Nothing Done To Extradite 'Boss Red Bull'

snoop1130

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just accept it, no one is interested in seeing him brought to justice. Except for a few TVF members.

He and his family will just continue to laugh at the Thai system and go on with their jet setting life.

6 hours ago, onthesoi said:

How many times do I have to say that Thais need to make a formal visa application before entering the UK ....they dont get to rock up at immigration and get a visa on arrival like we do at swampy, it's a long drawn out process, which involves submitting a lot of evidence and checks are made, many applications fail for the smallest details.

That's a touch overblown. It's a long drawn out process the first time, especially if you meet the profile of possible bar girl heading to the UK to work (see age, geographic location etc). After getting the first visa, the process becomes infinitely easier and one often gets a multi-entry extended visa quite quickly (my own personal experience for Thai GF). 

For an employed, wealthy Thai who has immigration lawyers fill in the application and has business and property interests in the UK and has a long history of visiting and complying with the countries laws then I'd expect it's very simple, I'd suggest he actually already has a multi-year long term business use visa and unless the Thai authorities issue some sort of international warrant then the UK aren't going to do much. 

And why should they? He hasn't actually been charged yet and several of the proposed charges are already statute barred. He's certainly not been found guilty of any offences. He is no threat to citizens of the UK. If the UK banned him because news stories have made, as yet unproven, allegations then he'd no doubt sue them and they'd struggle to show just cause. 

He needs to be dealt with by the Thai authorities and if he's on the run then an international interpol alert/warrant needs to be filed. Apart from some vague language by the government, nothing much has happened. So why would the UK government be compelled to do anything? It's a nonsense position. 

I'd further add that I'd be roughly 100% sure he's also got passports from other countries, and some even sell diplomatic passports. 

What he did was reprehensible but this is entirely a Thai legal issue and it's 100% on the Thai authorities. No other country shares any blame unless they fail to comply with legal obligations stemming from properly executed arrangements between Thai and interpol. 

Once you understand that he'll never face justice, it's quite entertaining to watch the various authorities tying themselves in knots. 

Of course if you are one of the few who still expect any form of justice, I can see how it could be being frustrating, irritating, even disappointing to see these events unfold in the predictable, time honored fashion.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Once you understand that he'll never face justice, it's quite entertaining to watch the various authorities tying themselves in knots. 

Of course if you are one of the few who still expect any form of justice, I can see how it could be being frustrating, irritating, even disappointing to see these events unfold in the predictable, time honored fashion.

The variation this time is he didn't just head to Singapore and wait out his 10 years. He basically hid in plain site in Bangkok until a few weeks ago. That's a little more creative ???

Lots of posts suggesting incompetent or corrupted UK border officials, but I do not see anything in the story the suggests that he is still in the UK, the picture was an archived one dated 5th April, the full story suggests that the Thai's don't know where he is, probably not true, but certainly doesn't say whether is currently in the UK or not!

I'm sure if has a valid multiple entry UK visa, trouble is, if the Thai's really did revoke his passport, then that would be useless and he would be using one of his other passports from another country.

If only he were a red-shirt, guilty of some reasonably petty "crime",  then you could be certain the full weight of the state would be working overtime for his return.

Edited by mtls2005

11 hours ago, Thechook said:

Surely the Brits can kick him out of the country instead of harbouring him.

Why? He's probably contributing millions to their economy.

5 minutes ago, sandrew33 said:

The variation this time is he didn't just head to Singapore and wait out his 10 years. He basically hid in plain site in Bangkok until a few weeks ago. That's a little more creative ???

no a little more brazen

6 hours ago, onthesoi said:

BS!

...immigration validates the information given in the current visa application, going on your previous posts it sounds like you haven't got a clue how Thais get visa for the UK...& now just making up any old <deleted> to hide your ignorance, yes...cop killers are welcome in the UK lolz, have a good evening!

Maybe he has a 10-year multiple entry visa (like my wife has) and there was no blemish on his record when he applied before the incident. I'm not defending/accusing anyone here, just saying.

7 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Do Thais not have to formally apply for a visa before arriving?

...British immigration should have a clue who they're dishing out visas to, 5 secs on google is all it would take.

He has probably been using a 10 year visa for the UK issued before the incident involving the death of the policeman.

Why hasn't the Public Prosecutor done anything? And more to the point, why hasn't Prayuth done anything to get him prosecuted?

Could it be money?

Could it be par for the course in what is essentially a corrupt feudal hierarchical social system?

Yup, all of the above :post-4641-1156693976:

As for those who choose "he hasn't been charged" - well the facts speak for themselves, he did kill a policeman whether he is charged or not! Sometimes you need to stop hiding behind the "law".

Thai "authorities" are quick to prosecute and jail criminals who are not rich/connected/powerful. It is a clear case of a two tier judicial system where those who are rich/connected/powerful seem immune to any prosecution. Western nations need to stop him from entering their countries on the basis of the facts NOT the corrupt judicial system of the criminal's country.

In the words of the song Price Tag, by Jessie J, it is all about the money money money!

Many beautiful aspects to Thailand but whatever the list (big or small) corruption would not even get a look in! Thailand 4.0? What a joke!

The PM may boast about many things but history will also judge him that he did not seriously attempt to stamp out corruption! When, perhaps, you and your friends are benefactors of the largess of a corrupt system why would you change it! That policeman and his family (and others) deserve better.

We can only hope that the little s**t who killed him (the policeman) will one day die a physically tormented death himself! Karma. All his and his family's money will not prevent his death, only the manner of it!

Let us for once hope that Karma does its work, meaning that this scumbag buys a new fancy Ferrari or whatever is fast and kills himself in the next runaway haven such as Monaco, Cannes or Dubai. Filth like this doesn't deserve anything else and then all his remains can be delivered in front of his "important" friends here!

6 hours ago, oldhippy said:

He is running from justice - that should be enough to declare him persona non grata.

And has the UK government been officially informed that he is running from justice according to normal international practice, or do you expect them to act because TV bloggers are pressing?

12 hours ago, JAG said:

I think that the country that wants him extradited has to ask.

Without that happening the UK authorities can do nothing. And I should imagine he retains some pretty high powered lawyers to ensure that remains the case; (why do sharks never bite lawyers? Professional courtesy!).

The ball is in Thailand's  court - and headed straight for some very long grass!

Any country can declare a non-citizen an undesirable and stick him on an airplane back home.  There may be a legal battle, but so what?  And they don't even need an extradition treaty, much less an extradition request.

Hell, they've denied people entry because they participated in political criticism in their home country- no indictment, no conviction, no crime whatsoever.

8 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

And has the UK government been officially informed that he is running from justice according to normal international practice, or do you expect them to act because TV bloggers are pressing?

Nah, just use some common sense!

24 minutes ago, Knee Jerk Reaction said:

He has probably been using a 10 year visa for the UK issued before the incident involving the death of the policeman.

Which, IF Thailand has indeed revoked his passport, is useless in theory.

As an addition, even if he does have a valid UK visa it doesn't and shouldn't stop the UK from cancelling the visa if they so wished, I do believe that this was done for a certain ex. Prime Minister a few years back.

Edited by Mattd

Another aspect of this case, which I am no expert on, but am sure of this. It does irreparable damage to the country's reputation and to the people of Thailand, at a hard time. Its tough in business and the world economy is not great and nor is Thailand's. I have no idea of legalities, or the case specifically, but surely just going to court and manning up, is not such a huge deal. The outcome will probably be not so harsh and it would all be over. People tend to respect someone who accepts responsibility and acts in a adult way. Its not the accident that I think now people seem to be so mad about, its the attitude, which is not good for the families involved, or the young guy either.  Imagine if you were a company considering investing here. Rule of law is so important and the Europeans have been very guarded about welcoming Thailand into the fold and this just makes it worse for everyone. The knock on effect is far reaching. It damages the image of the country, the government, the people as a whole, the legal system, guess it has an effect on the economy (as less investment) and it just brings so much negative light on the country, when it needs positive opinions. There is a lot to like in Thailand and so many good things, but this kind of thing is just so negative for everyone. So unnecessary. All it does, is drag it out and every so often it will pop up on a news feed or channel. The lad can't feel good either, as it can't be pleasant seeing yourself being so disliked all over the internet and splashed all over the international press. And of course the poor family who lost a loved one, who are trying to get on with their lives, after such a tragic event. No one is winning here. Just more negativity, dragging a sad, tragic accident and situation out. Not to forget one has to live with oneself after for the rest of ones life.

Edited by davidcc

10 hours ago, balo said:

Why would he ? It's the Red Bull family who runs this country , didn't you know ? They are on top of the money list , so the PM can't touch them .  

I read yesterday that CP, the Thailand 7/11 owners plus plus plus are on top of the money list now. No doubt the Krating Dang monkeys are right up there. 

This guy is probably shacked up with Taksin and will have another passport or three so no chance of him coming home to face the charges.

"Boss" and his family have most likely spent millions on this and will continue to spend more millions.

They should have paid the Cops family this sort of compensation at the very start and settled it. Ok it is NOT justice, but at least the Cops family would be taken care of and not have to watch this injustice year after year.