Food And Non-food Items That Can't Be Found In Thailand

brahmburgers

If this topic interests you, check out my blog titled 'THAI TALK' hosted by Thaivisa. Simply go to top of this forum page and click 'blogs' on the next page, do a search for blogs starting with the letter 'br' ...which will bring you to 'brahmburgers' which is the 'handle/name' I use. A few non-food items that can't be found here are already posted there. You're encouraged to add your thoughts - particularly things that might make good additions to the Thai marketplace - Examples: an organic additive that renders exterior paints resistant to black mildew - or a steam cleaning biz that cleans mattresses for hotels.

Another theme that relates to the above, is how Thais so readily adapt certain western ways and traits .....but more often than not, it's un-pretty traits they embrace (like commercialized Christmas) . How much better to add positive influences such as bulletin boards, cooperatively run organic markets, and...?

Post your thoughts on my blog, and let's see what ensues.

I'm cravin' White Castle hamburgers, brahmburgers

no problem, I'll order up a dozen and get then shipped parcel post to your address. What do want on it? Ketchup you can get here in Thailand, decent mustard is difficult to find, and if you want a sliced dill pickle, you'll have to put your sleuthing skills to work, as there are but a very few rare outlets in Thailand that stock decent pickles.

I'm cravin' White Castle hamburgers, brahmburgers

I too have the occasional craving for some sliders, AKA gut bombs. I googled 'White Castle' recipes and found some recipes for same. I tried one and they were pretty close. Pretty simple to make. Probably would have tasted exactly the same if it had been 2AM and I had been drinking beer all night. That was the time when I usually ate sliders oh so many years ago back in the states...

Edited by qualtrough

If this topic interests you, check out my blog titled 'THAI TALK' hosted by Thaivisa. Simply go to top of this forum page and click 'blogs' on the next page, do a search for blogs starting with the letter 'br' ...which will bring you to 'brahmburgers' which is the 'handle/name' I use. A few non-food items that can't be found here are already posted there. You're encouraged to add your thoughts - particularly things that might make good additions to the Thai marketplace - Examples: an organic additive that renders exterior paints resistant to black mildew - or a steam cleaning biz that cleans mattresses for hotels.

Another theme that relates to the above, is how Thais so readily adapt certain western ways and traits .....but more often than not, it's un-pretty traits they embrace (like commercialized Christmas) . How much better to add positive influences such as bulletin boards, cooperatively run organic markets, and...?

Post your thoughts on my blog, and let's see what ensues.

Boerenkool

J

Hey bro.

I feel like a big feed of hangi food aye.

giz us a taste fella. :-)

Just dig a hole and dump some stuff in there and put a fire on top.

Drink all the beer you like while you wait and it'll taste just like home aye brother.

Might have some trouble finding a sheep, but there are some good substitutes. :o If in doubt just keep drinking beer. I'm told Chang tastes like DB after the second six pack.