Singapore’s Trillion Global gives thumbs up to Thai property market

Singapore’s Trillion Global gives thumbs up to Thai property market

By The Nation

4944c1e29f7365e5f298ae9ff2d356e5.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Singapore’s leading real estate investment company Trillion Global, which has investment portfolios in many countries around the world, has given its stamp of approval to the property market in Thailand.

The company has formed a partnership with Singha Estate and has investments in condominium projects in the country worth Bt1.66 billion.

Trillion Global's managing director William Loke said that Thailand has the potential to become a regional hub for Asean investment while property prices in Thailand are still reasonable and not too high compared with other countries. 

"We believe investment opportunities in Thailand will yield good returns in the future. Trillion Global started a partnership with Singha Estate with an initial purchase of a large block of units in THE ESSE Asoke condominium project worth over Bt900 million – an investment which received very good responses when our company went on roadshows in Asian countries such as China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore, ” he said.

The company recently decided to invest an additional Bt760 million in Singha Estate’s new development, THE ESSE at SINGHA COMPLEX – a luxury condominium project. THE ESSE at SINGHA COMPLEX has also been very well received by foreign investors thanks to its prime location on the Asoke-Petchaburi Intersection, which is popular with foreigners. 

In addition, the project is part of the SINGHA COMPLEX, a flagship mixed use development by Singha Estate.The only regret is there was not enough units available for our buyers, said Loke.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30316607

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-29

i am done. i would never buy a property in thailand again. the market at best can only be called stagnant. hardly anyone can get a mortgage to buy property and even if they could they would only buy new. the condo market is probably even worse than houses. condo owners often dont pay their fees or the management companies simple pocket any fees that are paid. not to forget the legal minefield of not being actually legally able to own land and dealing with the corrupt land office. 

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i am done. i would never buy a property in thailand again. the market at best can only be called stagnant. hardly anyone can get a mortgage to buy property and even if they could they would only buy new. the condo market is probably even worse than houses. condo owners often dont pay their fees or the management companies simple pocket any fees that are paid. not to forget the legal minefield of not being actually legally able to own land and dealing with the corrupt land office. 

Curious what you bought and where?

1 minute ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

2 houses and 2 condos in pattaya. made my money back on the houses if you dont account for inflation but lost out on the condos.

Oh ok.  I have properties on the proposed Pink line.  If it ever gets built, I will do ok.  They started doing soil samples a few days ago.  I bought with Supalai and Sansiri for the condos, and the house is rising rapidly in price.  They will all be very close to the train stop.  We will see~fingers crossed...

18 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

2 houses and 2 condos in pattaya. made my money back on the houses if you dont account for inflation but lost out on the condos.

Why Pattaya? Hoping for good and steady rental income?

2 minutes ago, trogers said:

Why Pattaya? Hoping for good and steady rental income?

i lived in pattaya for 9 years. during that time i bought 2 shop houses and chopped them into apartments. i realized quickly the rent was not worth the hassle and managed to sell them. i then bought 2 condos to join together to live in. 5 years later they are still not finished and i have 2 young kids. i dont want them to grow up in thailand so i dumped the condos for a loss. i still have a business in thailand which is on a downward slide so i will probably close it soon. will be nice to have nothing left in thailand. i will probably retire back to thailand but i will rent everything and live out of a kiwi ATM card. thats how to truly enjoy thai life.

22 minutes ago, Redline said:

Oh ok.  I have properties on the proposed Pink line.  If it ever gets built, I will do ok.  They started doing soil samples a few days ago.  I bought with Supalai and Sansiri for the condos, and the house is rising rapidly in price.  They will all be very close to the train stop.  We will see~fingers crossed...

well good luck with that. the developer was demanding final payment for  my 2 condos which were pretty much finished but had no titles. 5 years to build and i suspect the bank is holding the titles against money borrowed. has happened to guys i know on other projects. they have paid for condos but dont have titles.

I love the way these property snake oil salesmen, masquerade as journalists calling themselves "webfact"......Can't argue with "Facts", can you? The Thai property market is guaranteed to make you a trillionaire. All you have to do is buy buy buy

Edited by Time Traveller

14 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i lived in pattaya for 9 years. during that time i bought 2 shop houses and chopped them into apartments. i realized quickly the rent was not worth the hassle and managed to sell them. i then bought 2 condos to join together to live in. 5 years later they are still not finished and i have 2 young kids. i dont want them to grow up in thailand so i dumped the condos for a loss. i still have a business in thailand which is on a downward slide so i will probably close it soon. will be nice to have nothing left in thailand. i will probably retire back to thailand but i will rent everything and live out of a kiwi ATM card. thats how to truly enjoy thai life.

Location, location and location.

A common mistake being made by many who buys to stay, or to speculate, is to ignore locations demanded or not demanded by prospective tenants.

When issues return back to the basics, the property is only worth the rental it can or cannot generates, or rental yield.

Many from HK and Singapore tend to only look at prices in comparison to home, but forget that the very limited govt controlled supply of development land is the very reason why property prices there don't dive downwards. The same would not be guaranteed in this market.

Edited by trogers

15 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

well good luck with that. the developer was demanding final payment for  my 2 condos which were pretty much finished but had no titles. 5 years to build and i suspect the bank is holding the titles against money borrowed. has happened to guys i know on other projects. they have paid for condos but dont have titles.

That sucks.  All the projects are finished now, and they are quite nice.  Thai people like to move into new places because nobody takes care of anything.  Lazy and cheap

Beer company trying to make money out of their area of expertise.  Both these Esse projects are on Asoke Road.  It is a complete nightmare now for traffic and these projects will add over 1000 people to the area.  Dumb money from Singapore.  Some Thais will be rich then it will implode and end in tears.  Run away screaming.

1 hour ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Beer company trying to make money out of their area of expertise.  Both these Esse projects are on Asoke Road.  It is a complete nightmare now for traffic and these projects will add over 1000 people to the area.  Dumb money from Singapore.  Some Thais will be rich then it will implode and end in tears.  Run away screaming.

Dumb money from Singapore. Dumb, because they didn't ask why Capitaland from Singapore pulled out of this market 5 years ago, and why CDL stopped further investment on new condos after their first, the Millennium Residence.