Police attempt to prevent suicide bid

webfact

Police in bid to prevent suicide bid

By The Nation

5fb1f8a8d47439c906341f69319d31cb.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Police are trying to talk a man to safety who is threatening to kill himself by jumping from his apartment's ninth-floor balcony in Soi Lat Phrao 138.

The man who works as a foreign language teacher at a Bangkok tutoring school, has threatened to kill himself over the stress of a broken relationship.

Police continued to negotiate with the 31-year-old Ratchaburi native at press time. He has repeatedly ignored their pleas to step back to safety and officials put out an emergency air mattress beneath him, said Pol Major Manadech Manaem of Lat Phrao police station.

Police say the man was suffering from depression and was seen crying at the building's top balcony twice before. He has been standing at the ledge since 8am.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316396

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-26

8 minutes ago, hobobo said:

Leave the air mattress and walk away. His choice of having a "bungee jump" style adventure, or "hard mattress" feel. He's wasting everyone's time 

but then he'll go down and then back up ...

I guess his Thai gf broke it off because there wasn't enough money coming through to her each month.  Police just need to get another thai girl from a bar nearby and take her up to him,  then talk and she can say he's a hansum man and I lub you and some other things and then he will come down and he will forget his other one.

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I guess his Thai gf broke it off because there wasn't enough money coming through to her each month.  Police just need to get another thai girl from a bar nearby and take her up to him,  then talk and she can say he's a hansum man and I lub you and some other things and then he will come down and he will forget his other one.

Or join that other group of Thai men who kill their girlfriend if she dares to leave him. Quite a lot of them in the last few weeks on TV

11 hours ago, hobobo said:

Or join that other group of Thai men who kill their girlfriend if she dares to leave him. Quite a lot of them in the last few weeks on TV

Some careful consideration needed here I can see, before he jumps to a decision

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

The second person to comment on this topic and already the bashing has started.

Just because it's a broken relationship doesn't automatically mean a bar girl was involved. You really ought to leave the hookers for a while and try to meet and associate with some "normal" women. You'd be amazed at the difference. Assuming of course that you can actually find one who'd put up with your constant barrage of idiotic, meaningless, bitter comments. 

Not every (Thai) woman is a gold digger. Unless you know the EXACT story may I suggest you keep your garbage comments to yourself. 

You're like a <deleted>' broken record! 

Edited by djayz

4 hours ago, djayz said:

The second person to comment on this topic and already the bashing has started.

Just because it's a broken relationship doesn't automatically mean a bar girl was involved. You really ought to leave the hookers for a while and try to meet and associate with some "normal" women. You'd be amazed at the difference. Assuming of course that you can actually find one who'd put up with your constant barrage of idiotic, meaningless, bitter comments. 

Not every (Thai) woman is a gold digger. Unless you know the EXACT story may I suggest you keep your garbage comments to yourself. 

You're like a <deleted>' broken record! 

your correct ,  not every thai women is a gold digger. Actually I love thailand so i'm not really a thai basher... more just a joke on bar girls.  I like Thailand more than anywhere else .. and respect many things Thai.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

your correct ,  not every thai women is a gold digger. Actually I love thailand so i'm not really a thai basher... more just a joke on bar girls.  I like Thailand more than anywhere else .. and respect many things Thai.

Ok. I may have over-reacted slightly, especially in light of the fact that you now speak positively of the place. 

I was more annoyed with your comment because a person was so desperate/depressed that he was considering taking his own life. 

Apologies for the harsh comment.