Where's Junta No. 2 Prawit? Govt Won't Say

Where's Junta No. 2 Prawit? Govt Won't Say

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

23-8-696x475.jpg

An undates file photo of deputy junta chairman Prawit Wongsuwan (Matichon)

BANGKOK — The junta’s second-in-command hasn’t been seen in public for over a week now, and the government is mum on his whereabouts.

Questions about deputy junta chairman Prawit Wongsuwan grew sharper after the 71-year-old was nowhere to be seen in the aftermath of Monday’s bomb attack on an army-owned hospital. Gen. Prawit, whose oversight includes national security, is a frequent fixture in the media and usually among the first to weigh in on such matters.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/05/24/wheres-junta-no-2-prawit-govt-wont-say/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-5-24

16 minutes ago, kkerry said:

Overseas being treated for Meniere's disease according to the other newspaper.

if true: i had this , it is a relatively simple treatment involving histamine; no need to go overseas; long flights alone would acerbate it

14 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

if true: i had this , it is a relatively simple treatment involving histamine; no need to go overseas; long flights alone would acerbate it

Good for you. But having suffered from a disease does not make you an expert for it.

One patient is not like the other. While some with Meniere get back to normal within days some respond well to a simple treatment - others cannot be treated successfully at all

Edited by sweatalot

9 hours ago, bannork said:

Can this really not be treated at Bangkok's finest hospitals?

Maybe when they say they are world class this is for the international audience and tourism but they aren't good enough for thais.

He is to be applauded. Such nobility of spirit - freeing up resources in the under pressure domestic health system by going abroad for treatment.

Well done I say.

"Ménière's disease (MD) is a disorder of the inner ear that is characterized by episodes of feeling like the world is spinning (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), ..."  wiki

I believe that Prawit ought to have had a chat with our old friend Chalerm Yubamrung. He was always in possession of good quality "ear medicine".

Get well soon general, "ear today, gone tomorrow" as they say."

13 hours ago, bannork said:

Can this really not be treated at Bangkok's finest hospitals?

Not good PR if he country can't handle such a case or bring in some help, even for somebody that presumably has a lot of money resources at his command

11 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"Ménière's disease (MD) is a disorder of the inner ear that is characterized by episodes of feeling like the world is spinning (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), ..."  wiki

I believe that Prawit ought to have had a chat with our old friend Chalerm Yubamrung. He was always in possession of good quality "ear medicine".

Oh very good - well remembered that man!

13 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I saw an article this morning that said he was in England (I think) for some type of medical treatment.  Who knows?  Better yet, who really cares? 

England, I would have had my money on Munich.

13 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Perhaps it was the long flight to Hawaii that exacerbated the problem. Karma at work!

It seems unusual for such a senior "government" official - he's basically #2 - to remain unaccounted for.

At the very least, they should have a decent cover story, which holds up.

The following has been published in the local press:

Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwon will be back at work Thursday after being treated for Meniere's disease in a hospital in Europe, according to a source.

Gen Prawit, 72, who oversees national security, has been away since May 16.

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

He may have found help at home consulting the country's most famous expert for "ear medicine".

16 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I saw an article this morning that said he was in England (I think) for some type of medical treatment.  Who knows?  Better yet, who really cares? 

Given the UK government's odd approach to its availability, probably on the NHS.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Gen. Prawit, whose oversight includes national security, is a frequent fixture in the media and usually among the first to weigh in on such matters.

So true also makes it so odd that he has disappeared from view. Miss his endless fire breathing comments. A living example of the fact you cannot take the army out of the man. 

Edited by elgordo38