Video: Russian couple resist arrest in Pattaya alcohol stop

webfact

Just imagine what these two muppets would have got if they pulled this stunt in Russia?swapping drivers,resisting arrest, female bites police. Real class act. Love the pony tail on a supposed grown man?? Hope they both get a severe going over. Then taken to the airport never to return

Edited by maccastime
Spelling mistake

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If he wants soldiers why not hand him over for an intense attitude correction.

Scum.

Scum - rather harsh don’t you think? He might be a member here.

I wonder why you are so judgmental. Did you understand what he was saying?

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Had he pulled the same crap back home, he'd have the living shit beat out

of him, thrown to a cold cell for plenty of time to come to his senses,

smart arse who thing that he's a ' tourist '.....

A shout out to the cops in Thailand then. Maybe that's why he likes living here.

3 hours ago, Radar501 said:

"......She is expected to be charged with drink driving while the man will face charges of resisting arrest......."

Resisting arrest?......Exactly what offence was Comrade Ruski being arrested for in the first place?   

I very much doubt it is legal to switch seats at a traffic stop and pretend to be the driver when you were not.

4 minutes ago, maccastime said:

Just imagine what these two muppets would have got if they pulled this stunt in Russia?swapping drivers,resisting arrest, female bites police. Real class act. Love the pony tail on a supposed grown man?? Hope they both get a severe going over. Then taken to the airport never to return

You don't have any clue what they are going to get. We'll have to wait until the matter has been settled in court. Possibly short jail terms and fines. The lady will have a criminal assault charge too for biting several people.

They will have their visas revoked, be required to post bail (at least 100k each) and given temporary stays until the next court hearing. After that, they could be deported but will have trouble getting visas if they are not.

The only thing they should be concerned about now is finding a good lawyer willing to go head on against the police. That won't be easy.

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

You don't have any clue what they are going to get. We'll have to wait until the matter has been settled in court. Possibly short jail terms and fines. The lady will have a criminal assault charge too for biting several people.

They will have their visas revoked, be required to post bail (at least 100k each) and given temporary stays until the next court hearing. After that, they could be deported but will have trouble getting visas if they are not.

The only thing they should be concerned about now is finding a good lawyer willing to go head on against the police. That won't be easy.

Doesn't sounds like there is much to 'go head on with the police'.

21 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

He was just messing with them to show you need 4 guys to handcuff one Russian beast :)

They need tasers.I like to see those resisting do the "chicken ".  after a jolt or two.

3 hours ago, Radar501 said:

"......She is expected to be charged with drink driving while the man will face charges of resisting arrest......."

Resisting arrest?......Exactly what offence was Comrade Ruski being arrested for in the first place?   

Resisting arrest.

Except for that low life woman it was all very civilised!

I am often surprised at the cops (bad and all as they are) calm and patient attitude when other forces (think the USA) would just pull their guns, scream, roar and shout and then see eight fat, obese cops pile onto the subject and sometimes smother them to death.

The Ruski was also a calm dude ....for the size of him. When/where did he learn his Thai??

1 hour ago, claffey said:

I disagree. It shows a professional non confrontational way to arrest drunk people. In the good old US of A they would've been shot dead or beaten to a pulp. Well done to the boys in brown for arresting these drunk drivers in as peaceful a way as possible.

I agree. Thai police, in general, are much more polite and reasonable than what I expect back in the US. They try to proceed with minimal physical confrontation. They prefer (in general) to resolve matters without going to the station and creating loads of work for everyone. But GOD HELP YOU if you cannot work with them in the same fashion.

In the US, it is not likely you would have been shot. Or beaten to a pulp. But you certainly would not have been tolerated for as long as the Russian was here, and you certainly would have been eating asphalt and chicken tied in short order. The US police are far more militant, which is sad, as most times it is unwarranted. In their defense, they do have to deal with far more unpredictable perps than the Thai police do. It is hard to blame them for the level of fear and mistrust.

48 minutes ago, tropo said:

If I don't have any clue what they will get. Do you

4 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Perverting the course of justice and refusing to follow the directions of police officers....did you not read the article?

Officer Dutsadee who was in charge of the checkpoint said that the woman had been driving before they swapped over. So both were arrested.

Edited by onthesoi

I don't like the comments about his T shirt and pony tail even if its not my thing. Neither of them looked smashed and he spoke clearly and she walked well in heels. I'm not sure why he was being arrested other than the comment of him switching seats. Either way I doubt they will remain in jail too long and likely pay their way out of this problem through fines. I'm a little worried on how the police are protecting themselves though. 

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

He was just messing with them to show you need 4 guys to handcuff one Russian beast :)

Lol.... all the while I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if he had decided to actually resist... to go a-Viking on them

now that would have been a video worth watching!

41 minutes ago, maccastime said:

If I don't have any clue what they will get. Do you

I have a clue, yes. It was all mentioned in the post you're replying to. You're welcome to debate any points I made.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Who's the scum? He was a cool as a cucumber - respect

Yes i agree. he gave a token resistance to the arrest but was careful not to push it too far. He tried to stop his woman getting charged with drink driving. Something many people would of done here if in the same position

I am not a lover of  Russian attitudes/mentality but you cannot judge every book by it's cover as its said

I am sure with hindsight he will regret resisting the small amount that he did and excepted his fate

Bad people of all nationalities  but he certainly does not strike me as one of them

42 minutes ago, Harold the Great said:

I don't like the comments about his T shirt and pony tail even if its not my thing. Neither of them looked smashed and he spoke clearly and she walked well in heels. I'm not sure why he was being arrested other than the comment of him switching seats. Either way I doubt they will remain in jail too long and likely pay their way out of this problem through fines. I'm a little worried on how the police are protecting themselves though. 

She looks drunk. Russian friends viewed it and say the same...and worse.

42 minutes ago, Harold the Great said:

Unfortunately, you can't pay your way out of problems with fines. You're probably referring to bribes.

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

Attempting to pervert the course of justice by pretending that he was the driver?

Section 138 Whoever, resisting or obstructs an official or a person required by law to assist such official in the due exercise of his functions, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or fine not exceeding two thousand Baht, or both.

I'm glad you posted this response, JamJar, as even the most idiotic of imbeciles would surely understand that Big Bad Ivan was attempting to pervert the course of justice by swapping places with the drunken driver, and shouldn't need to ask such a dumb question in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

We will never hear the outcome I doubt  

You can if you want to. All the information will be available to the public at the Provincial Court. They were there this morning, posting bail.

11 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

Yes i agree. he gave a token resistance to the arrest but was careful not to push it too far. He tried to stop his woman getting charged with drink driving. Something many people would of done here if in the same position

I am not a lover of  Russian attitudes/mentality but you cannot judge every book by it's cover as its said

I am sure with hindsight he will regret resisting the small amount that he did and excepted his fate

Bad people of all nationalities  but he certainly does not strike me as one of them

It wasn't just the resistance. He also insulted and lied to the police. 

There was a person of sufficient rank at the police stop. So to suggest that he would not answer to anyone but the NCPO was just one of many insults.

Then to suggest he had some pull at soi 9. They didn't swallow his BS and he was thrown in the clink.

If he didn't want "his woman" to be charged with drink driving, he should have driven himself or called them both a taxi.

If you think that it is ok for them to be driving drunk, then nothing more needs to be said.

4 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Well having worked on booze buses in Australia, if someone approaches a site and stops and swaps seats, the person getting in the drivers seat may be charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.  He/She is then also deemed to be a driver or in charge of a vehicle and will be required to undergo a breath test along with the passenger/person they changed seats with.

images-8.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Well having worked on booze buses in Australia, if someone approaches a site and stops and swaps seats, the person getting in the drivers seat may be charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.  He/She is then also deemed to be a driver or in charge of a vehicle and will be required to undergo a breath test along with the passenger/person they changed seats with.

images-8.jpeg

Dark tinted windows are not legal in Australia. Done swiftly, it could be pulled off here in Thailand where drivers are often not visible from outside the car.

Edited by tropo