Sensus in talks for smart grid needs in Pattaya

snoop1130

Sensus in talks for smart grid needs in Pattaya

By The Nation

bd20d85310d37705ae9e417fea29cbcf.jpeg

Garry Cox, vice president for the strategic customer team for Europe, the Middle East and Africa and the Asia- Pacific at Sensus, led meetings in Thailand this week as the company prepares its offer for a smart grid pilot project in Pattaya.

The project, scheduled to start in 2018, would provide wireless meter technology to 100,000 homes and small businesses in Pattaya in cooperation with the Provincial Electric Authority. 

Sensus recently won a tender in the UK to outfit 10 million homes and small businesses with wireless meters, and executives of the company hope to duplicate this success in Asia-Pacific.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/30316406

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-26

smart grid pilot project

You will need some smart people to drive this first

Success in the UK, HO HO HO what a load of bulls rear end stuff. Smart meter as long as you do not fit it Two guys turned to fit ours and decided that the trapdoor to allow access under the house for maintenance and been there since year dot had to be sealed. I then asked him how if needed could we access the lower level, he said rip up main floor that cost a fortune to install.

I smiled and suggested they leave, they said not yet as meter not installed, I said? and they left, The meter is rubbish sat on my table tonight looking like it fell on the floor a few times after drinking heavy spree.

Smart meter, yep just as smart as the old bill in your neck of the woods.

The UK smart meter project was not exactly a roaring success as many of the early smart meters fitted may not be compatible with the newer systems, and the cost of buying and fitting each smart meter is huge anyway: tens of times that of a basic meter such as one can buy here.

In Thailand it's easier and cheaper just to employ an ordinary simple person to read the ordinary simple meters.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The UK smart meter project was not exactly a roaring success as many of the early smart meters fitted may not be compatible with the newer systems, and the cost of buying and fitting each smart meter is huge anyway: tens of times that of a basic meter such as one can buy here.

In Thailand it's easier and cheaper just to employ an ordinary simple person to read the ordinary simple meters.

Smart meters have a well known reputation of causing many

peoples electric bill to double or triple or even quadruple

the month after they are installed....

I will spare you all the gory details,but you can google it..

The conspiracy theory is the overcharging is what pays

for the expensive smart meters..  

Edited by fforest1

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

One of the big problems is that if someone changes supplier the new supplier can not remotely read or control the smart meter already fitted.

4 minutes ago, Basil B said:

One of the big problems is that if someone changes supplier the new supplier can not remotely read or control the smart meter already fitted.

Well that shouldn't be much of a problem in Pattaya as there is only one electricity supplier

37 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Smart meters have a well known reputation of causing many

peoples electric bill to double or triple or even quadruple

the month after they are installed....

I will spare you all the gory details,but you can google it..

The conspiracy theory is the overcharging is what pays

for the expensive smart meters..  

I certainly do not think Smart meters are inaccurate, I would say the issue is with so many companies supplying electricity and gas in the UK that it is no longer the case of a meter reader going house to house and now suppliers asking users to send in their readings, if there is no reading the supplier will estimate, if the estimate is high the user will soon respond but if it is low they just keep stum , so if/when the meter is changed then the discrepancy is added to the account.