Pink ID card & Yellow tabian baan - Who can get it?

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

Did you read my post you quoted only half of

Yes, I read it.

You obviously changed your form of ID required at the DLT just as I did.

However this point raised my eyebrows.

49 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

I book my hotels in English when i turn up i present my ID card no problems at all.

If the hotel is registered, they must report your presence to Immigration. Using an English name to book, then presenting an ID card purely in Thai suggests to me your staying in unlicensed  accommodation.

I've booked hotels using my name in either English or Thai.

In English they want my Passport, because that's in English, not the ID card, which is in Thai.

In Thai, then the ID card is accepted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes, I read it.

If the hotel is registered, they must report your presence to Immigration. Using an English name to book, then presenting an ID card purely in Thai suggests to me your staying in unlicensed  accommodation.

In English they want my Passport, because that's in English, not the ID card, which is in Thai.

I can assure you i stay in properly licenced hotels all over Thailand. I have never had a problem using ID card they can easily register you with immigration. They always take a photocopy of ID as they do with Passport. So if they dont register me thats there problem or maybe as its a thai ID card they dont have to or think they dont have to i dont know all i know is they all except my ID card.

Edited by jeab1980

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

I can assure you i stay in properly licenced hotels all over Thailand. I have never had a problem using ID card they can easily register you with immigration. They always take a photocopy of ID as they do with Passport. So if they dont register me thats there problem or maybe as its a thai ID card they dont have to or think they dont have to i dont know all i know is they all except my ID card.

probably they don't register you which might, actually, be an advantage then you don't have to register when you get back to your permanent home 

8 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

probably they don't register you which might, actually, be an advantage then you don't have to register when you get back to your permanent home 

Dont have to register again when returning home.  Been told only need a new tm 30 if i permanently move address, not if i go on holiday or indeed do a border run. Havent done one since we did tm 30 and tm 28 when we moved to this house some 3 years ago. Use immigration every 5 months or so to extend stay based on visiting wife no problems.

Edited by jeab1980

25 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Dont have to register again when returning home.  Been told only need a new tm 30 if i permanently move address, not if i go on holiday or indeed do a border run. Havent done one since we did tm 30 and tm 28 when we moved to this house some 3 years ago. Use immigration every 5 months or so to extend stay based on visiting wife no problems.

simply not true you need to research more hotels do it for you when you check-in that's why you MUST show your passport - many condos do it too (but not all) and when you get home you should do it as it's a requirement by law but take the risk and good luck as you come across as someone who knows it all anyway.

This is the reality:

Once I Have Registered, Is That It?

That’s it unless you like to travel. If you don’t travel around and just stay at the premises you are registered at then you won’t have any issues.  Your registration does not expire. As soon as you leave the country, even for a few days, you must re-register on your return.

If you stay in a hotel/guest house within Thailand, then you’ve re-registered in a different location. Once you return to your primary location in Thailand you have to re-register in that location again.

Edited by LannaGuy

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If somebody was to see different translation if they see them on more than one of them at the same time it could be a problem.

I have always showed the translator my marriage certificate to insure their translation matched it.

My Thai son has my western common family name as does his wife and his three kids.

Years back when my son registered for uni the admin staff changed the spelling in Thai because 'they thought it would look more beautiful' and he has quite some trouble to get it changed back to the spelling on his Thai ID card.

Nowadays he checks all documents quickly for all his family to be sure the spelling is consistent. 

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

simply not true you need to research more hotels do it for you when you check-in that's why you MUST show your passport - many condos do it too (but not all) and when you get home you should do it as it's a requirement by law but take the risk and good luck as you come across as someone who knows it all anyway.

This is the reality:

Once I Have Registered, Is That It?

That’s it unless you like to travel. If you don’t travel around and just stay at the premises you are registered at then you won’t have any issues.  Your registration does not expire. As soon as you leave the country, even for a few days, you must re-register on your return.

If you stay in a hotel/guest house within Thailand, then you’ve re-registered in a different location. Once you return to your primary location in Thailand you have to re-register in that location again.

You are incorrect i have researched it been to immigration and asked. So please tend to your own.If i come across as you say thats beacuse of experiance and the ability to ask for correct information from the people who know immigration. 

The reality is:

I do not need to hand in a TM30 unless i move my perminent address not for holidays or border runs. End of.

< removed >

Edited by ubonjoe
Inflammatory comment removed

10 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

You are incorrect i have researched it been to immigration and asked. So please tend to your own.If i come across as you say thats beacuse of experiance and the ability to ask for correct information from the people who know immigration. 

The reality is:

I do not need to hand in a TM30 unless i move my perminent address not for holidays or border runs. End of.

Ps you come across as arrogant but i really dont care.

STOP giving out misinformation which might lead others to have problems with Immigration - thank you

Edited by LannaGuy

41 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

STOP giving out misinformation which might lead others to have problems with Immigration - thank you

Actually it is correct dependent upon the immigrati office you report to.

Many offices correctly don't want a TM30 unless you  move.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually it is correct dependent upon the immigrati office you report to.

Many offices correctly don't want a TM30 unless you  move.

Thank you for clearing this up. For @LannaGuy

I do not give out miss information.

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

You really dont listen to anyone do you but hey you do it your way who cares

the fact that you may have found an Immigration Office that does not apply the rules is good fortune but you did NOT say that

in Chiang Mai and many other cities they require it

58a291138f07c_TM30Law.jpeg.7af5bb54bc33307dfcd58ce9cf3f8264.jpeg

Edited by LannaGuy
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 3:23 PM, timkeen08 said:

I have yellow book and my Amphur said come back in 3 years for pink ID card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That's crazy, I just got my yellow book, and as soon as I got that, I got my pink ID card from the table a few metres up.

I will agree with other posters here that every place that you apply for the yellow book and ID card are different, i.e. I had to get my original birth certificate stamped with the seal of Apostle from my embassy confirming it was authentic, then I had to get it translated from English to Thai, then I had to go to the Thai Consulate and get them to stamp the translation documents and then to the embassy in Bangkok to drop t off for them to put their seal of approval on it, and then take it to the place that you apply for the yellow book, some here call it Amphur.

But they also wanted me to get immigration here to give them a letter that they know where I live, well an hour and 20 drive later, the immigration department said, no we only do that for drivers licences, which I had done a year ago, then the wife spoke to immigration about it and they said, I don't know who told you that, but its wrong, come in with what you have and we will have a look at it, and bring your Mayor and one of your parents as a witness with their house books.

To think that I had the seal of Apostile on both my marriage certificate and a certified copy of my passport already would be enough to say who I was with my original birth certificate, but nope, the birth certificate had to have the seal of Apostile on it too, and there I was looking at my photo on the certified copy of the passport with the seal of Apostile which states that this is who it is, me, and to get a passport you need a birth certificate, DER.......

Lucky are the guys who have more lenient Amphur's  who accept a birth certificate in its original form, well that would have saved me 3 days worth of running around and a stop over in Bangkok, but then again farangs are meant to jump through hula-hoops.

Its all over now, "<inflammatory comment removed>"

Edited by metisdead

On 2017-6-2 at 9:54 AM, animalmagic said:

The Pink ID card was not readily accepted on a recent domestic flight, the Driving License seemed the more popular.

Hope this helps.

As I recently got the yellow book and Pink ID card and am flying on a domestic flight in a few weeks, I will try the pink ID card 1st, if that fails, I will give them my Thai drivers licence, failing that the passport, but carrying that around is a pain in the ass literally as I am always conscious of not losing it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Did you read my post you quoted only half of?

I will clarify i have many times booked a flight (internally in English) and then used me thai ID have had no rejections. I have started well a couple of years ago now booking in Thai again no problems. Hotels i always book in english and use ID card never been refused. Everything i used my passport for initially now has ID card associated with it.

When you say that you booked a flight in English, do you mean that you spoke English when you booked it?

5 minutes ago, Puccini said:

When you say that you booked a flight in English, do you mean that you spoke English when you booked it?

No i wrote in english on the booking site

7 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

No i wrote in english on the booking site

Thank you.

This leaves the question of identification documents. Did you have to give the number of an idenrificarton document when booking the flight and when checking in at the airport? If yes, the number of what document did you give

a. when booking the flight

b. when checking in

1 minute ago, Puccini said:

Thank you.

This leaves the question of identification documents. Did you have to give the number of an idenrificarton document when booking the flight and when checking in at the airport? If yes, the number of what document did you give

a. when booking the flight

b. when checking in

No when using the booking site for thai smile one only needs to fill in the dates. Passengers names phone number and email. As stated for last few flights i fill it in in Thai script. (Before in English. On both thai or English we just arive at book in present both ID cards and get boarding cards. On boarding again we both present our ID cards to the trolley dollies as we go through depature gate both accepted with no hassle.

4 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

No when using the booking site for thai smile one only needs to fill in the dates. Passengers names phone number and email. As stated for last few flights i fill it in in Thai script. (Before in English. On both thai or English we just arive at book in present both ID cards and get boarding cards. On boarding again we both present our ID cards to the trolley dollies as we go through depature gate both accepted with no hassle.

"The English language, she is difficult", Hercule Poirot sighed in some of Agatha Christie's detective novels and I agree with him, but slowly I am beginning to understand what you are saying: sometimes when booking a local flight you typed your name in English, respectively in Latin script, on the online booking form, at other times in Thai script. Both when you used Latin script and when you used Thai script for the booking, you presented only your Thai ID card for the check-in at the airport and where required also at the boarding gate and this was always accepted even though your ID card has your name only in Thai script.

One last question: in what script was your boarding pass issued when you booked the ticket with your name in Latin script and and checked in with your Thai ID?

Edited by Puccini

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes, I read it.

It might be because he travels with his Thai wife that the ID is accepted. I will try again today but it was rejected last time I tried it. The card is normally for Burmese etc. Normal process book in English and ID in English. I can't see international flights accepting the pink card but if travelling with Thai with a real ID 'maybe' they let it go but I'd have your passport handy in case. As for TM30 it looks like it depends on local immigration but take nothing for granted here.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

It might be because he travels with his Thai wife that the ID is accepted. I will try again today but it was rejected last time I tried it. The card is normally for Burmese etc. Normal process book in English and ID in English. I can't see international flights accepting the pink card but if travelling with Thai with a real ID 'maybe' they let it go but I'd have your passport handy in case. As for TM30 it looks like it depends on local immigration but take nothing for granted here.

Why beacuse i travel with my wife? The ticket is in my name its my ID they want.

Nobody said or is fool enough to try using ID on an international flight. Glad you finaly accepted my posts on my TM 30 took a while yhough.

5 hours ago, Puccini said:

"The English language, she is difficult", Hercule Poirot sighed in some of Agatha Christie's detective novels and I agree with him, but slowly I am beginning to understand what you are saying: sometimes when booking a local flight you typed your name in English, respectively in Latin script, on the online booking form, at other times in Thai script. Both when you used Latin script and when you used Thai script for the booking, you presented only your Thai ID card for the check-in at the airport and where required also at the boarding gate and this was always accepted even though your ID card has your name only in Thai script.

One last question: in what script was your boarding pass issued when you booked the ticket with your name in Latin script and and checked in with your Thai ID?

The old saying sarcasm is the lowest form of wit applies here.

16 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Why beacuse i travel with my wife? The ticket is in my name its my ID they want.

Nobody said or is fool enough to try using ID on an international flight. Glad you finaly accepted my posts on my TM 30 took a while yhough.

like a dog with a bone

TM30 requires reporting as indicated unless lucky enough to find an office that can't be bothered. I have quoted two sources for Chiang Mai yet still you persist to indicate that it is countrywide and that is misinformation. Everyone needs to check their local office to avoid problems. Now let it go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

You book and board international flights without ID...........amazing claims!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Another saying 'Never argue with a fool. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with their experience' also applies here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Another saying 'Never argue with a fool. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with their experience' also applies here.

Correct so ill let you get on with your own fool notions.

Per chance are you Lannaguy with an alias?

Edited by jeab1980

8 hours ago, Puccini said:

3 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Where is the sarcasm.

Puccini asked a straightforward valid question.

Why not give the man a straight answer without being sarcastic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

like a dog with a bone

TM30 requires reporting as indicated unless lucky enough to find an office that can't be bothered. I have quoted two sources for Chiang Mai yet still you persist to indicate that it is countrywide and that is misinformation. Everyone needs to check their local office to avoid problems. Now let it go.

Not once have i said country wide you really need to read peoples posts.and stop yourself looking foolish and giving out misinformation. Chiang mai as i read it on here is or shall i say is reported to be without doubt the worst immigration office in Thailand. So excuse me if i read someting about there rules and put them to one side wont you.

Now go dig up your bone and move on.