Questions about Non-Immigrant Visa category “B-A” (Business Approved Visa)

The granting of such visa to qualified applicants is under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok.  The applicant’s associated company in which he or she will invest in or conduct business with may apply for this type of visa on behalf of the applicant at the Office of the Immigration Bureau.  Once the application is approved, the Immigration Bureau will advise the concerned Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Consulate-General via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue the visa to the applicant.  The holder of this category “B-A” visa will be permitted to stay for a period of one year from the date of first entry into the Kingdom. (Source point 2.2) 

Does anyone know what the exact procedure is to receive this Visa? What documents does the company need to provide to the Immigration Bureau? How will the alien enter Thailand (does he need to apply for this visa in his country of origin)? Costs for the company or the alien?

Any info on this type of Visa will be appreciated. ;-)

I have no idea what is required to apply for it. I don't recall a post by anybody ever getting one.

If it is a single entry visa the fee would be 2000 baht. If multiple entry it would be 5000 baht.

I do not know a huge amount regarding the Non B-A visa, although I believe it is intended for people who will invest money in to a Thai business that is not covered under BOI (if it is BOI then the visa type is a non IB and those can be up to 8 years duration!) and the B-A type is normally initially applied for by the business that you intend on investing in to, they apply for pre-approval at the immigration office in their district (though this may be passed to the immigration head office in BKK), once the approval is granted, then it passed to the Embassy overseas where you will collect the visa. As far as I know, it is a one year ME visa and is not intended for working in Thailand in the work permit sense.

Immigration should know the exact documentation needed by the company here for the pre-approval, I imagine it is a lot!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

Immigration should know the exact documentation needed by the company here for the pre-approval, I imagine it is a lot!!

Any idea where I could find the prerequisites? Or whom to contact? Does immigration have a decent English email address so I can ask for more information?

3 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

Any idea where I could find the prerequisites? Or whom to contact? Does immigration have a decent English email address so I can ask for more information?

The immigration office in the area where the company in which you are going to invest is located.