Pattaya so much more than sex - so long as you're up at 6am Sunday!

webfact

Pattaya so much more than sex - so long as you're up at 6am Sunday!

7pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

PATTAYA: -- A sporting event organized by the Tourism Authority aimed to show that Pattaya is more than just a sex town - it can attract high level sportsmen and women.

But you needed to be up at 6am on Sunday to see the start of the Pattaya Triathlon Tour Series 2017 on Beach Road outside the Hard Rock Café, reported Pattaya News.

Some 2,500 Thai and international competitors competed for 900,000 baht in prizes at the event organized by Pattaya authorities, the TAT, Toyota and Panthamit.

Athletes did a 1.5 kilometer swim in the sea, rode a 40 kilometer cycle and ran for 15 kilometers.

Competitors came from many countries such as Australia, New Zealand and Japan, said Pattaya News.

Thai tourism authorities have been trying to promote the image of Pattaya as a sporting hub and place for families after detrimental news from foreign media earlier in the year dubbed it as "the sex capital of the world".

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-29

57 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Its still the sex capital of the world.  Who are these high level triathletes who risked their million dollar careers to swim through raw sewage, oil and floating garbage?

... and precariously making their way down to the water's edge avoiding broken bottles, nameless gunge, condoms and toilet paper.

Edited by cooked

14 minutes ago, cooked said:

... and precariously making their way down to the water's edge avoiding broken bottles, nameless gunge, condoms and toulet paper.

and then cycling and running on the most dangerous roads in the world

4 hours ago, webfact said:

after detrimental news from foreign media earlier in the year dubbed it as "the sex capital of the world".

Perhaps the foreign media should report on Pattaya's polluted waters instead of hassling young women who have mouths to feed.  And perhaps TAT should just stop bringing up the subject.   The whole thing is just so mind numbingly stupid.

2 hours ago, cooked said:

... and precariously making their way down to the water's edge avoiding broken bottles, nameless gunge, condoms and toilet paper.

Screw the garbage swimming I will just watch it from a bar with a drink in one hand and an arm around a sexy girl.

Just now, just.a.thought said:

It would be interesting to test what is actually in the water after a heavy downpour. It would have to be by an independent lab though......

Don't bother just ask the TAT lady who will tell you its the cleanest water in the world as world athletes just swam in it and of course the worlds no 1 knocking shop  resort

I'm up till after 6am on a Sunday morning at the clubs dancing & clubbing away. Could be there until 7am or so ;) Always nice to walk out of the clubs then go for a nice stroll down the beach when the sun's up and not too many peeps walking on the sidewalks :)

3 hours ago, Paul Collins said:

I'm just getting into bed around that time :smile:

You seriously go to bed at 6pm at night??? I would only do that if I wanted to be fresh to hit the clubs around 11pm ;)

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'm lookin for sex at 6.00am on a sunday ...  :shock1:

That would be before you take your daily walk to the 7-11 for your daily carry out which will soon get you plastered, eh Steven.:burp: