Documents Needed For Extension To O Visa

Hello all, the extension on my non immigrant o visa (married to Thai lady) runs out in April. I cannot find here the new rules and regulations appertaining to this type of extension. I have looked at several likely posts to no avail, I have also tried the search facility, again to no avail. Could someone tell me exactly what I have to produce to the immigration police to gain a further one year extension on my visa.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.

If you already have an extension you can use the same materials you used last time but at some point the requirement will be for a 3 month record (of income or bank deposit prior to applications). If not the new requirement is 40k family monthly income. What documents will be required has not been published but expect basically unchanged. The 3 month requirement is currently enforced for new applications.

If you already have an extension you can use the same materials you used last time but at some point the requirement will be for a 3 month record (of income or bank deposit prior to applications). If not the new requirement is 40k family monthly income. What documents will be required has not been published but expect basically unchanged. The 3 month requirement is currently enforced for new applications.

Thanks for the quick reply Lopburi.

You say '' if not the requirement is....... ''etc. Do you mean I need a deposit of 400,000 baht three months before the application if I cannot show a monthly income of 40k, or is that just for new applicants? And does that mean that as this is a renewal I can deposit said amount a week or two before the application?

The three month rule will apply to the old 400k in bank but to date has not been enforced as not many know about it. I would expect both you and wife having questions to answer if the money magically appears and there is no other activity in account - but that does not mean it would not be approved - but you would probably not get another chance to do ii and would be told it has to have a record of 3 months next time.

The 40k is the new requirement and there is no 400k option for new applicants.

i was at suan plu bkk today, as mentioned before, the officer can ask for anything you were reqired to produce last time.

to day all i was asked for was,my passport, marriage certificate, house book, wifes id card and 400,000 baht in bank account.

these laws are as new to the officers as they are to us, i would thanked the officer for her help, no trick qustions, no trying to catch anyone out, just a pleasant individual trying to do her job, while at the same time making it as easy for my wife and i as for herself, she even apologised for the time it took to process the extension.

as has been mentioned many times in previous topics, they are doing us the favour, get a haircut and shave before going, stay off the sauce the night before, put on a pair of pants and a shirt, the only ones i heard moaning were the great unwashed who seem to think it is their right to get an automatic extension.