Two years on, thugs who brutally attacked car driver in Nakhon Pathom still on the run

snoop1130

Two years on, thugs who brutally attacked car driver in Nakhon Pathom still on the run

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1BavwVG9PH2Og9G3x8Sh2zUsvVmLY.jpg

Violent attack on car driver in Nakhon Pathom - but it turns out it was two years ago

Violent footage of four men attacking a driver in Nakhon Pathom was reported as fresh news stating the attack had took place on May 18th.

But Thai Rath online found out that the footage was in fact from May 18th in 2015.

The case was reposted after nothing has happened to bring justice to the man who was attacked. He has claimed that the case involves "a person of influence".

From the original story it was stated that the assailants in a pick-up claimed they had been chasing the car that had a male driver and a female passenger.

They caught up with the car when it was obliged to stop when a power pole had come crashing down in a storm blocking the road while electrical engineers attended to the scene.

The men then got out of their car and set about the man with fists and kicks leaving him unconscious beside his car.

The assailants claimed he had abducted the woman who was known to one in their group.

The statute of limitations has not run out but there has been no progress in the case at all, said Thai Rath, who said that the victim was afraid to speak out publicly because of an influential figure involved in the case.

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/949150

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-5-22

Why is there a 'statute of limitations' on violent crimes in Thailand? I think that in most civilised countries there is only a 'statute of limitations' on white collar crimes and in many no 'statute of limitations' at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me, after reading about the 'Red Bull' case, that if you hide for long enough then all is forgiven and no-one can touch you. I always thought that murder was murder, assault was assault etc etc and if you 'got away' Mr. Plod just kept on looking for you, no matter how long. Maybe 'cooking the books' might be a little different. 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The statute of limitations has not run out but there has been no progress in the case at all, said Thai Rath, who said that the victim was afraid to speak out publicly because of an influential figure involved in the case.

Yes the 3 year old message seems to be working on her. Don't make waves.