Pattaya to monitor flood areas around-the-clock

Rimmer

Pattaya to monitor flood areas around-the-clock

1243-n7sewer1.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Pattaya will monitor streets and drainage canals around-the-clock to keep on top of flooding during rainy season, Mayor Anan Cha­roen­chasri said.

Anan met May 17 with city council members and department chiefs to discuss flood issues after the latest round of storms. Flooding damaged a number of properties and bogged down traffic.

City workers were told to monitor streets, sewers and drainage canals 24 hours a day for the next several months and send immediate help to stricken residents. Meanwhile, engineers were instructed to continually dredge canals and drainage tunnels in and around the city.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-monitor-flood-areas-around-clock-175704

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-05-26

So what do they mean by monitoring, pay a guys to sit around with a mobile phones to call in if the area they are monitoring floods, wont work a because the phone lines to City Hall will be jammed by angry residents.

More importantly what will they do if when it does flood???

10 minutes ago, Basil B said:

So what do they mean by monitoring, pay a guys to sit around with a mobile phones to call in if the area they are monitoring floods, wont work a because the phone lines to City Hall will be jammed by angry residents.

Maybe,   paying  some guy to sit around playing Face book and Line.

that would be correct monitoring.

They'll monitor the flood level so they can compare it with the next 5 rainy seasons.  Then, they'll form a committee to study the information, and imp!ement a 5 year plan to reduce the flood level.

I can't wait for the published result.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

They'll have a special number. Maybe they won't use lines but mobiles. You can probably figure out how this might work if you wanted to.

Pay attention: send immediate help to stricken residents. Sounds all to the good, esp. if you're the stricken resident. Now our peanut gallery can sneer that they're NOT going to that, 'cause they KNOW, but why don't we just wait & see? I mean, Thai authorities have helped flood victims in the past, now haven't they. Now how did they do it then? [left as homework]

1 hour ago, Beachdude said:

It's amazing to me that after eons of lurching between drought and flooding that some way hasn't been devised to manage the water situation. 

That's going to continue. And thanks for sharing. Next.

I was a victim of flooding last night, riding home with my family on the scooter and it stalled on 3rd road due to flooding.

When I pushed it to less deeper water there was City workers ready to assist but I got my scooter going again and rode home.

This part of northern end of 3rd road is always flooding when heavy raining because its sitting quite low compared the surroundings.

Been like that for the last 10 years and it will likely also be like that in the future as it will be very expensive to fix.