No True Adsl In C Mai?

ultspnch

Hi! I now have a TRUE adsl internet account at my home in Bangkok. When I went to see them about my move to C Mai they said 'we do not have adsl 'upcountry.'

Thus they said I must cancel my account and later make a new account in C mai, and the adsl modem they 'loaned me' that I am now using will be no good in C Mai.

This seems amazing to me, is it true, only 'dial up' internet with TRUE in C Mai?

If you necessarily want DSL, the providers available in Chiang Mai are TOT and TT&T (for the actual phone lines) - each of them has a number of ISP packages on offer apart from their own.

TT&T for example offer their own MaxNet in different flavours, and also CS Loxinfo, CAT Hi Net, and KSC ADSL.

I used to have TRUE cable modem up until 1 year ago and was *very* pleased with it. It was the best connection I have been on in Thailand. It seems a lot of people signed up lately though, which may have decreased the speeds - you'd have to ask Calibanjr and others how their speeds to compare to other people's DSL to make sure.

Also, TRUE's cable modem network is not available over the entire city. Supposedly it stretches westwards from the river, covers the entire moat area and then continues up Huay Kaew Road all the way to Chiang Mai University, including Nimanheimin Rd - but is not available on Suthep Road on the other side of CMU - at least this is the last info I heard.