Battery only charging to 50%

Last year, I purchased a tablet/phone with dual-operating system (Android/Windows 10).
The tablet was working fine, but somewhere in time, the tablet refused to load the battery more than 50% (Windows 10 and Android).
The battery shows only 1 scheme: "Battery Saver", where previously it offered 3 schemes and the "Maximal Use" was selected.
How can I make the tablet charge again the batteries at the maximum capacity?
TIA

But have you checked the battery life itself? And have you left on charge long enough to get to 100%? Its possible that it's just telling you it's 50% when in fact it's fully charged. Maybe not, but needs ruling out. My smart phone has a very good battery life but the battery meter readings are very misleading and I have learned to ignore them! Have you Googled searched a 'fix' for battery meter and your tablet as there is one for my phone I just haven't done it yet. You certainly need to rule out a software bug first good luck

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

A physical inspection of the battery would be advisable. Any distortion similar to a bulge would be indicative of a battery on it last legs. Carefully feel the flat sides of the battery, is is perfectly smooth and flat? Lay it on a table and look at how each side meets the table, spin it etc. Failing that it might need reconditioning or possibly your charger is borked. Many articles online regarding battery care.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

My Samsung tablet was charging badly, I tried the charger from my Samsung smartphone with the same result. After that I charged the tablet with an charger from an Sony Xperia tablet which works fine. So maybe try another charger. 

Strange is that before the anomalies with the battery, I could chose between several Power plans.
Same as my laptop.
But since my battery is charging only to 50%, I have only 1 Power plan available.

Tablet.jpg.27015fc245eb395e208b22261419bed2.jpg

laptop.jpg.fab712259ece6add9ac599244ca8f8ff.jpg 

Edited by Confuscious

Some manufacturers install software over the top of Win10 to extend the life of your battery. This is achieved by limiting the charge to a reduced level on the assumption you normally use the device with the mains connected.

If it is Samsung look into the Samsung Control Centre.

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Any Chinese bloatware on there that interferes with the battery charging? Just a thought.

Maybe.
There are some Chinese programmes pre-installed in the tablet (Dual-Boot, etc.)
But they were there from the beginning and made no problems.
Can you read Chinese?

Edited by Confuscious

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Maybe.
There are some Chinese programmes pre-installed in the tablet (Dual-Boot, etc.)
But they were there from the beginning and made no problems.
Can you read Chinese?

Hell no....:smile:

There are many battery calibration apps on Playstore. I have no idea if they work or not, but it may be worth a try. They do tell you the condition of the battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a Win10 or Win10 driver issue that got updated/corrected for your specific hardware.

Hey, since we are on the subject, why not use the built-in Snipping Tool to take screenshots of your desktop.

Snipping Tool in Windows 10/8/7: Tips & Tricks to capture screenshots

The Windows Club 

tutorial91-2.png   snipping-tool-windows-10-400x255.jpg.65ef756ab2e76a0c2b9765eb8b21bd62.jpg  Desktop_SnippingTool.JPG.fb4fc6e6aaee8947050222abacecc99f.JPG

Also, maybe download CPUID's HWMonitor Pro application and take a look at what condition your system is reporting for your battery.

ThaiVisa_CPUID-HWMONITOR.JPG.3cb90fa6312807c7fe73247b2fe5de43.JPG

...just a suggestion.