Prayut to visit the US next month

rooster59

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

I don't think so ...  Trump called him ... so it's obvious the US recognizes Thailand's Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha as the PM. 

Probably Trump was confused between Taiwan and Thailand, as most Americans are.

35 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Trump might be the clown as you say but he is the President of the United States. Which is more than you are!

It's a great office but tragically it is now held by someone completely UNFIT for it. 

4 hours ago, elwood said:

"Pad thai is listed at number 5 on list of World's 50 most delicious foods readers' poll compiled by CNN Go in 2011"

If you have 5o friends, do you think 5 of them would consider Pad Thai as the "most delicious food" they ever tried?

55 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

If you have 5o friends, do you think 5 of them would consider Pad Thai as the "most delicious food" they ever tried?

Probably not, but a lot of Americans would pick a Thai dish. Thai food really is very popular there. 

Edited by Jingthing

6 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

Warch out for Trumps handshake He'll rip this dudes arm off! If lucky find US dallar in the palm from whatever!

Trump isn't healed from the death grip Frenchie gave him.

13 hours ago, Nip said:

I actually thought you were joking! As your fellow countryman used the say on the tennis court ... " You can't be serious? " 

Khun Prayuth has previously spoken in the US .... recently at the UN general assembly.

I am sorry that you choose to stay here with such negativity,  there may be help for such conditions available either here or in your home country.

15 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yeah, he got to be a billionaire by being an idiot, right?  People like you really shouldn't speak in public and show your ignorance. 

With all the investigations going on now, we may soon know how he got to be a billionaire. 

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha has previously represented Thailand at the UN general assembly.   He speaks english and he speaks with an assertive and confident tone.

The Junta controls Thailand because of it's history of fighting, uncontrolled lawlessness and insecurity .....   It is apparent that now Thailand has a stable government in place and I as everyone can carry on with daily lives as normal,  one can travel anywhere, shop anywhere and do with relative safety.

It is sad that some choose to reside in Thailand and wake up every day with the burden of negativity haunting them constantly ....      would they be happy in their home country   ?

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth has previously spoken in the US .... recently at the UN general assembly.

I am sorry that you choose to stay here with such negativity,  there may be help for such conditions available either here or in your home country.

Yes I saw the photos. The Thai delegation playing on their mobile phones while he spoke and nobody listened. Oh and don't be sorry for this negativity condition. I found the cure like many others. Yes I abandoned the sinking ship. It's all yours.  

10 minutes ago, Nip said:

Yes I saw the photos. The Thai delegation playing on their mobile phones while he spoke and nobody listened. Oh and don't be sorry for this negativity condition. I found the cure like many others. Yes I abandoned the sinking ship. It's all yours.  

Well ....  at least you had enough common sense & left if not happy in a place ....  but it's the hypocrites that annoy me that continue to complain ... complain ... and complain about every thing thai .... and everything about the Junta but don't leave even though they can.

I love Thailand ....  It's not perfect but it's a heck of alot better than many other places.

good luck.

While I am not a supporter of President Trump and disagree completely with most of his agenda- I do agree that inviting the Thai PM was a wise and sensible act.  Thailand and the US alliance go back many decades and under the US-Thailand Manila Pact of 1954- America would come to the aid of Thailand militarily if asked.

Donald Trump won't be lecturing Khun Prayut but he will set the stage for future military access to Thai military bases in light of the situation involving North Korea. The US needs support if it is involved in a war with North Korea and Thailand would be a natural ally based upon historical Thai involvement in Korea. Thailand will also get to purchase US military weapons/planes at a good price which will help the trade deficit and get a big smile from Donald Trump.

Trump and Khun Prayut are natural allies- having similar temperaments and similar issues with the Press and constituents. Expect big smiles and back slapping all around and a planned visit to Thailand by Trump.

Well at least the PM will get.to look at how wires are strung on poles and there is organized traffic. And all the alcohol advertising that is every where..tv and restraunts..speaking of tv he might be shocked what he sees there. It will be a culture shock for him. 

On 6/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, Chang_paarp said:

I think you have it wrong there, I think they are intellectual brothers. They also share similar ideologies, so the meeting should go well. The only caveat is Prayut's embarrassing attempts to speak English, but then again this may not the impediment that it could be with other leaders.

Oooh, you are awful! But I like you!

On 6/3/2017 at 2:56 PM, Just1Voice said:

Yeah, he got to be a billionaire by being an idiot, right?  People like you really shouldn't speak in public and show your ignorance. 

He got to be a billionaire by being born to a millionaire and then inheriting his father's business and contacts and then ripping off his contractors and filing frivolous lawsuits.

3 hours ago, kamahele said:

He got to be a billionaire by being born to a millionaire and then inheriting his father's business and contacts and then ripping off his contractors and filing frivolous lawsuits.

Right... he's done that for thirty plus years and no other astute businessmen caught on. They just keep going back to him again and again?  You must be joking. 

4 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Right... he's done that for thirty plus years and no other astute businessmen caught on. They just keep going back to him again and again?  You must be joking. 

Actually he rips off small businesses, not large businesses and the local NY business community is well aware of his tactics. His tactics are well documented through civil law suits. He has been party to 4,000 lawsuits during his life time and was facing 75 active law suits when he entered office. Of course not all the suits were filed against him, he also is easy to file lawsuits in order to run smaller businesses into the ground which couldn't afford the legal fees. The first suit I am aware of that was filed against him was filed by the US Justice Dept. in 1973 for his company's refusal to rent housing to black people. He ended up settling without admitting guilt. And to answer your question, no, I'm not joking.

Edited by kamahele

21 hours ago, kamahele said:

Actually he rips off small businesses, not large businesses and the local NY business community is well aware of his tactics. His tactics are well documented through civil law suits. He has been party to 4,000 lawsuits during his life time and was facing 75 active law suits when he entered office. Of course not all the suits were filed against him, he also is easy to file lawsuits in order to run smaller businesses into the ground which couldn't afford the legal fees. The first suit I am aware of that was filed against him was filed by the US Justice Dept. in 1973 for his company's refusal to rent housing to black people. He ended up settling without admitting guilt. And to answer your question, no, I'm not joking.

My apology for getting off topic about that Thai PM and his trip.   Here goes --->

O.K.  And no one in government has ever noticed this pattern.  And it just keeps going on and on and on.  And no attorney group has thought to file any kind suit on behalf of all these small businesses.  Everyone just ignores it and life goes on.  Now I understand.  Thanks. 

Edited by Ramen087