The week that was in Thailand news: Thai and British rhetoric – same-same but different.

rooster59

On 5/27/2017 at 10:33 PM, wakeupplease said:

If you are British, please do not take your pension anymore as these young ones pay for it.

Pensions are paid out of the National Insurance Fund (NIF)  which pensioners have contributed to during their working life.  Currently it stands at 24,547,000,000 GBP. Young people pay into that fund now and take it back when they retire. Young people do NOT pay for the pensions of the old. If governments have mishandled this fund and it is insufficient to pay pensions then it is the fault of those governments not the pensioners or the younger people. The only responsibility of the people is that they elected the governments.

On 5/27/2017 at 7:21 PM, rooster59 said:

whole electoral process in Thailand could be off again due to some nutter with nails and nitrate.

That's handy.

On 5/27/2017 at 7:57 PM, Laab Muu said:

If you think that blowing yourself up at a concert mostly attended by children is a brave act, then your definition of brave is very different to mine. It was an absolutely cowardly act, far from brave. Maybe you are cowardly too though, and so see this act as being a one of braveness? It could explain it, though I don't know you.

You should try to understand that cowardice and bravery aren't useful words. Rather childish to bicker about it... The intention isn't to support the act, but merely to frown upon the meaningless rhetorical statements trolled out in every instance...

You just wish to condemn them - fine. These people have an altered mental state, they are not a part of society - and being 'apart' from society means they do not have empathy. This means that what they do causes less guilt - but if bravery isn't about willingness to sacrifice yourself in the interests of what you believe, then I don't know what is.

If you start to study this subject, then you will see something far more frightening... when you're asking questions like 'how can they do this?' and cannot possibly answer 'why might I do this?' or 'how could I be changed into someone who could do this?'

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

Pensions are paid out of the National Insurance Fund (NIF)  which pensioners have contributed to during their working life.  Currently it stands at 24,547,000,000 GBP. Young people pay into that fund now and take it back when they retire. Young people do NOT pay for the pensions of the old. If governments have mishandled this fund and it is insufficient to pay pensions then it is the fault of those governments not the pensioners or the younger people. The only responsibility of the people is that they elected the governments.

Really? Sorry - it appears you didn't understand the joke. Try an internet search 'devil's advocate' and then 'tongue in cheek'.

On 2017-5-28 at 10:15 AM, klauskunkel said:

To me, it seems that "blowing yourself up" for whatever cause or leader, is just utterly stupid and not at all brave. The real cowards, however, are the ones behind the scene, who never risk or give their own lives, but instead find and brainwash idiots to do it for them.

I think 'Forwards, he cried from the rear' covers it.

2 hours ago, mikiea said:

boo hoo  , waaa waaa .   worry about your own welfare before you mention the perpetrators of death , misery , and mayhem ....i can see you never served and are not well traveled . armchair liberals... or is it bar stool liberals  like your self live in a fluffy cocoon of your own values . thats ok , we need all types . 

Impressive a world traveled fortune teller in need of a tuneup. Your rant is showing. Yes we need all types in this Bable-on world. 

4 hours ago, mikiea said:

boo hoo  , waaa waaa .   worry about your own welfare before you mention the perpetrators of death , misery , and mayhem ....i can see you never served and are not well traveled . armchair liberals... or is it bar stool liberals  like your self live in a fluffy cocoon of your own values . thats ok , we need all types . 

I served mikea, way back when the shah was in power in Iran. I recall seeing West German polizei armed with sub machine guns guarding Turkish embassies and consulates. I recall when we had friendly Syrian rendition sites gaining tortured confessions. My nephew was one of the rangers that rescued the survivors of "blackhawk down" in Somalia. He was one of the first victims of a roadside bomb in Iraq II. His foot was rebuilt at Walter Reed and he returned. We both agree there is nothing wrong with showing sympathy for victims of war & other tragedies.  Too bad it is all for the ill gained profits for the owners of the DIC, (defense industrial complex) who also own the majority of the US Congress. Quite often we in the west are perpetrators of death misery & mahem. All for the wealthy masters to make more profit. Open your eyes and stop being their tool. 

2 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I served mikea, way back when the shah was in power in Iran. I recall seeing West German polizei armed with sub machine guns guarding Turkish embassies and consulates. I recall when we had friendly Syrian rendition sites gaining tortured confessions. My nephew was one of the rangers that rescued the survivors of "blackhawk down" in Somalia. He was one of the first victims of a roadside bomb in Iraq II. His foot was rebuilt at Walter Reed and he returned. We both agree there is nothing wrong with showing sympathy for victims of war & other tragedies.  Too bad it is all for the ill gained profits for the owners of the DIC, (defense industrial complex) who also own the majority of the US Congress. Quite often we in the west are perpetrators of death misery & mahem. All for the wealthy masters to make more profit. Open your eyes and stop being their tool. 

I agree humans are cannon fodder for the defense industry. Their product must be used up so that they can replace it and of course charge the government. Its a vicious circle where humans are expendable. Humans are targets. Without humans the defense industry would collapse. Today with some humans its like shooting fish in a barrel. 

5 hours ago, ben2talk said:

That's handy.

You should try to understand that cowardice and bravery aren't useful words. Rather childish to bicker about it... The intention isn't to support the act, but merely to frown upon the meaningless rhetorical statements trolled out in every instance...

You just wish to condemn them - fine. These people have an altered mental state, they are not a part of society - and being 'apart' from society means they do not have empathy. This means that what they do causes less guilt - but if bravery isn't about willingness to sacrifice yourself in the interests of what you believe, then I don't know what is.

If you start to study this subject, then you will see something far more frightening... when you're asking questions like 'how can they do this?' and cannot possibly answer 'why might I do this?' or 'how could I be changed into someone who could do this?'

Perhaps he was just desperate, in a society where alpha males, those with higher status and financial capacity, monopolize the females leaving beta males without mating options. The beta males are then convinced by Islamic doctrine that 72 virgin females will be awaiting to satisfy all of their sexual needs when they arrive, and being left with limited to no other mating options, they gladly blow themselves up out of sheer desperation to copulate.

21 hours ago, louse1953 said:

I think that a suicide bomber,blowing himself up for his beliefs,is definetel braver than a lad sitting on a ship 2000klms from the front lines never to fire a gun in anger,just guide drones around the world and blow up people that might be guilty plus collateral damage.Both totally wrong, but one goes to die the other goes for breakfast the next morning with out a worry in the world

Quite sure if any of the WW2 bomber crews were here today you might get an arguement.

22 hours ago, louse1953 said:

I think that a suicide bomber,blowing himself up for his beliefs,is definetel braver than a lad sitting on a ship 2000klms from the front lines never to fire a gun in anger,just guide drones around the world and blow up people that might be guilty plus collateral damage.Both totally wrong, but one goes to die the other goes for breakfast the next morning with out a worry in the world

I would like to hear how you would solve it, probably by handing the keys to the nation direct to the terrorists by the sounds of things

I support the guys who go to breakfast, I just wish they would be allowed to fight and end it once and for all like they did in the 40's. Just remove the scum off the face of the earth. There is no difference between these people today and Hitler.

22 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Really? Sorry - it appears you didn't understand the joke. Try an internet search 'devil's advocate' and then 'tongue in cheek'.

Joke...was it?. Didn't see anything but an untruth. Try searching internet for "How to write a joke"

Well, Cigarette Ask, mixed with a Little bit of Water, ... and then scrub softly with your Finger, gets rid of Rings made by Hot Coffee cups in Varnished Tables, ... so I have been told !!! ... Maybe the Guy with the Bhudisised Car Bonnet, could try that ???