Nothing Done To Extradite 'Boss Red Bull'

snoop1130

Nothing Done To Extradite 'Boss Red Bull'

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

Britain_Cham-696x464.jpg

Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya, whose grandfather co-founded energy drink company Red Bull, walks to get in a car as he leaves a house in London, Wednesday, April 5, 2017. Photo: Matt Dunham / Associated Press

BANGKOK — As media attention again wanes, the public prosecutor said his office has yet to take action to seek the extradition of the ultra-wealthy heir to an energy drink fortune wanted for fatal hit-and-run charges.

Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, grandson of a business now spanning the globe, remains on the run overseas a month after the latest deadline for him to turn himself in expired. Although the authorities pledged to bring the 32-year-old back to Thailand to face justice, that effort seemed to end when the spotlight moved on.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/06/01/nothing-done-extradite-boss-red-bull/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-6-1

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Surely the Brits can kick him out of the country instead of harbouring him.

I think that the country that wants him extradited has to ask.

Without that happening the UK authorities can do nothing. And I should imagine he retains some pretty high powered lawyers to ensure that remains the case; (why do sharks never bite lawyers? Professional courtesy!).

The ball is in Thailand's  court - and headed straight for some very long grass!

It is a bit disingenuous to post a picture of him leaving his house on April 5th and report it as if it happened today. I do hope they are making efforts to deport or extradite him but this makes it look like he is hanging out in London with no fear. 

My guess is he is holed up in some third world backwater at this point. 

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Come on, Mr PM. Show us your power and set a huge example by flexing you article 44 muscles. No? I'll just get on with my life as if nothing here ever changed after the coup, then. 

Why would he ? It's the Red Bull family who runs this country , didn't you know ? They are on top of the money list , so the PM can't touch them .  

The family itself is not under indictment. It is just this little prick. From what I have read all he has to do is stay away 10 years which should be simple enough for a rich person. You can't take action against the family for very obvious reasons.

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Come on, Mr PM. Show us your power and set a huge example by flexing you article 44 muscles. No? I'll just get on with my life as if nothing here ever changed after the coup, then. 

You think the PM has the power to bring this guy to justice ?

He wouldn't even get close.

3 hours ago, JAG said:

I think that the country that wants him extradited has to ask.

Without that happening the UK authorities can do nothing. And I should imagine he retains some pretty high powered lawyers to ensure that remains the case; (why do sharks never bite lawyers? Professional courtesy!).

The ball is in Thailand's  court - and headed straight for some very long grass!

And yet, whenever somebody complains in TVForum about Thai immigration officers, there is always an apologist that says " being allowed into the country is at the discretion of the immigration officer".

Just goes to show the UK will give anyone a visa if they have enough money regardless of what criminal acts they may have committed.

...meanwhile Assange is still stuck in the embassy not facing any charges...simply for publishing the truth.

Edited by onthesoi

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

And yet, whenever somebody complains in TVForum about Thai immigration officers, there is always an apologist that says " being allowed into the country is at the discretion of the immigration officer".

The average tv poster isn't accused of manslaughter.

7 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Yes indeed and when 'Boss' shows up at Heathrow and presents his passport do you think its says 'killer' in red ink ?

I doubt any British immigration officer would have a clue who he is, and why should they ?

Just now, berybert said:

Yes indeed and when 'Boss' shows up at Heathrow and presents his passport do you think its says 'killer' in red ink ?

I doubt any British immigration officer would have a clue who he is, and why should they ?

If he goes to the UK and is wanted by interpol he is done. He isn't anywhere near a port that he would risk it.

Just now, berybert said:

The UK foreign office could warn them to keep an eye open on certain scum entering the country? A list perhaps?

Just now, anotheruser said:

If he goes to the UK and is wanted by interpol he is done. He isn't anywhere near a port that he would risk it.

Is he wanted by Interpol and was he when he last showed up in Britain.

Just now, berybert said:

Do Thais not have to formally apply for a visa before arriving?

...British immigration should have a clue who they're dishing out visas to, 5 secs on google is all it would take.