• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Indeed! Turkeys voting for Christmas!

A hung parliament looks good right now......

I would just find it so amusing if the Tories had the most seats but could only get an overall majority with LibDem support.

On 31/05/2017 at 7:24 PM, RuamRudy said:

I wonder has he been planning this all along, practicing and rehearsing in secret? Regardless of how TM reacts, she looks bad over this - if she agrees to participate, it will seem that he is calling the shots; if she doesn't now appear, she is branded a coward.

I gave up in believing what the polls say. For every poll that shows one thing there is another showing something different.

The only absolutely correct poll will be the election result on 9th June.

I can wait until then.

On June 1, 2017 at 2:38 AM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

More of the doom and gloom as forecast immediately after the Brexit vote, which did not materialise.  Britain has been successful before without the EU and will be again. There will be substantial compromises on both sides in the Brexit negotiations, as, contrary to your beliefs, the EU does not hold all the cards, as time will tell.  Britain is leaving the EU, not applying for membership, so it is unrealistic for the EU to set the ridiculous pre-conditions presented so far.

It, Brexit, hasn't happened yet has it. I'm old enough to remember that Britain was in fact in poor shape prior to the E.U. 

9 hours ago, pegman said:

Don't be so sure. Change is in the air. The young people of Britain  may save the day yet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/poll-puts-labour-17-points-10544627

But London isn't the UK no more than Bangkok is Thailand.

I gave up taking notice of the polls years ago.

The only accurate poll report will be the one on 9th June.

11 hours ago, pegman said:

It, Brexit, hasn't happened yet has it. I'm old enough to remember that Britain was in fact in poor shape prior to the E.U. 

Throughout my adult years Britain was in 'poor shape' one way or another, including the years when we were part of the EU.....