Public views on ‘four questions’ being collected

rooster59

Public views on ‘four questions’ being collected

By THE NATION

a2dcee0aba166b8e359e7a21060f9777.jpeg

Interior Minister General Anupong Paochinda

PEOPLE ARE required to show up at government-run complaint centres and identify themselves with citizen ID numbers to respond to the prime minister’s “four questions”.

Interior Minister General Anupong Paochinda yesterday said this traditional way of collecting public views was the “best” to gather genuine opinions from people across the country.

He said that other platforms, especially social media, could allow wrongdoers to claim ID numbers of others as to provide “fraudulent opinions”. If people show up at the complaint centres, officials would be able to collect their opinions in writing and their citizen identification numbers for the record, he said.

Despite speculation, he denied that the Interior Ministry’s role in the opinion-gathering process is for the junta’s political purposes.

“I assure you that officials won’t guide or lead people to get particular answers,” he said. “I also can’t order Damrongtham centres to make up information or opinions. We’re only here to gather opinions. If anyone thinks that has a political agenda, I can just let it be.”

Every 10 days, Damrongtham |centres across the country are to submit summaries of received opinions on the four questions to Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, according to Anupong. 

His ministry should be able to assign the task to provincial governors and start implementing the hearing within a week, he said.

The interior minister, however, refused to say what Prayut would do with the collected answers. 

“You’d have to ask the PM for that,” he said.

Prayut yesterday said that the four questions are only meant to stimulate public learning in society. 

“They don’t lead to anything. There will certainly be an election because |the law says so,” he said. “But how the election will be is up to you because you’ll choose the government. It has nothing to do with me.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30317072

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-03

"If people show up at the complaint centres, officials would be able to collect their opinions in writing and their citizen identification numbers for the record, he said"

...and also keep track of people with the "wrong" opinions. Scary poo really. :mellow: How long before the house of cards comes tumbling down I wonder? (Although seeing Pantless fall all the way down would bring a smile to my face) [emoji6]

So basically the only people that would show up are junta supports because no one in their right mind will hand over their ID and then offer a "wrong" response.  That would probably lead to charges of defamation and Lese Majeste.  The whole thing is really quite absurd.

Edited by stephen tracy

3 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

That's not going to result in any meaningful statistical conclusion.

That's the idea.  When only junta supporters show and answer these loaded questions in favour of the junta, the junta can then say, see? We must remain in power because that's what the Thai people have declared.  It's sad and pathetic.