Iconic American Harley Davidson Motorcycles to be Made in Thailand

webfact

I read through this topic, but could not see any specific information about what people thought or knew about:-.

1. What are the models of Harley that will be assembled here.

2. What is the possible reduction in price due to the removal of the import duty.

I assume the 60 percent import duty will disappear, but that does not mean that the saving will be passed on in its entirety to the buyer.

I looked at buying a standard Fat Boy a few years ago and was horrified to see the cost at around 1.2 Million Baht. They are now even more expensive, 1.4 million baht I have just read.

I was just not prepared to pay that for ANY bike.

However, if the price were nearer 900K - then I would be very interested.

In fact I used to have a Dyna in the UK some years ago and would consider buying 1 of those again. A nice ride and easier to ride around Pattaya where I live. Current price 1 Million baht - maybe this could drop to what - 700/800 baht.

As I would not buy a bike now until my 65th birthday in 2 years time, I will have time to ride it a lot then, this factory could be just perfect timing for me.

I wonder if we can make advance orders ? I cannot see dealers being keen to do this though as they will want to sell new HD's at the higher price for as long as they can. Who will buy them though - if they think the price will reduce in 2 years time ?

A lot of questions here - any thoughts would be appreciated!

I am going near the Harley dealer in Pattaya this afternoon. I will pop in and see what they have to say.

Edited by dsfbrit

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, RigPig said:

All I can say is... More Harleys, More beutiful sounding loud torquey V twin engines, More long hair and beards with people shunning the norms of society and not giving a toss about the consequences, can ONLY be a good thing !!

Oh dear......if that happens, does that mean that they will have to rip off the 1% badge and sew on a 2% badge?

More off-topic troll and argumentative posts have been removed from this thread.

Last public warning... keep up the trolling and you will receive a posting suspension from the Forum.

Thin-Ice-630x418.jpg

Being the one who just looks at Bikes these days ,I must say only the Road King has the WOW factor. If you've been to Stugis n not left as A Harley Fan , your a rare breed .Its a Bucket List visit , even if it pisses down on your day , like we had. Can't see why there's so much bickering about an Icon.?[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 2017-05-27 at 10:14 PM, harleyclarkey said:

Here we go again...yet another stupid uneducated comment.

Monster touring torque, comfort, utter reliability, supreme passenger comfort (no knees in your chin) , luggage space......what did I forget?

...here's an update for ya...

* Harley-Davidson Inc. is voluntarily recalling about 57,000 of its iconic motorcycles because of an oil line that can come loose and spray oil onto the path of the rear tire.

Causing two crashes and one injury.

* Harley-Davidson reported a 14% decline in revenue in the first quarter, as retail sales fell in the U.S. and overseas. The company said pricing of used motorcycles was under pressure amid high inventory levels.

* Sales in the Asia Pacific region fell 9.3%, hurt by weak demand in India and China. That was partially offset by a 24% jump in sales in Latin America. Sales have missed estimates for the last two quarters.

Keep on Barking boys.....

Edited by HaleySabai

7 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

...here's an update for ya...

* Harley-Davidson Inc. is voluntarily recalling about 57,000 of its iconic motorcycles because of an oil line that can come loose and spray oil onto the path of the rear tire.

Causing two crashes and one injury.

* Harley-Davidson reported a 14% decline in revenue in the first quarter, as retail sales fell in the U.S. and overseas. The company said pricing of used motorcycles was under pressure amid high inventory levels.

* Sales in the Asia Pacific region fell 9.3%, hurt by weak demand in India and China. That was partially offset by a 24% jump in sales in Latin America. Sales have missed estimates for the last two quarters.

Keep on Barking boys.....

Geez man......What's your point?? 

Read the papers...hear the news..

Toyota are the best built cars on the planet and they recall cars nearly on a monthly basis. As have nearly every other brand such as Merc.... BMW.... Honda....Volvo. These "reliable" makes sound familiar? 

://www.yourmechanic.com/article/10-most-recalled-car-brands-by-jason-unrau

It is well known to those who follow events that the sale of Harleys is directly related to the world economy. 

Save up man and buy a Harley.....the bike, not the company,  is worth it!