one of those vans and I can tell you nothing has changed, no seat belts and a feeling of complete vulnerability as the van hurtled down the highway.

Today we are visiting her brother again and yes I drove this time, and never complained about the traffic or finding a parking place !!

Van ? Never, ever again !!

"A passenger van crashed into a road-cleaning truck on the Don Muang-Din Daeng Tollway at just after midday on Monday, killing two passengers and injuring several others."

Didn't I just read how lowering the speed limit was going to save lives? 

Let's face it. These drivers are dangerous at any speed. 

Forward control vehicles. Sitting in the front you are in great danger, worse, as in Thailand, if you're not wearing a seat belt.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Another idiot van driver on the roads. If you want to stay alive avoid the minivans .  

Did he fall asleep ? Overspeeding ? Drugs ? Pick your choice . 

most  likely PHONE, Wife went in a few vans and said the entire journey was spent with the driver on the phone on MANY occasions, she hasnt used them  for a long time since

Two dead as speeding minivan slams into cleaning truck on Don Mueang tollway

bkk.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Two people were killed as a speeding minivan tailgating a pick-up ploughed into a municipal cleaning truck on the inbound lane of the Don Mueang tollway in Din Daeng yesterday.

Witnesses said that the minivan was going very fast behind the pick-up. The pick-up pulled out into the right hand lane and the minivan followed, reported Daily News.

The pick-up swerved to avoid a cleaning truck but the Toyota Commuter minivan drove straight into the back of the Isuzu truck.

The driver of the minivan 31 year old Niphon Srijan-in and a female passenger, Jureerat Jongjitklang, 33, were both pronounced dead at the scene.

Three people were injured.

The minivan was plying the express route between the Victory Monument and Nawanakorn north of Bangkok.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-23

Failed to see the huge green thing ,with flashing lights,in front of him !,

looks like he was traveling at a good click,judging by the damage caused,

RIP to those dead,looks like this is never ending,no matter what laws and

regulations the Governments puts in force.

regards worgeordie

55 minutes ago, bdenner said:

The good PM can enforce maximum Minivan Capacity, Seat Belts and the like. - BUT - unless he has mystical powers he will never do anything about STUPIDITY!

well yes he can, less subs better schools, or actually tackle the massive rorting going on in the edu system. yes long term and gradual but it still is.

and companies not picking young hot head low iq thai males for drivers in the first place would help.

I can picture the scene:
The van is pushing the pickup to go faster in the left lane , the pickup moves to the right lane and the van accelerates thinking he now has a clear road ahead..........NOT !!
I live near to the no. 1 highway north out of Bangkok ( close to where the van originated ) and I see it daily, it's like wacky races out there.
I don't know if these guys have a tight schedule or are trying to squeeze one more " run " in before home time .
I don't know what the answer is but the so called reforms made recently ( what reforms ? ) have done nothing to improve safety.

35 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I can picture the scene:
The van is pushing the pickup to go faster in the left lane , the pickup moves to the right lane and the van accelerates thinking he now has a clear road ahead..........NOT !!
I live near to the no. 1 highway north out of Bangkok ( close to where the van originated ) and I see it daily, it's like wacky races out there.
I don't know if these guys have a tight schedule or are trying to squeeze one more " run " in before home time .
I don't know what the answer is but the so called reforms made recently ( what reforms ? ) have done nothing to improve safety.

Wrong picture, try again.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Enlighten me.
I am happy to be corrected if you have some more information .

Read the news article (post 18) and enlighten yourself.

20 hours ago, jaymbkk said:

But.. wasn't the seatbelts the number one cause of accident and road deaths ? .. how strange that even with this new legislation accidents and deaths still happen ..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Speed and playing on the Phone is a deadly combination RIP

So often in thailand you see this type of tailgating...

one car car following another at high speed with inadequate breaking distince..

the lead car swerves and the following car not paying attention to road conditions with speed unable to respond to avoid a collision...

if the driver had lived, would have been charged with involuntary manslaughter had this scenario occurred in usa....

why is this important? Because it directly impacts how we drive in America and elsewhere...

it's called proper driver education and aware of enforcement/punishment consequences...

no sympathy for the driver...he took another innocent life....so selfish

Edited by cardinalblue