A year after Bill Gates' holiday snaps those cables are still hanging!

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, Tilacme said:

What BG was originally saying is that people were stealing electricity and the authorities need to stop it, which of course was a metaphor for people using pirated copies of Windows here. 

Utter Rubbish. Bill was not originally saying any such thing. His Gates Foundation has been involved in electrification projects in Africa and the subcontinent and he was talking about overloaded power grids. He made ther mistake of using a thai picture as an example, although he was talking about problems in other countries. The Thai media had their expected hissy fit about it.

A 'Metaphor for pirated copies of Windows' is a garbled conspiracy theory for people who have no clue what the Gates Foundation is or does,  and  vaguely know Bill Gates had something to do with software.

On 6/2/2017 at 6:25 PM, Thechook said:

Well I know you definately don't live in Chiangmai.  Lived in Thailand for 3 years, geez mate you're now thai.  Mate you haven't even left the airport and you are telling veterans thier not welcomed. 

Ones things for sure, I'm not your mate or anyone else's mate for that matter. For some reason you think your some kind of spokesman for veterans. What ever that means, veterans that is. Fortunately I have lived in 26 other countries, fluent in 5 languages and actually a veteran. I don't speak for everyone but certainly I think you don't know squat about anything other than hillbilly life mate! As to Thai I'm fluent in Thai, reading and writing which looking at your comment you might want to take up or at least a spelling course. Stay in Chiangmai and try and make your own comments and stop pretending your some kind of spokesman for some kind of group of farang veterans mate or go to the airport and fly back to your island mate! 

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Utter Rubbish. Bill was not originally saying any such thing. His Gates Foundation has been involved in electrification projects in Africa and the subcontinent and he was talking about overloaded power grids. He made ther mistake of using a thai picture as an example, although he was talking about problems in other countries. The Thai media had their expected hissy fit about it.

A 'Metaphor for pirated copies of Windows' is a garbled conspiracy theory for people who have no clue what the Gates Foundation is or does,  and  vaguely know Bill Gates had something to do with software.

I don't believe BG is loosing any sleep over the aesthetics of cables in Thailand and he did specifically refer to people stealing electricity. I have seen him speaking on licence infringements in second of third world countries and his view is to let them get on with it and rein them in later - smart man.   I have no idea why you are talking about Africa in this context and your comments are irrelevant.

48 minutes ago, Harold the Great said:

Ones things for sure, I'm not your mate or anyone else's mate for that matter. For some reason you think your some kind of spokesman for veterans. What ever that means, veterans that is. Fortunately I have lived in 26 other countries, fluent in 5 languages and actually a veteran. I don't speak for everyone but certainly I think you don't know squat about anything other than hillbilly life mate! As to Thai I'm fluent in Thai, reading and writing which looking at your comment you might want to take up or at least a spelling course. Stay in Chiangmai and try and make your own comments and stop pretending your some kind of spokesman for some kind of group of farang veterans mate or go to the airport and fly back to your island mate! 

Pud dee.

54 minutes ago, Harold the Great said:

"Lived " in  26  countries ? Thats  quite  an achievement !  I  have  lived  in  3,  and stayed  in 2 more without involving  employment.  In Thailand  I  consider  that I  now  live because  I  have been here  much  more than  5 years and choose  to  continue  doing  so.

I have  stayed  in 2  countries  for less than 5  years each but have  never  considered it more than a  longish interesting  visit.

I am semi  fluent  in  2 languages  other than  English  and basic  in  2  others.

If I were  to  consider  "living" in  a  country  to  be ( other than in that location  for  employment purposes) for  at  least  3 years then yes  indeed  you  are  surely a  veteran... Mate.

4 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

"Lived " in  26  countries ? Thats  quite  an achievement !  I  have  lived  in  3,  and stayed  in 2 more without involving  employment.  In Thailand  I  consider  that I  now  live because  I  have been here  much  more than  5 years and choose  to  continue  doing  so.

I have  stayed  in 2  countries  for less than 5  years each but have  never  considered it more than a  longish interesting  visit.

I am semi  fluent  in  2 languages  other than  English  and basic  in  2  others.

If I were  to  consider  "living" in  a  country  to  be ( other than in that location  for  employment purposes) for  at  least  3 years then yes  indeed  you  are  surely a  veteran... Mate.

I appreciate your comment and respectfully I'm still learning here and not wanting to fly off the handle I just get choked when individuals attempt to speak for the forum, putting words in my mouth rather than enjoying true interaction with all members and learning from one another. I have only been here 3 years and I don't think I know everything about Thailand for sure and without a doubt I likely won't understand it all especially at my age but I appreciate advise and experiences from everyone. Thank you

1 hour ago, Tilacme said:

don't believe BG is loosing any sleep over the aesthetics of cables in Thailand and he did specifically refer to people stealing electricity. I have seen him speaking on licence infringements in second of third world countries and his view is to let them get on with it and rein them in later - smart man.   I have no idea why you are talking about Africa in this context and your comments are irrelevant.

i suggest you re read my post again, but looks like all you are doing is trolling. Dime a dozen in this place and not a very good troll post to be honest with you. I suggest you up your game.

8 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

i suggest you re read my post again, but looks like all you are doing is trolling. Dime a dozen in this place and not a very good troll post to be honest with you. I suggest you up your game.

I suggest you get out of your internet bubble, get off your sofa and take a walk outside and try to relate to the real world.

4 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

I already know. MONEYYYYY

Not just money, but to ignore things until it becomes a problem and then the knee jerk reaction anytime something happens and becomes public the government wants to show they are doing something about it.  They will make a big show and make promises, this will last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks before it's forgotten and everything is back to usual.