End for Kodi users in sight

nbm47

I got my exodus repo from the simplycaz repo…works well so far.

Meanwhile, 1Channel and SALTS are no longer being maintained by tknorris. 

They are now available under the K3l3vra repo as this bloke has taken over their development.

Only problem is they don't work too good….get an error in salts that url resolver did not load.

Edited by JHolmesJr

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dish Network has filed suit in the U.S.. That is true. 

And yes, I am fully aware Kodi is legal software.  Ebay, Amazon, Facebook and others no longer allow advertising any Android TV box that is preloaded with Kodi.  

Edited by habanero

16 minutes ago, habanero said:

Dish Network has filed suit in the U.S.. That is true. 

And yes, I am fully aware Kodi is legal software.  Ebay, Amazon, Facebook and others no longer allow advertising any Android TV box that is preloaded with Kodi.  

No they don't prohibit to sell boxes that come preloaded with Kodi. Read post #145 to know what they not longer allow.

Below are 2 of the many listings on Amazon that clearly say in the Q&A that Kodi is preloaded

https://www.amazon.com/Amlogic-EXW-Pre-installed-Android-Lollipop/dp/B01EUARI9Q/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1497867587&sr=8-7&keywords=kodi

https://www.amazon.com/GooBang-Doo-Android-Marshmallow-Amlogic/dp/B01MZ8QCED/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497867587&sr=8-3&keywords=kodi

And they even sell tutorials how to install Kodi on their own product the Amazon fire stick.

https://www.amazon.com/Kodi-Ultimate-Jailbreak-Everything-Streaming/dp/1546423958/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1497867587&sr=8-12&keywords=kodi

Edited by janclaes47

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

No they don't prohibit to sell boxes that come preloaded with Kodi. Read post #145 to know what they not longer allow.

Below are 2 of the many listings on Amazon that clearly say in the Q&A that Kodi is preloaded

https://www.amazon.com/Amlogic-EXW-Pre-installed-Android-Lollipop/dp/B01EUARI9Q/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1497867587&sr=8-7&keywords=kodi

https://www.amazon.com/GooBang-Doo-Android-Marshmallow-Amlogic/dp/B01MZ8QCED/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497867587&sr=8-3&keywords=kodi

And they even sell tutorials how to install Kodi on their own product the Amazon fire stick.

https://www.amazon.com/Kodi-Ultimate-Jailbreak-Everything-Streaming/dp/1546423958/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1497867587&sr=8-12&keywords=kodi

Well, I guess Amazon lied to me. I wish I still had the notice from them. As a member of Prime with Amazon, they sent me a notice that Amazon will not be advertising the fact that boxes contain or can be installed with Kodi. 

Either way, I don't care. I am quite capable of loading any Android device with Kodi or anything similar to XBMC.  Any laptop will do also.........

The list is endless.

1 minute ago, habanero said:

Well, I guess Amazon lied to me. I wish I still had the notice from them. As a member of Prime with Amazon, they sent me a notice that Amazon will not be advertising the fact that boxes contain or can be installed with Kodi. 

Either way, I don't care. I am quite capable of loading any Android device with Kodi or anything similar to XBMC.  Any laptop will do also.........

The list is endless.

That's why I quoted post #145 by CraigT, as he posted the notice that Amazon will have sent you. Do you anywhere see the word Kodi?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?&nodeId=200277240

Products offered for sale on Amazon should not promote, suggest the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorized access to digital media or other protected content. Any streaming media player or other device that violates this policy is prohibited from sale on Amazon.

It is your responsibility to source and sell products that do not promote, promise the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorized access to digital media or other protected content. If you sell these products, we may immediately suspend or terminate your selling privileges and destroy inventory in our fulfillment centers without reimbursement. In addition, if we determine that your account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited.

35 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

That's why I quoted post #145 by CraigT, as he posted the notice that Amazon will have sent you. Do you anywhere see the word Kodi?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?&nodeId=200277240

Products offered for sale on Amazon should not promote, suggest the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorized access to digital media or other protected content. Any streaming media player or other device that violates this policy is prohibited from sale on Amazon.

It is your responsibility to source and sell products that do not promote, promise the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorized access to digital media or other protected content. If you sell these products, we may immediately suspend or terminate your selling privileges and destroy inventory in our fulfillment centers without reimbursement. In addition, if we determine that your account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited.

I think we are both saying the same thing, just in a different way.  Check out this add for Amazon.  No Kodi, but Kodi Addons.5947b394a3488_Screenshot(49).png.bede8bcaf9a3d6828559fcd7aa2aa1f2.png

5 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Could be not working because I'm on Exodus 3.1.11 and can't update now.  I'll try to update from another repository and let you know how it goes!

Have you tried the latest updated zip directly from the Exodus git.

19 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Could be not working because I'm on Exodus 3.1.11 and can't update now.  I'll try to update from another repository and let you know how it goes!

Mine is auto updating from Exodus or Kodil repos and now 3.1.18. Seems to work OK, no need for the Youtube non auto updating zip method mentioned by stubuzz above from Youtube link?

14 hours ago, userabcd said:

Have you tried the latest updated zip directly from the Exodus git.

I've got a build from a local guy.  He's pretty good and says by weekend, he'll have things sorted out...hopefully....as the dust continues to settle around this.

I tried to update Exodus, but can't get it to work and he suggests to wait a few days.  Interestingly enough, I was having problems exiting.  It was an RSS feed causing the problems, and due to that, some updates weren't installing properly.  So, killed the RSS feed, exited Kodi properly, and bang!  I've got HD content AND streams back on Exodus!  Woohoo! LOL

14 hours ago, stubuzz said:

You need to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI6C8QTjamg

I'm on build 16.  My "guy" said to hold off on upgrading to 17 just a bit.  His build is pretty big, lots of stuff going on.  I think he'll have an upgrade package ready for it in about a month.

This stuff is pretty complex.  I went with a complete package that came with support.  Sure glad I did that!  The response time from this guy is really good.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!  I'm off to watch John Wick 2 in HD just after lunch!

On 6/19/2017 at 1:18 PM, JHolmesJr said:

They are now available under the K3l3vra repo as this bloke has taken over their development.

I installed the repo from a zip but it will not connect to server when trying to install from the repository. Is the repo dead already?

The Noobs and Nerds repo has moved. It has heaps of good addons.

How to install the NoobsandNerds Repository

• From your Kodi Home Screen
  • Select Settings
  • Select File Manager
  • Select Add source
  • Select None, Enter: http://nan.aftermathwizard.net/nanrepo/, click OK
  • Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source, type NaN Portal, then select OK
  • Go back to your Kodi Home Screen
  • Select Add-ons
  • Select the Add-on Browser Icon
  • Select Install from Zip File
  • Select NaN Portal
  • Select noobsandnerds_repo.zip
  • Wait for Enabled Notification

You can now access your newly installed repository by going to Kodi home screen -> add-ons-> add-on browser -> install from repository.

You’ll find the noobsandnerds repository there and you can access the video, program, addon sections there.

The Noobs and Nerds repo has moved. It has heaps of good addons.

How to install the NoobsandNerds Repository
  • From your Kodi Home Screen
  • Select Settings
  • Select File Manager
  • Select Add source
  • Select None, Enter: http://nan.aftermathwizard.net/nanrepo/, click OK
  • Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source, type NaN Portal, then select OK
  • Go back to your Kodi Home Screen
  • Select Add-ons
  • Select the Add-on Browser Icon
  • Select Install from Zip File
  • Select NaN Portal
  • Select noobsandnerds_repo.zip
  • Wait for Enabled Notification
You can now access your newly installed repository by going to Kodi home screen -> add-ons-> add-on browser -> install from repository.
You’ll find the noobsandnerds repository there and you can access the video, program, addon sections there.

Any working live sports in there? I found sportsdevil installer, it needs community portal addon installed but isn't downloading

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Any working live sports in there? I found sportsdevil installer, it needs community portal addon installed but isn't downloading

Myself use 'Made in Canada' is good for live sports, will be watching F1 live today and rest of weekend.

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

SportsDevil does not seem to be working at the moment. It is offline as I posted on June 13.

Have you tried StreamHub?

And as Ignis has already said, MadeInCanada is also good for live sports.

Kodi Addons Taken Offline: Repo Online/Offline Status

by Admin | Jun 22, 2017 | Kodi News | 

Check out below for the latest status of Kodi addons taken offline, new repository homes, and the online/offline status of all your favourite Kodi repos.

Since the news broke last week that Dish Network was going after Kodi addons, there has been a lot of shuffling and tons of Kodi addons have gone offline, relocated, or still have an unsure future. Read the full list below of Kodi addons taken offline and the online/offline status of popular Kodi repositories.

Note that if you have these addons installed already, they will continue to function IF they are scraping websites on the internet for links. Playlist addons that require developers to maintain on a daily basis can be taken down instantly.

If you want to check for yourself, you can visit the repository of the addons below by following our instruction guides and you will see that the directories are currently empty. If you try to install the addons in Kodi, you will likely find the same thing.

Updated June 22nd

• Fusion (central repository) – Offline – After the Dish Network news broke, fusion went offline. There is no news on its future.
  • Blazetamer (Velocity) – Offline
  • Bubbles addon – Online
  • DandyMedia (DandyMedia, 1080p Addons, Film Emporium, HEVC, etc) – Online
  • Echo (Documentaries, Sportie, Echo Guide, etc) – Offline
  • EvolveOffline forever – Per Goliath’s Twitter: “So as of today i decided to pull Evolve and Reaper. This is to make way for a new addon that will be in goliath repo, will keep u updated”
  • Exodus – Intermittent – Exodus moved into its own repository, then went offline a day later. Check back for status updates.
  • Made in CanadaOnline
  • Metalkettle (Decado Documentaries, Sports Mix, TV Mix, Happy Movies, Gobble, etc) – Offline
  • Motor Replays addon – Online
  • Mucky Duck (M4U, FMovies, 123Movies, etc) – Online
  • Natko (Castaway) – Offline
  • NoobsAndNerds (Bob, Elysium) – Online.
  • One242415 – Offline forever – The addon is official being shut down forever. Straight from One242415 in his addon: I am removing my addon for good. It was a hell of a ride for me. First starting off with Navi-X, then with Mashup, then with Phoenix, and for two months with my own add-on. Thank you all for supporting One242415!! PS: I will not be back I’m closing down for good! This addon will be closed within a few days
  • Planet MMA addon – Online
  • PodGod Repo (cCloud, Pro Sport) – Offline
  • Shani (Zem TV) – Offline
  • Sportsdevil – Offline. Future uncertain.
  • K3l3vra (SALTs, 1Channel) – Intermitten – The status of SALTs and 1Channel is tied to Exodus above.
  • Xbmchub (USTVNow, Velvet Hotdog, Phoenix) – OfflineXbmchub is still in the fusion central repository, so its status is tied to the status of Fusion above.
    • Phoenix – Offline forever 
  • UK Turk – Online – New repository. Click here to install
  • Ultimate (Ultimate IPTV) – Offline
  • Vortex – Online – New repository. Click here to install.
  • XunityTalk (Easynews, iStream, Football Replays) – Online but moved. iStream has moved into Mucky Duck’s repo above and a few others like BBC, TV Player, UKTV Play, and Football Replays have moved into NoobsandNerds.

Read the full story from KodiTips here.

29 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I wonder why they keep reporting Ultimate IPTV as offline, because it hasn't gone offline and is updated every day.

Maybe because it was part of the Fusion repository?

Just now, Jai Dee said:

I personally have not tried the Ultimate IPTV addon... is it any good?

I think it's pretty good but you have to consider that the playlist work only for about 24 hours, so it doesn't makes sense to save them in favourites, but every day new playlists are added anyway.

There are filter settings in the addon where you can filter which channels you're searching for.

SportsDevil does not seem to be working at the moment. It is offline as I posted on June 13.

Have you tried StreamHub?

And as Ignis has already said, MadeInCanada is also good for live sports.

I tried installing madeincanada using the instructions in the link below. Repository gets installed but then "could not connect to repository" comes up, no add on there. Has it moved? I tried a vpn that didn't work. Streamhub looks great thanks.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That didn't seem to help. Maybe its the mic repository, using one of the links above i installed 1.0.0 , can't be the most recent?

If you install it from the KodiTips repository you should get version 2.1.

The SimplyCaz repo has version 2.0.

Capture_56.jpg

If you install it from the KodiTips repository you should get version 2.1.

The SimplyCaz repo has version 2.0.

Capture_56.jpg.755ac581e0057a4ecb4738eb96e77b70.jpg

Madeincanada didn't install using koditips, no idea why but its ok streamhub is good so I'll use that if my other sources arent working, thanks.

I did notice Exodus stopped working with TrakT for me, I was on version 3.1.16.  Seems the latest version, 3.1.19 (which also got TrakT working again) is only available via the Ares Project for which you need to install their wizard.  It was suggested to delete the previous Exodus version before adding the Ares version.  The TrakT account details were saved when I opened the new version but I had to reset and re-authorise it to get it back working.

Given that SALTS seems did I'm giving Specto Fork a go as the back up add-on.

Edited by SooKee